Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Webcat86

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2022
No one is showing the nano texture display. They talk about it but don't demonstrate or talk about their impressions in their hands as they make the videos, very wierd, even though it seems they all have 11 nano versions.

This concerns me - it would seem Apple is telling them they are not allowed to show it.
IJustine showed it

Reactions: KPOM

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
Nothing shocking on all these reviews. Ill be spending lots of money on an overpowered media consumption machine and i cant wait! - Sent from me outgoing M1 iPad Pro.
Same but I look forward to the OLED display, new pencil and keyboard.

do I need it? NO
do I want it? YES

That’s the difference for with my other Apple devices including the iPhone. I don’t look forward to it like I do with the iPad

Reactions: LibbyLA and sparksd

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
That settles it. Not worth the upgrade, even with the 2018 variant According to Dave

The thing that strikes me in this review is that he said the OLED screen isn't all that different. I think that almost seals the deal on the new iPad Air for me.

Reactions: 3Rock

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Unfortunately, I don't watch these reviews any longer. You get a first look, so there's that. Anyways, I just come here for the gist, as if I didn't know already. :D

Last edited:

AirpodsNow

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2017
Same but I look forward to the OLED display, new pencil and keyboard.

do I need it? NO
do I want it? YES

That’s the difference for with my other Apple devices including the iPhone. I don’t look forward to it like I do with the iPad
each Time I see a new pencil i think it’s great to use it in the way they show it, I buy it, and use it maybe ten times a year….. so gonna order the pencil pro

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
The thing that strikes me in this review is that he said the OLED screen isn't all that different. I think that almost seals the deal on the new iPad Air for me.
Can I give my 2 cents? The OLED display is in my opinion the biggest change to iPad since the very first one launched in 2010. I think it’s a massive upgrade.

Pastuh

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2021

I was surprised how close the audio quality on the Air was to the Pro. I cancelled my order for iPad Pro 13 m4. I may get an iPad Air this time. Waiting to see what they share at WWDC before I order again.

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015

I was surprised how close the audio quality on the Air was to the Pro. I cancelled my order for iPad Pro 13 m4. I may get an iPad Air this time. Waiting to see what they share at WWDC before I order again.
Lack of promotion makes the air a non factor for me. Make sure you are aware of that missing. Lots of people say they can’t see the difference but it’s very clear.

Reactions: Isengardtom

Carrotstick

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2024
The only major difference with OLED is contrast and that’s the thing most will notice for who come from 2018 iPads.

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019

As I feared, the audio in the new pro is clearly inferior to the M1/M2 (I am talking 12.9 only). It seems similar (or worse?) to the 2018/2020 pro. With miniled we got a thicker body and the sound is louder and fuller, with more bass. The difference is obvious if you have both. It seems that the M4 has similar audio to the 2024 air (which is only stereo and not quad). Probably because of the thinner body. One more reason to keep the 12.9 M1, as for me speakers are one of the most important thing.

profH

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2017
Pasadena, CA
I pretty much care about one thing - will I be able to hold this thing (13in) naked in my hand comfortably for an hour and a half while lecturing from notes on it? The answer for 2018 was almost but not quite, and the answer for M1 was not even close. If "no," there is really no reason for me to spend the extra insane cost above the new iPad Air 13.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
, as for me speakers are one of the most important thing.
May I ask what you use this for? I never use the speakers, that's why I'm curious. I know they (were) good though. Kinda obvious that the speakers would have less bass and volume, it being thinner. A trade off for sure.

Reactions: asleep
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.