Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CamiMR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Transferring data from existing iPad, estimated time 6 hours…
Had a similar issue with my iPhone back in September, I swear device to device data transfer used to be much quicker??

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Smart Folio angles so much better on the lap
038ddf95f761623123410ce97d799528.jpg
Love your wallpaper. Very colourful!

Reactions: The Game 161

JD2015

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
First impressions from the 13” IPP and Magic keyboard. The combined reduction in weight is noticeable. The trackpad size is very nice and easy to use with the keyboard feeling more premium (as it should be for the price). I went for the silver IPP and white keyboard and love the combo. Will see if it holds up. Absolute love it and best Ipad release since IPP 2018 for me.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Mine arrived by DHL half hour ago, but I had to go out, can’t wait to get home and get it setup up.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
First impressions from the 13” IPP and Magic keyboard. The combined reduction in weight is noticeable. The trackpad size is very nice and easy to use with the keyboard feeling more premium (as it should be for the price). I went for the silver IPP and white keyboard and love the combo. Will see if it holds up. Absolute love it and best Ipad release since IPP 2018 for me.
Having never had a magic keyboard before the combo does feel heavy to me so I might get a cheap 3rd party folio case for when i want a lighter combo to take out (though suspect I'll love the keyboard too much. I went black SP IPP and black magic keyboard (as well as Air in Starlight and white magic keyboard) but think I will likely return the Air keep the SP IPP but swap out the M4 black keyboard for white as the white keyboard looks nice and reminds me of my very first white macbook.

Reactions: MacMandy and JD2015

NastyMatt

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
Mine is just downloading a ton of COD Mobile resources..… A. it’s very thin B. the screen 😍

I know it could be bias, because when you spend this sort of cash you want it to be good, but, it feels like a huge step up from my 2020 IPP. Feels like I have glasses on and everything is crisper.

Reactions: ukp and Webcat86

ukp

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2007
Mine is just downloading a ton of COD Mobile resources..… A. it’s very thin B. the screen 😍

I know it could be bias, because when you spend this sort of cash you want it to be good, but, it feels like a huge step up from my 2020 IPP. Feels like I have glasses on and everything is crisper.

I have quite poor eyesight and find most screens quite hard to read, but this new ipad pro screen is different. it's very crisp and I don't need to magnify the screen as much.

Also the first thing I did when I aded icloud was buy applecare, this ipad is far too thin and feels like I am going to break it.

Reactions: februarian

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
If you are pay as you go EE doesn’t support eSIM. If you’re pay monthly it should be a doddle. My old iPad had a physical SIM card and soon after starting with the two iPads side by side it asked on the new one if I wanted to move the account to an eSIM.

I am monthly and already have a eSim plan on my M1 iPad

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.