Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
Actually it's still there, I still have a stutter, has been upgraded to iOS 14.7, When the phone screen to Horizontal screen, it would obviously pause before returning to the main screen.
That is a different issue than what this thread is about.

Xtracker

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
People still carrying on about this. ?

It was fixed ages ago, also not seeing stutter on iOS 15.
When this problem appeared, everyone cried ... if (apparently) they fixed this bug, now big surprise is only 2 patches ago .. not so long ago
Actually... he's not the only one of stutter many on reddit posts.
Youtube speed test comparasions users have that also..

But ..
We can all get it wrong here.
there are 2 types of stutters

first .. is one that has an animation crop of 30fps or worse.

and the other is the one that is smooth 60fps but just doesn't do the animation (someone recorded from this thread i think page 3-4).

Reactions: LFC2020

Xtracker

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
Get a replacement from apple, haven’t had any stutter on my 12 pro max since around 14.5.
Funny like from MY perspective ...now i have 12pm nothing wrong... but when i have non pro model i have 2 replacements its still here soo... i don't know ;) what issue is..

• Wow

zkap

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2019
Something ain’t right then, restore your phone from a backup or get a replacement, stutter issue was fixed a long time ago.

Restore your phone to new and see if the stuttering still happens.

iPhones have had stutters since the release of iOS 13 and they have not been fixed. This thread was started about a different kind of stutter, but I don't see why it is so difficult to understand that people will see the word stutter in the thread title and reference the stutter issue that has been present for the past two iOS releases.

Why is it that someone always feels the need to inform another user that their problem doesn't exist. If it were fixed, people wouldn't be talking about it.

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
iPhones have had stutters since the release of iOS 13 and they have not been fixed. This thread was started about a different kind of stutter, but I don't see why it is so difficult to understand that people will see the word stutter in the thread title and reference the stutter issue that has been present for the past two iOS releases.

Why is it that someone always feels the need to inform another user that their problem doesn't exist. If it were fixed, people wouldn't be talking about it.
I agree with you. If there were no such problem, we would not bring it up again.

Andi_Biggles

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2021
I started having this problem after updating my iPhone 12 to iOS 14.7.1.
Yesterday I talked to support. Made a video for them. They advised me to update my phone using a computer and recovery mode. Did not help.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
H
Yesterday I talked to support. Made a video for them. They advised me to update my phone using a computer and recovery mode. Did not help.
Haven’t had this problem since it got fixed on iOS 14.5, restore your phone as new and see if it’s still stuttering, if that doesn’t work I’d be getting a replacement, since the stuttering issue was fixed for most people a long time ago.

Currently running iOS 15 stutter free, sounds like you might have a hardware issue.

Andi_Biggles

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2021
H

Haven’t had this problem since it got fixed on iOS 14.5, restore your phone as new and see if it’s still stuttering, if that doesn’t work I’d be getting a replacement, since the stuttering issue was fixed for most people a long time ago.

Currently running iOS 15 stutter free, sounds like you might have a hardware issue.
Thanks. May be I'll restore my phone as new sometimes later. I think it will take half a day to install all apps and I don't have much spare time. I think it will be easier for me to wait for official iOS 15 release in September.

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
I went to APPLE STORE last two weeks, they helped me check and said it was not the hardware problem, but the software problem, but why? They don't know. I said it might be a hardware problem, and they said they could help me replace the iPhone 12 pro max baseboard, but the result was not necessarily solved, and it always happened when there was a chance. Finally, I gave up this practice.

Now Apple will not change another refurbished machine for you, but just change the baseboard. From my perspective, it is not necessarily the baseboard that has problems, but other hardware may have problems, which cannot be detected by their inspection. So now stuttering is still a mystery? I don't know if everyone has accepted or really solved? This problem still exists in my iPhone 12 pro max, which is the latest IOS 14.7.1.

From their point of view, they can't detect a hardware problem with the instrument, so they say it's a software problem. I don't know how true it is. And there are a lot of people here who are talking about software problems, not hardware problems, and to this day, some people have reported that stuttering has been solved.Some people did not express their opinions, so I do not know whether the result will solve the problem of stuttering.

These are my personal opinions. From the purchase to now, I have reported the feeling of using iPhone 12 pro max for your reference.

