Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jackmw14

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2019
Work is finally over! Time to play

image.jpg

boultonn

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2017
London
So never got a delivery slot from DHL.
Until 5pm it was showing as at depot so had basically resigned myself to sadness and misery.
Then it just showed as delivered and I got an email from concierge saying a DHL delivery had arrived.
I’m both mad and un-mad at the same time.

Reactions: troubleonline

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Well, got home and got the initial setup done on my new 11 Pro, the display is an even bigger leap than I expected over my 2018 model, but unfortunately it’s the opposite for the speakers, noticeably worse. You just can’t keep making things thinner and not expect that to suffer. 😔

Reactions: Tybull

Loopy65

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2008
Wales, UK
Ok then .. a few things. Went from iPad Air (2022) and Magic Keyboard to iPad Pro (11” M4) and new Magic Keyboard.

I’m surprised how much better this is to be honest. I am loving going back to the 4 speakers (was always iPad Pro pre last time) and it’s lighter, noticeably lighter. It seems to be faster enough that I can even notice that! .. it’s lovely to be back to Pro, don‘t think I’ll leave again!

The Magic Keyboard is a decent upgrade too .. much prefer the titanium wrist rest and trackpad and the function keys are a good addition. Always felt as though the extra space at the top of the first gen was an absolute waste.

Enjoying the pencil too with the squeeze to pull up the choices .. good move.

So, I was a little annoyed that I was pushed into getting a new Magic Keyboard and Pencil but they have done decent updates with them so I’m happy enough.

A couple of years ago I purchased a refurbished MacBook Air (M1) but, in all honesty, I think I may try to sell it as it was rarely used and will be even less so with this new setup.

See you all for iPhone day in September or maybe iPad mini day if that’s earlier!!

Happy launch day all

NastyMatt

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
Now playing with my IPP hooked up to my 34” monitor. Check this, Disney+ (Thor Ragnarok) playing in 21x9 (no bars) with sound coming out of the screen, while being able to use the iPad.

Yeah yeah, I know those of you with M1/2 can already do this but is great for me. Exactly what I wanted from extended screen support.

IMG_1551.jpeg

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
I saw some reviews that said they couldn’t tell the difference between 2018 iPad Pro screen and this new screen but I can really notice the improvement!
Nope I switched from 2018 model looks same. Almost like the refresh rate on iPhone 15 vs Pro. 99% of people won’t notice.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
I still can’t decide whether to put a screen protector on or not? I always do, but is there anyone who never has and hasn’t had any issues?

blacksurf

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2007
UK
Collected mine today - awesome little thing. Here it is compared to my old IPP M1 11" and Smart Keyboard.

First impressions are:
  • Screen is amazing - pictures shows side by side on full brightness for both M1 and M4 IPP
  • Trackpad also very nice - smaller and screen tilts more, function keys all accessible even with screen tilted right back
  • Thickness not so noticeable with keyboard but "naked" M4 IPP feels noticeably thinner/lighter (which of course it is)
  • Downside is both iPad and Case are a fingerprint/dust magnet - but maybe its because its more obvious on the black device compared to my older IPP

Attachments

• IMG_1599.jpeg
    IMG_1599.jpeg
    381.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1598.jpeg
    IMG_1598.jpeg
    485.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1597.jpeg
    IMG_1597.jpeg
    538.1 KB · Views: 34

Jackmw14

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2019
Massive difference. Hope you’re loving your new baby, Jack.

And see you in September? 🙏🫶🏼 I’ll need you for colour choice anxiety.

I will be upgrading once again in September (Feeding the addiction)

I might come and taunt you about your colour choice as well 💙

Webcat86

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2022
I still can’t decide whether to put a screen protector on or not? I always do, but is there anyone who never has and hasn’t had any issues?
I never use them on my iPhone or iPad. The iPad is always in a case if I’m not actively using it so a protector feels overkill. And my phone, I just don’t put it with keys or other objects in my pocket. There are surface scratches I’m sure, but they’re not noticeable and they’ve never affected resell value.

My wife has developed a new hobby of dropping her phone, and that doesn’t have scratches either.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
11in Pro arrived here today - the light weight is amazing!

We got an ESR case as a temporary option until Etsy starts having pretty ones; it feels like it doubles the weight of the iPad, which is mind boggling.

Reactions: Tybull

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
To me the speakers sound fantastic for a device so thin!
They sound like crap to me and are no where near as good as the 2018 model I’m coming from, it‘s very disappointing, and looks like I’ll be using my AirPods more often. This is definitely a case for not going so thin, sound quality always suffers when you make speakers smaller and smaller.

Reactions: klasma
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.