Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barbareren

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
Norway & Mexico
Where are you guys? Seems to be a big shortage of Plus owners on these forums…

Give me a shoutout if you’re an iPhone 15 Plus owner 👍 And please write some words of how you’re liking it so far. I love mine :)

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I went from iPhone 12 Pro Max to 15 Plus in „Blue“ and I don’t miss the 3rd camera at all. Zoom could be a little better but I only ever attempt to use it at concerts and for that, any iPhone is still pretty crap haha. I like how much lighter it feels and I actually prefer the alu frame, doesn’t feel cheap at all and does not leave finger prints! Battery life is much better too!

Actually using it caseless and only with a „armored“ protector on both sides.

tops2

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2014
I went from the XR to the 15 Plus and love it. I previously had the 6 Plus. I debated between the Pro (not Pro Max) vs Plus quite a bit. After my wife got her 15 Pro and I kept looking at the screensize, the 15 Pro felt too similar in size to my XR and it's not as big of an "upgrade" for me... In the end, I wanted a larger phone and didn't care about the extra pro features. I actually ended up ordering the 15 Pro (and immediately felt buyer's remorse), just to cancel the next day and ordered the 15 Plus. No regrets at all!

I'm loving the larger screen and the battery life. Especially getting older and older, my eyes appreciate the extra screensize, especially when I enlarge text! I can play Pokémon Go for a while with the family without the battery dropping like crazy. It feels so different than my XR so it feels like a huge upgrade. The weight from the XR to 15 Plus isn't too noticeable. In the end, the 15 Plus is a perfect match for my preferences.

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
My husband and I both upgraded from 13 to 15 Plus. Love the bigger screen. Now when I do something on the 13 (handed down to our kids) the phone feel so small.

I read ebooks pretty much exclusively and love that I could increase font size without it being 1 sentence per page.

Thor_9

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2023
I went from a Pro to a 15 plus. I wanted to try the bigger screen. I didn’t want to invest in a pro max if I didn’t like the screen size.

So far I really like it. Bigger screen and battery life are great. I might move to a pro max next year if Apple works the bugs out of the pro max. And also the phone was a little over $300 before taxes with Apple military discount and trade in.

Reactions: Ralfi

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023

Give me a shoutout if you’re an iPhone 15 Plus owner 👍 And please write some words of how you’re liking it so far. I love mine :)
I have seen 15 plus owners’ conversation in this thread. So, you are not the only one. 😊 I believe it is a great phone to own if any iPhone pro features are not needed.

mbp17forever

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2021
Went from iPhone 12 Pro Max to a fabulous total black 15 plus. Best decision ever. Longest battery time ever, light and slim. black colour brings back iPhone 5 vibes. Aluminum sides feel great too.

LongBall14

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2023
I am coming from a 13 PM to a 15 Plus. I am enjoying it so far and don’t miss the the pro features much at all. I love how light it is. The matte aluminum texture is aesthetically nice and the hold is better than the 13 PM. Phenomenal phone so far!

DaPizzaMan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2016
Upgrading my iPhone 11 Pro to an iPhone 15 Plus that is on its way today. I'm excited to see how much more battery life I get out of a Plus-sized phone!

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Not a 15 Plus owner, but my wife is. She went from a 14 Pro to the 15 Plus. She is loving the bigger screen, battery and keyboard (though I think she loves the pink color the most). It’s her first plus/max/whatever you want to call it phone. But she usually carries her phone in her purse or has the phone in her center console in her car.

satchmo

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2008
Canada
Is this 15 Plus gaining any traction? I recall the 14 Plus was not very popular.

With the great battery times in the 15 Plus, I would think it would be a popular choice.

However I wonder if the two most popular models are the most expensive and the least expensive.
So it's go all-in with the 15 Pro Max or go cheap with a base iPhone 15.

Reactions: Tsepz

Dsmith7

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2021
I have a 15 plus. Battery life is amazing and camera is great. I don't need the pro features so didn't need the pro max. Love the weight difference also. Couldn't be happier

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
Is this 15 Plus gaining any traction? I recall the 14 Plus was not very popular.
I got a 15 Plus for my Mother-in-Law and she loves it. A lot of the reviews I've seen is that while the 14 Plus (and 14) were not very popular as reviewers across-the-board said this was basically the same as the base 13 (same chip, same notch, almost nothing new), the 15 and 15 Plus have been very well reviewed. Dynamic Island, new aluminum body and more premium feel, same chip as last year's 14 Pro...

Unless you really value the 3x/5x Telephoto Zoom lens, or the 120Hz ProMotion screen, the 15/15 Plus is a great easily recommendable "value" phone this generation!

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I went from a Pro to a 15 plus. I wanted to try the bigger screen. I didn’t want to invest in a pro max if I didn’t like the screen size.

So far I really like it. Bigger screen and battery life are great. I might move to a pro max next year if Apple works the bugs out of the pro max. And also the phone was a little over $300 before taxes with Apple military discount and trade in.
There's nothing to work out with the 15 ProMax. iOS17 has been the problem. The 15 ProMax is a better phone in every respect when compared to the 15 plus and it outsells the 15+ by a large margin.

Reactions: landonalder

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
My husband and I both upgraded from 13 to 15 Plus. Love the bigger screen. Now when I do something on the 13 (handed down to our kids) the phone feel so small.

I read ebooks pretty much exclusively and love that I could increase font size without it being 1 sentence per page.
I’m in this position - have a 13 & am deciding between the 15 & 15 Plus.

Having never gone a 6.7” iPhone I was most worried about the pocket-ability, weight & one handed use.

Weight is a non-issue now that I’ve held an untethered Pro Max in the hand (I HATE how stores have those security locks/chains - makes it so hard to compare 6.1 to 6.7 models).

One handed use & pocket-ability are my main concerns.

Are they annoying for you??

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017

With the great battery times in the 15 Plus, I would think it would be a popular choice.

However I wonder if the two most popular models are the most expensive and the least expensive.

The 15 Pro series, both sizes, will be the popular model until next September. People vote with their wallet and there are a lot of casual consumers willing to spend on the latest and greatest by Apple.

To me, the 15/15 Plus are the most value-for-money iPhone over the Pro lineup. It’s the best iPhone for me.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015

Am very happy with my new iPhone 15Pro. the new USB-C is a great step forward in the charging system, battery life is really good also the new three lens camera is much better then my old iPhone 11 Pro.
The screen is bright and clear and the phones build quality is super good, Apples phone software it's already been upgraded twice to 17.1.2 so i feel Apple is staying right on top of their phones.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
The 15 Plus is just a killer phone. Best all-around, carryable phone Apple has released in years. I also have the 15 PM because I review tech, but I will not carry that thing. It's too heavy. Much prefer the Plus model, and I really don't miss any of the "pro" features. 15 Plus is my daily driver.

I don't understand the attraction of stainless steel (14 pro) or titantium (15 pro) vs. aluminum. Who cares? The better material is the lighter material when it comes to phones, and neither steel nor titanium is it.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017

The sales mix looks something like this according to CIRP in November 2023.

8818d1fe-db47-418a-a993-2ee2987eb78d_1128x827.png

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa

I get the feeling it is indeed still this way.
#1: 15
#2: 15 Pro Max

The Plus model is much more “niche”, as most people who want a big iPhone want all the features. The people who buy the Plus may mostly be more “particular shoppers” who know about the difference between Pro and Plus, they simply want a big screen but feel they don’t need Pro features.

Reactions: JLOAKS

Jay Tee

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2023
I'm still waiting for a deal on this phone. I buy mine outright, rather than do carrier deals.

What are the people here paying for the 15 Plus 128GB ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.