Reactions: Andi_Biggles

Xtracker

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
I went to APPLE STORE last two weeks, they helped me check and said it was not the hardware problem, but the software problem, but why? They don't know. I said it might be a hardware problem, and they said they could help me replace the iPhone 12 pro max baseboard, but the result was not necessarily solved, and it always happened when there was a chance. Finally, I gave up this practice.

Now Apple will not change another refurbished machine for you, but just change the baseboard. From my perspective, it is not necessarily the baseboard that has problems, but other hardware may have problems, which cannot be detected by their inspection. So now stuttering is still a mystery? I don't know if everyone has accepted or really solved? This problem still exists in my iPhone 12 pro max, which is the latest IOS 14.7.1.

From their point of view, they can't detect a hardware problem with the instrument, so they say it's a software problem. I don't know how true it is. And there are a lot of people here who are talking about software problems, not hardware problems, and to this day, some people have reported that stuttering has been solved.Some people did not express their opinions, so I do not know whether the result will solve the problem of stuttering.

These are my personal opinions. From the purchase to now, I have reported the feeling of using iPhone 12 pro max for your reference.
I jump up on your video i think you have different stutter than the others on video .. animation just stop . on my "old" 12pro has 20-30fps framerate when doing closing app animation.

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
I jump up on your video i think you have different stutter than the others on video .. animation just stop . on my "old" 12pro has 20-30fps framerate when doing closing app animation.
How can your old 12 pro solve this problem? Is this a hardware or software problem? Whether I go to replace the motherboard can be solved?

Andi_Biggles

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2021
I restored my phone again via iTunes and set it up as new. Obviously it didn't help. Not surprising. Someone mentioned a few pages ago that installing iOS in DFU doesn't help either, so I won't even try. I've already spent a lot of time on this bug.
I bought an iPhone in November 2020. During this time, I met various bugs on different versions of iOS. It's just one of the them. I'll wait for the next update. Don't want to sell my phone anyway. I don't have Apple store in my country, so I can't visit it and show this bug to Apple staff so they can help me.
Is this a hardware or software problem?
Good question. If this is a hardware, then why there was no stutter on my phone on previous iOS 14 (iOS 14.0 - iOS 14.7). If this is a software issue, then why there is no stutter on other iPhone 12 running iOS 14.7.1.

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
I restored my phone again via iTunes and set it up as new. Obviously it didn't help. Not surprising. Someone mentioned a few pages ago that installing iOS in DFU doesn't help either, so I won't even try. I've already spent a lot of time on this bug.
I bought an iPhone in November 2020. During this time, I met various bugs on different versions of iOS. It's just one of the them. I'll wait for the next update. Don't want to sell my phone anyway. I don't have Apple store in my country, so I can't visit it and show this bug to Apple staff so they can help me.

Good question. If this is a hardware, then why there was no stutter on my phone on previous iOS 14 (iOS 14.0 - iOS 14.7). If this is a software issue, then why there is no stutter on other iPhone 12 running iOS 14.7.1.
Ha ha..That's an interesting question. This is where we don't understand stuttering.

Xtracker

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
How can your old 12 pro solve this problem? Is this a hardware or software problem? Whether I go to replace the motherboard can be solved?
No i have 2 models replaced its same.
I Think that people don’t know/care about this.
I saw 15B5 changes speed animation.

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
I’m having this exact issue since ios 15 with a xs max

Video
Ha...My wife's phone XS MAX also appeared..That's why I know there should be no problem with my IPhone 12 PRO MAX. Maybe it's IOS software. I just upgraded IOS15 and my wife started stuttering on the XS MAX...I thought FXXK, IOS is getting worse and worse.

Andi_Biggles

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2021
I had this stutter on ios 14.8. And I don’t have it on ios 15.0 - 15.0.2. Now I know it can come back at any moment. That’s funny: I’ve updated my phone to ios 15 to get rid of this bug. And now I have brand new bugs (like broken carplay) and this old stutter can come back.

• Sad
Reactions: kenjoli

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
I had this stutter on ios 14.8. And I don’t have it on ios 15.0 - 15.0.2. Now I know it can come back at any moment. That’s funny: I’ve updated my phone to ios 15 to get rid of this bug. And now I have brand new bugs (like broken carplay) and this old stutter can come back.
That's why I say IOS is getting worse. IOS is getting worse every year...There are more problems every year....It's really disappointing

Reactions: Andi_Biggles
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.