Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
I feel its all trade offs, battery better on 15 plus, but performance defiantly is not compared to Pro.. having both

I’ve just come from a 15 Pro to a 15 Plus and the only noticeable performance difference is the 60hz vs 120hz for smoothness. Speed like opening apps etc is pretty much the same with barely anything in it. Battery life is way better as you’d expect.

Both are running iOS 17.5 beta 2.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I’ve just come from a 15 Pro to a 15 Plus and the only noticeable performance difference is the 60hz vs 120hz for smoothness. Speed like opening apps etc is pretty much the same with barely anything in it. Battery life is way better as you’d expect.

Both are running iOS 17.5 beta 2.
Yeah, the battery on the pro is honestly pretty bad. What made you not go with the mats the weight?

Reactions: mac38728

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Yeah, the battery on the pro is honestly pretty bad. What made you not go with the mats the weight?

Weight was definitely a factor. I know the weight has been trimmed down on the 15 Pro series vs the 14 Pro series, but the 15 Plus is only 200g and doesn’t feel that much heavier than the 15 Pro I have been using.

Battery life was also another big factor in my decision. The 15 Pro is an amazing device but I don’t want to be worrying about the battery getting low and charging multiple times a day. For lighter users it’s probably fine.

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
iPhone 11 to 15 Pro - nice upgrade! You’ve deffo seen some big improvements 😃
Yes i have loved the old 11 but the new 15 Pro is a big improvement, just getting rid of the always failing lighting charging female port, and getting the new USB-C port gave my mind a needed rest.

If it was not that i feel Apple makes the most solid built phone and provided the best support, would like to have my own choice of memory cards not be forced to buy the size memory, and be able to just copy from the memory card direct to computer of other item i would buy some other phone.

Anyway i will stick with Apples phones until there is a really better choice.

Reactions: James6s

digitalcuriosity

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2015
Weight was definitely a factor. I know the weight has been trimmed down on the 15 Pro series vs the 14 Pro series, but the 15 Plus is only 200g and doesn’t feel that much heavier than the 15 Pro I have been using.

Battery life was also another big factor in my decision. The 15 Pro is an amazing device but I don’t want to be worrying about the battery getting low and charging multiple times a day. For lighter users it’s probably fine.
I guess it's depends to how the 15 Pro is being used, i went to 80% charging and in 24 hours am down around 10%, i do use WiFi not a game playing person screen not always on also not a big phone calling all day person take some pictures and videos so i never worry about the battery.

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I feel its all trade offs, battery better on 15 plus, but performance defiantly is not compared to Pro.. having both

For sure. Safari doesn’t refresh my tabs whenever I take photos with my 15 Pro (even RAW photos) compared to my 15. But I’m starting to think I value battery life more than raw performance of the 15 Pro.

mac38728

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2024
USA
For sure. Safari doesn’t refresh my tabs whenever I take photos with my 15 Pro (even RAW photos) compared to my 15. But I’m starting to think I value battery life more than raw performance of the 15 Pro.
Got a 15 plus and don’t have the safari tabs refreshing problem you have. Battery life is significantly better, heavy day usage and when I fall asleep it’ll be 30 percent ish battery.

Reactions: Al Rukh

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I am just having a hard time justifying the 256 version price difference of the plus to the max (only 200)

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Zero regrets after a week with the 15 Plus. Great device! Big beautiful screen, battery life is amazing, performance is superb and the cameras are impressive 👌🏻

Reactions: kp98077

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015
15 Plus is my main squeeze. Weight and battery life. Also have 15 and 15 Pro Max. All have tradeoffs that make them secondary to 15 Plus, IMO.

The regular 15 is a compelling device, btw. Best of all the phones in the hand. And an important side effect of having a smaller screen is that you’re not tempted to stare at the phone all the time. I’m very tempted to make it my main phone.

Last edited:

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Zero regrets after a week with the 15 Plus. Great device! Big beautiful screen, battery life is amazing, performance is superb and the cameras are impressive 👌🏻

So I’ve gone back to my 15 Pro.

The plus is a great device and underrated but there’s times when I have to use my phone one handed which is impossible with the 15 Plus, miss the macro photography & 3x portraits. Love & wanted back the portability of the compact powerhouse Pro.

Just gonna have to get over the weaker battery as a trade off.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
So I’ve gone back to my 15 Pro.

The plus is a great device and underrated but there’s times when I have to use my phone one handed which is impossible with the 15 Plus, miss the macro photography & 3x portraits. Love & wanted back the portability of the compact powerhouse Pro.

Just gonna have to get over the weaker battery as a trade off.
Seems the rumoured slightly larger sized Pro this (or was it next) year will make you (& many others) happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.