Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Christopher Kim

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2016
I'm still waiting for a deal on this phone. I buy mine outright, rather than do carrier deals.

What are the people here paying for the 15 Plus 128GB ?
Unfortunately, there were virtually no deals during BF/CM (and I would expect going into Christmas holiday season) on the whole iPhone 15 generation. Apple didn't include any of the latest iPhones in their BFCM deals, and basically Amazon and other online retailers that have great discounts for Watch/Macbooks/iPads don't for iPhone.

As you put it, the only ones who gave some discounts were carriers, and all of their deals to get a discounted phone (with a trade-in) is a bit of a game where you have to 1) upgrade to their newer / more expensive wireless plans, and 2) the discount is usually in monthly credits spread over 2 years.

The only place I saw some deals on the iPhone 15 generation was on the Chase Ultimate Rewards site (for Chase credit card users). They have a dedicated Apple section of their online store, and it's usually 1:1 points (eg. 10k points = $100). On rare occasions (and usually during the month of Nov), they give a 25% bump when using points. So 10k points = $125. I took that opportunity to buy my MIL the 128gb iPhone 15 Plus I mentioned in an earlier post, which was $929 (yes they do have a slight $30 premium over the official Apple Store price of $899), for 81,380 points (after-tax). Thought it made sense and pulled the trigger, but was the only place I saw the iPhone 15s on any sort of "sale" during this holiday season.

Reactions: Jay Tee

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I took that opportunity to buy my MIL the 128gb iPhone 15 Plus I mentioned in an earlier post, which was $929 (yes they do have a slight $30 premium over the official Apple Store price of $899), for 81,380 points (after-tax).

$929 is the normal SIM-free price. $899 is with carrier activation. It's not really cheaper since you just end up paying the extra $30 on your wireless bill.

P.S. It's annoying that the SIM-free model doesn't have a pSIM. I'm considering getting the 15+ but I might just buy overseas so it has a pSIM slot.

Reactions: Christopher Kim

Jay Tee

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2023
Just received mine.

I think it's making my eyes hurt: they feel like they're throbbing.
Will it be better after some time; I can't stand looking at it for more than 5 minutes ?

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Just received mine.

I think it's making my eyes hurt: they feel like they're throbbing.
Will it be better after some time; I can't stand looking at it for more than 5 minutes ?

Sounds like you’re sensitive to the flicker. What was your previous iphone?

Cunndies

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
Haven’t posted on here in ages but I picked up a 15 Plus yesterday and love it. I had a 14 Pro and while I realise it’s the same chip, only a 60Hz display etc I wanted to try the bigger size without spending a ton on a Pro Max.

I can notice the difference in 60Hz vs 120Hz but it really doesn’t bother me and my eyes seem to have stopped really noticing it pretty quickly. 120Hz is nice but not a dealbreaker for me. Everything else feels pretty good and I don’t do anything really intensive so I’m not sure I’ll notice the difference in chips between the 15 and the Pro, given that the 14 Pro was really fast as it was.

I think what surprises me most is the difference in how it feels. I’ve not got a case yet (I’ve got a Mous super thin case arriving today as I’m still a bit nervous about using it without one, despite now having AC+), but the more rounded edges feel fantastic, and the weight feels just about right. The matte back and sides are also great, and much much nicer than the glossy backs of the 12 and 13 (that I had before the 14 Pro).

Really pleased so far. I have pretty big hands so the big size actually feels pretty good. The last big phone I had was a 7+, and I’ve had regular sized ones since then but this has been a very positive change.

Reactions: Barbareren

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I have pretty big hands so the big size actually feels pretty good.
Weird request, but I’d like to get an idea of what ‘big hands’ are in measurement.

Mine are 19cm (7.48”) from wrist (centre of first wrinkle below the palm) to tip of middle finger. & 14cm (5.5”) from wrist to outstretched thumb.

I think the 6.7” iPhones are manageable & I’m able to manipulate my fingers/wrist to make one-hand use possible in most situations. But I’m yet to commit (only tested them in store).

Reactions: Cunndies

Cunndies

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
I’d never measured them up until now, I’ve just had it commented on before! I just measured and my are around 21cm and 16cm for the same measurements. Also if I spread them out there is about 22cm between the tip of my thumb and the tip of my little finger.

• Love
Reactions: Ralfi

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I’d never measured them up until now, I’ve just had it commented on before! I just measured and my are around 21cm and 16cm for the same measurements. Also if I spread them out there is about 22cm between the tip of my thumb and the tip of my little finger.
That’s interesting!

You have longer distance to middle & thumb, but my distance between outstretched thumb & little finger is 23.5cm! This could be why I’m able to manipulate my grip to accommodate the 6.7” iPhones (at first impressions anyway)….i‘m not sure how I’d go holding it for long periods of time - hand cramps may kick in…hence why I’m leaning toward the 6.1” iPhone…it’s just so comfy & easy to take out of all my pockets.

Reactions: Cunndies

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
I have the 15 Plus and the 15 Pro Max here and keep going back and forth between them. I’m trying to like the Max and in some ways I do, but the Plus just feels better to hold, and that’s really what matters at the end of the day: which phone do I want to pick up?

A friend has the 15 Max and the other day I saw her shaking her wrist from fatigue. Her Max was straining her wrist. I gave her my Plus to hold and she immediately preferred holding it.

