Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mebehere

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2012
I have found that every Apple device I’ve ever owned (iPhones and iPads) is prone to stuttering no matter what I’m doing.

Frankly, they all do weird stuff all the time. I do a hard restart and hope for the best. Sometimes issues are fixed and sometimes not.

I know this post is of no help to you, but I do understand your frustration. Good luck to you (and to me, for that matter).

Reactions: kenjoli

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
I have found that every Apple device I’ve ever owned (iPhones and iPads) is prone to stuttering no matter what I’m doing.

Frankly, they all do weird stuff all the time. I do a hard restart and hope for the best. Sometimes issues are fixed and sometimes not.

I know this post is of no help to you, but I do understand your frustration. Good luck to you (and to me, for that matter).
In fact, I see this problem as well. There are a lot of minor bugs in all Apple products OS systems these days, but many people don't see them or don't want to notice them. Compared with before, really feel bad a lot. I feel like their technology, their problem solving, is coming to an end.

anonymous888

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2018
India
In fact, I see this problem as well. There are a lot of minor bugs in all Apple products OS systems these days, but many people don't see them or don't want to notice them. Compared with before, really feel bad a lot. I feel like their technology, their problem solving, is coming to an end.
The home swipe stutter has been there for 6-7 months.

There is also another bug where if you have a lot of notifications on Lock Screen and then you clear a few. The Lock Screen notifications seem to shift down a spot occasionally. They you have to slightly swipe up to put them in place. This bug has been there since 2-3 years. LOL.
It is very hard to put it in words but it annoys me a lot.

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
The home swipe stutter has been there for 6-7 months.

There is also another bug where if you have a lot of notifications on Lock Screen and then you clear a few. The Lock Screen notifications seem to shift down a spot occasionally. They you have to slightly swipe up to put them in place. This bug has been there since 2-3 years. LOL.
It is very hard to put it in words but it annoys me a lot.
The conclusion is that Apple has come to an end.

Xtracker

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
IOS 15 beta is here if anyone can download a beta profile and test it ? (if you have this problem ofc in previous IOS 14).

Werq

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2021
Is there somebody like me where the stutter when closing apps did NOT disappear and has installed iOS 15 beta? Is it gone?

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
Is there somebody like me where the stutter when closing apps did NOT disappear and has installed iOS 15 beta? Is it gone?
To be honest, my personal feeling is that there is still a stuttering problem, but it is not as obvious as before. My current IOS system is 14.6. I found out he had a stutter two days ago, but it was only a moment. When I try to open the APP and close the APP again, it's gone. Now there are more opportunities to close the APP, it appear a multi-task bar. So Sad. I have replaced the screen protector. Use different gesture swipes to close the APP. The situation has not changed.

Xtracker

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2021
An update 12pro in ios 15 dev beta have slightly stutter but very minimal so for those who have still might be good sign.
Another thing is... i see the "demo iphones" on the local store and... they have same stutter problem 12pro 12 and mini have that they are on Ios 14.6.

anonymous888

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2018
India
I sold my iPhone 11 and bought iPhone 12 due to the stuttering.
The stuttering is 80-90 percent less severe than iPhone 11.
Is there some kind of silicon lottery going on?
Or Apple is again messing with older devices.

My iPhone 12 is on 14.3 and is jailbroken.
iPhone 11 was on 14.6 and was only 6 months old.

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
An update 12pro in ios 15 dev beta have slightly stutter but very minimal so for those who have still might be good sign.
Another thing is... i see the "demo iphones" on the local store and... they have same stutter problem 12pro 12 and mini have that they are on Ios 14.6.
I personally feel that the problem of stuttering has not been solved

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
I sold my iPhone 11 and bought iPhone 12 due to the stuttering.
The stuttering is 80-90 percent less severe than iPhone 11.
Is there some kind of silicon lottery going on?
Or Apple is again messing with older devices.

My iPhone 12 is on 14.3 and is jailbroken.
iPhone 11 was on 14.6 and was only 6 months old.
If it is software, why can't it be solved? If it is hardware, this batch of parts happened in several generations of mobile phones. It's really confusing.

zkap

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2019
The stutter for me was more or less gone on 14.5.1., now on 14.6. it's as bad as it's ever been. Great going, Apple.
The discouraging thing is that they make an update that seems to improve the issue and then they go right back to making it worse in the next update. It just shows how poorly Apple performs when it comes to iOS, and it's been like this for two years. Really subpar for devices of this price-range.

I'll keep track of people's experiences with iOS15 because I'm going to have to decide what is likely to be worse - updating to 15 or staying on 14. The plan for now is to update iOS14 all the way because I think and hope that the last iteration will be the most polished, even though it's ridiculous to use the word polished in relation to iOS. Then I'll have to see from reading this forum if iOS15 is a better release, but I don't expect anything.

The moment I see an iOS version that I consider good and smooth enough, I'm done updating. I've had enough of this BS. I decided not to update my Intel Macbook Air past Catalina, I only download security updates. The same will now happen on the iPhone and iPad, since Apple will allow security updates without updating to a newer iteration of iOS.

kenjoli

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2021
People still carrying on about this. ?

It was fixed ages ago, also not seeing stutter on iOS 15.
Actually it's still there, I still have a stutter, has been upgraded to iOS 14.7, When the phone screen to Horizontal screen, it would obviously pause before returning to the main screen.

LFC2020

macrumors P6
Apr 4, 2020
Actually it's still there, I still have a stutter, has been upgraded to iOS 14.7, When the phone screen to Horizontal screen, it would obviously pause before returning to the main screen.
Something ain’t right then, restore your phone from a backup or get a replacement, stutter issue was fixed a long time ago.

Restore your phone to new and see if the stuttering still happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.