Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dustinschings

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2011
Still want to know how to uninstall. If there is not a way, do you plan to make an uninstaller? I am not having issues right now, but I would like the option of removing the theme pack.

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
Well, I started making my own theme when bloc mirior contacted me, because we are both French, communicating was much simpler, and you're maybe correct in some ways but in no way I did that to get donations, like What?, I'm only 14y.o and that's just to pay the website , and for the "from skratch" I ment without stealing your guys recourses :), oh and look at the bottom of the installer or the website, I said it was from apple, and i just didn't took it from the os, for example I remade the progress bars :),
How could I realize that I forgot the about this mac if it was allready on my 2 10.5 computers I have...
I can show you messages mounts old saying I wanted the theme to be released before Christmas, so I maybe rushed, BUT it was old...
And WHAT would be the difference I publish it before or after too? I wasn't even asking myself this question...
Do you think I also did everything in 2days too x)
But nvm.., I just want you to calm down please :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sawpits

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
Still want to know how to uninstall. If there is not a way, do you plan to make an uninstaller? I am not having issues right now, but I would like the option of removing the theme pack.
I will make an uninstaller when I have time, shool started Tuesday for me so I will start working on it Probably on the weekend, or on my other free time :)
[doublepost=1483628948][/doublepost]
Nice, i will donate :) Thank you!
Thank you for helping me with this project! :)

Reactions: durika175

durika175

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2016
Košice, Slovakia
I done some modifications and Sierra Pack looks awesome :D I love my iBook :) Again, thanks :)

Attachments

• yay.png
    yay.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 548

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
But nvm.., I just want you to calm down please :)

No one is doubting your work put into this, but it doesn't change the fact that you've created a lot of resentment among folks who have been working on this sort of stuff for years-to the point where one washed his hands completely of the project-by putting this up and then asking for donations.

If you want to start rebuilding bridges, take the donation link down.

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
No one is doubting your work put into this, but it doesn't change the fact that you've created a lot of resentment among folks who have been working on this sort of stuff for years-to the point where one washed his hands completely of the project-by putting this up and then asking for donations.

If you want to start rebuilding bridges, take the donation link down.
The donations aren't for me, They are for the website and PPCStore, i will need to pay for them, hosting isn't free :/
I understand that, but thats just to keep the theme alive.
[doublepost=1483636161][/doublepost]I added credits at the top of the page :D, If you're not in their and you did something that helped me a lot, please tell me, I maybe forgot x)

SourceSunTom

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2016
France
Just the proof I tried to tell you I was doing something special if someone forgot ;) :
Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 23.14.22.png

That was in October.
And this is really what made me continue and make a theme by my own:
Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 23.00.43.png

I'm so sorry It couldn't come out sooner for you guys to not complain having spent time on doing the theme,

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
This theme looks nice, and I certainly know how much work must've went into it, myself and the PPC community thank you (and anyone else who was involved with this theme's creation). It's not for me though, because I don't turn on my PPC Macs just to look at the same UI I do on my Intel Macs.

I also have been working on a theme to bring some modernized Aqua UI elements to MacOS Sierra for the last few months, but its still got a while to go before it'll be something I can release. Theming an OS as complex as MacOS is very time-consuming work, not even including the time that was put into making tools like ShapeShifter, ThemePark or ThemeEngine.

Adamscomputerrepair

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2015
This theme looks nice, and I certainly know how much work must've went into it, myself and the PPC community thank you (and anyone else who was involved with this theme's creation). It's not for me though, because I don't turn on my PPC Macs just to look at the same UI I do on my Intel Macs.

I also have been working on a theme to bring some modernized Aqua UI elements to MacOS Sierra for the last few months, but its still got a while to go before it'll be something I can release. Theming an OS as complex as MacOS is very time-consuming work, not even including the time that was put into making tools like ShapeShifter, ThemePark or ThemeEngine.

Other than the traffic lights, what's the holdup? Use candy bar for the old icons, use cdock to get the dock back and use google images to get the wallpaper.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Other than the traffic lights, what's the holdup? Use candy bar for the old icons, use cdock to get the dock back and use google images to get the wallpaper.
I have themed a lot more UI elements than just the traffic lights, as has the OP. These include buttons, toolbar tabs, dropdown menus, checkboxes. If I were doing just the traffic lights I could have released months ago.
[doublepost=1483725896][/doublepost]If you like I can give you a peak at what I have themed so far. 100% new assets, nothing ripped from old Mac OS X. That's also a big reason it's taking so long.

donzubeck

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2015
Warren,Mi.USA
This looks really good. Fantastic job to everyone. I just had to change a few icons and my PM G5 looks brand new!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 498

WalnutSpice

Suspended
Jun 21, 2015
Canton, Oh
Installed the theme and I do love it, only gripe is Safari. I just think thats better left alone unless it can look a hella lot closer. Right now it just looks a tad awkward. Other than that, everyone did super great work with this pack
[doublepost=1483814003][/doublepost]My Screenshot

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 451

sylvioG5Quad

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi, thank you first for your update. I send a photo of my desk. My system runs without problems except for a small disturbance. See above. "About this mac" is an error that I did not get away. Also with new installation no success. What can I do there?
Bild 1.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.