So there you go. Weight matters. Heft matters (the Max is thicker and it’s noticeable). The Plus wins on both accounts. It’s the better phone for comfortable use with a larger screen.

Apple obviously has heard the complaints about weight and they tried to improve things with the titanium but didn’t go far enough. I don’t know what the knock against aluminum is, but it’s the better metal from a weight standpoint, and that’s what matters for a device that you carry around all the time.

The “pros” offered by the Max are easy to give up for most people. Unless you really know you need fast USB-C or shooting video in log or 120 hz refresh, go with the Plus and know that you have this year’s smartest iPhone for those that want a great device that sacrifices little and does not weigh them down or wish they were using a lighter device.

Last edited:

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I have the 15 Plus and the 15 Pro Max here and keep going back and forth between them. I’m trying to like the Max and in some ways I do, but the Plus just feels better to hold, and that’s really what matters at the end of the day: which phone do I want to pick up?

A friend has the 15 Max and the other day I saw her shaking her wrist from fatigue. Her Max was straining her wrist. I gave her my Plus to hold and she immediately preferred holding it.

So there you go. Weight matters. Heft matters (the Max is thicker and it’s noticeable). The Plus wins on both accounts. It’s the better phone for comfortable use with a larger screen.

Apple obviously has heard the complaints about weight and they tried to improve things with the titanium but didn’t go far enough. I don’t know what the knock against aluminum is, but it’s the better metal from a weight standpoint, and that’s what matters for a device that you carry around all the time.

The “pros” offered by the Max are easy to give up for most people. Unless you really know you need fast USB-C or shooting video in log or 120 hz refresh, go with the Plus and know that you have this year’s smartest iPhone for those that want a great device that sacrifices little and does not weigh them down or wish they were using a lighter device.
You are so right.. I had the max and would never want to pick it up... lol.. and it weighs the pockets down! Everyone I know with the 15PM drops it, breaks the camera, rinse and repeat..

Reactions: Jay Tee

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
You are so right.. I had the max and would never want to pick it up... lol.. and it weighs the pockets down! Everyone I know with the 15PM drops it, breaks the camera, rinse and repeat..

everyone you know? seems pretty unlikely

have u dropped yours and broken the camera yet?`

Bacong

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2009
Westland, Michigan
i'm trolling? sorry for being curious, how many people do you know with a 15 pro max?

if i know one or two people who drive a honda civic and they both get in accidents i'm not gonna tell people it's an unsafe car

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
I’ve just *downgraded* from a 15 Pro to the 15 Plus. The battery life on the Pro wasn’t good enough for my needs and I miss having a larger screen.

The 15 Plus doesn’t break the bank, has the biggest screen and lightest weight (feels great in hand) of the current 6.7” line up & should easily last the day on one charge without any worry.

Just setting it up now, love the matte black colour too!

Attachments

• IMG_6072.jpeg
    IMG_6072.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6065.jpeg
    IMG_6065.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 30

Jay Tee

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2023
Where are you guys? Seems to be a big shortage of Plus owners on these forums…

Give me a shoutout if you’re an iPhone 15 Plus owner 👍 And please write some words of how you’re liking it so far. I love mine :)
I bought two units for my family, but I‘m still on the 11.

It's a solid iPhone and should last five years, easily. With the 80% limit charging, the battery's capacity remain at 100% with over 40 charge cycles. Speakers are clear and plenty loud when you need it to be. I do wish more vendors do something with Dynamic Island, though.

My request to Apple is to keep one iPhone that accommodate those of us with problems using OLED.

Last edited:
Reactions: James6s

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I’ve just *downgraded* from a 15 Pro to the 15 Plus. The battery life on the Pro wasn’t good enough for my needs and I miss having a larger screen.

The 15 Plus doesn’t break the bank, has the biggest screen and lightest weight (feels great in hand) of the current 6.7” line up & should easily last the day on one charge without any worry.

Just setting it up now, love the matte black colour too!

I’m glad you found a phone you like. I was on the 15 until a month ago when I changed to a 15 Pro. I feel like the battery life is very subpar too and considering to ‘downgrade’ back to my old 15.

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
I’m glad you found a phone you like. I was on the 15 until a month ago when I changed to a 15 Pro. I feel like the battery life is very subpar too and considering to ‘downgrade’ back to my old 15.

You think even the regular 15 has better battery than the 15 Pro? Interesting.

So far so good with the 15 Plus, it’s pretty huge lol the battery is night & day difference as I expected. Speed & app opening times on par with the 15 Pro. I don’t play any intensive games etc where I’m sure the A17 would pull ahead.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
Traded my old iPhone 11 in on the new 15 Pro. it has much better battery and a much better charging port with the UPS-C over the worthless port failing lighting system.

A much better three lens camera system a much better bright screen a much faster processor with much better on board software.

If there is a downside it's the higher pricing even with the trade in it's still a hunk of money for a phone.

Last edited:

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
The only time that the 6.1" non-Pro and Pro models have the same battery capacity was iPhone 12 and 12 Pro... Since iPhone 13, the non-Pro has bigger battery capacity compared to the same size Pro counterpart...

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I feel its all trade offs, battery better on 15 plus, but performance defiantly is not compared to Pro.. having both

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.