Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sameer0924

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Yes, we both have 14 Pro Max.

But it’s not a hardware issue for me. I have the same issue on 3 phones on the current OS.
I had the same problem on 13 pro max with iOS 16. There was no problem with 13PM prior to iOS 16. For me at least, the problem was introduced with iOS 16 on both 13PM and 14PM.

antiga

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2020
I had the same problem on 13 pro max with iOS 16. There was no problem with 13PM prior to iOS 16. For me at least, the problem was introduced with iOS 16 on both 13PM and 14PM.
Yes it was introduced during the iOS 16 beta. I posted about it here first during the public build where it started happening. Beginning of September.

It’s an iOS 16 issue.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
I am really disappointed at Apple. The three iPhones 14 Pro max that I and my family have has got this same issue. It’s a generalized issue. And nothing has been said by Apple. iPhone 14 pro max doesn’t bring any big changes compared to 13PM. So we expect at least a better overall performance but it’s all defective and buggy alongside with iOS16. I am feeling like an idiot. This completely turned me off about Apple and I hope that I’ll stop being an imbecile.

Macrumors should at least post it as highlight.

Reactions: antiga

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
Ps: the iPhones were bought on different countries and continents (France, USA and China). It’s a generalized issue!

antiga

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2020
Not really generalized because 100% of iPhone 14 users don’t have this issue.
Yeah it’s not as wide spread as the last time but it’s significant. I can’t see any obvious difference in settings between mine and my wife’s phone but I can’t get it to happen on hers.

While it’s really bad on mine and really quick to reproduce.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Yeah it’s not as wide spread as the last time but it’s significant. I can’t see any obvious difference in settings between mine and my wife’s phone but I can’t get it to happen on hers.

While it’s really bad on mine and really quick to reproduce.
I agree it’s bizarre. I have Xs max and spouse has iPhone pm on 16.0.2. Both are fairly flawless. None of the MacRumors reported bugs.

Reactions: keyben85

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
My 13PM, that I exchanged to get the 14PM, it was perfect. Could your wife’s iPhone have less apps and RAM daily usage?

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
It’s clearly a software issue related to RAM management affecting predominantly Iphone 14P and 14PM with any iOS16 version. I’m really pissed off and I won’t leave Apple yet because of the ecosystem in which I’m imprisoned. But I am really very much indeed disappointed and frustrated.

Reactions: kevinswiss

antiga

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2020
It’s clearly a software issue related to RAM management affecting predominantly Iphone 14P and 14PM with any iOS16 version. I’m really pissed off and I won’t leave Apple yet because of the ecosystem in which I’m imprisoned. But I am really very much indeed disappointed and frustrated.
I also had it real bad at the end of the iOS 16 beta on the iPhone 13 PM.

Rodrigovmed

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2022
Why isn’t there any noise in the media about it yet? Can we do something? I have 3 iPhones 14 Pro Max with this issue. My old 13PM didn’t have it and I had the iOS 16.0.2 installed and later the beta2.

Some people seem not to care about this or say their iPhone is flawless and it runs like butter.

Macrumors can help us! Some YouTuber also can do it. I’ve already sent emails to Apple and reported the bug in several foruns and in the beta program. I don’t have access to famous YouTubers or people inside 9to5mac or macrumors. Can anyone do something about it?

Reactions: antiga

joesegh

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
After experiencing this with my iPhone X and 12 Pro on iOS 14 (all versions prior to 14.5, which fixed the problem), I am now experiencing this fun little bug with iOS 16 on my 13 Pro. Blast from the past!

It’s definitely a software issue, hopefully it gets some attention and fixed ASAP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.