Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
We're on the same page.

I do understand that 1Password abandoned some people. Some feel that they were dishonest in some way when that happened. I would need to study it quite a bit to draw a conclusion about that either way. But, a company has the right to change their business model.

If one were to spend time on their forums they would experience a first-class company that cares about its product and users. It does rile me up a bit that someone would call them evil.

And, yeah, companies have every right to charge for their work. I do.

That's the funny thing; they were already charging for their work. Every download of their application was either free for a trial period, or was an actual purchase. Changing that to a subscription model isn't what some people are upset at; the abandonment of those people who had purchased their application for focusing only on those who purchase a subscription is what they are upset at. Even if they didn't offer any support for those applications, still being given the ability to purchase that application would have helped to save that part of their user base.

Additionally, We get that they could change their business model. Initially, one of their slogans was "not only are we Mac exclusive, we're Mac ONLY." 1Password used to only be for MacOS and iPhone, and required Tiger at the earliest. They wanted a broader base, so they brought in Windows, Linux, and Android. Fine, no problem. But taking away functionality for the sake of their business model is the issue, and that is what has caused a lot of people to migrate away from 1Password. It could easily be said that one won't hear about any problems or issues people have with the company or their business model on their site or their forums, because a company doesn't want to deal with that cutting into the image they have to hold on their forums.

But what they did was wrong. Does that make them evil? no, but they do deserve the ire they have received due to their changing of their business model, which they themselves stated that would not change. Keep in mind that they were the ones that put the narrative out that they would not change any part of their model or functionality in their application, and yet they did. That is on them, and as such, are deserving of any flack headed their way because of that backtrack.

BL.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008

in your previous post you mentioned that Agilebits customers has risen to 15 Million, at $3 a month rent that will be $540 million a year. I also calculated if the 15 million customers bought the license at similar price of Strongbox and Enpass in the range of $80-$100 which is what I believe they used to sell their app for.

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
That's the funny thing; they were already charging for their work. Every download of their application was either free for a trial period, or was an actual purchase. Changing that to a subscription model isn't what some people are upset at; the abandonment of those people who had purchased their application for focusing only on those who purchase a subscription is what they are upset at. Even if they didn't offer any support for those applications, still being given the ability to purchase that application would have helped to save that part of their user base.

Additionally, We get that they could change their business model. Initially, one of their slogans was "not only are we Mac exclusive, we're Mac ONLY." 1Password used to only be for MacOS and iPhone, and required Tiger at the earliest. They wanted a broader base, so they brought in Windows, Linux, and Android. Fine, no problem. But taking away functionality for the sake of their business model is the issue, and that is what has caused a lot of people to migrate away from 1Password. It could easily be said that one won't hear about any problems or issues people have with the company or their business model on their site or their forums, because a company doesn't want to deal with that cutting into the image they have to hold on their forums.

But what they did was wrong. Does that make them evil? no, but they do deserve the ire they have received due to their changing of their business model, which they themselves stated that would not change. Keep in mind that they were the ones that put the narrative out that they would not change any part of their model or functionality in their application, and yet they did. That is on them, and as such, are deserving of any flack headed their way because of that backtrack.

BL.

You say they did something wrong. Could you concisely state what that was? I'm reading in your post about things that upset people (e.g. feeling abandoned). Is it that you feel they were obliged to forever support a prior version of the application or continue to make it available? In my world, that would be a strange position to have.

By the way, I've read a lot on their forums about the move to subscriptions. People's opinions and outrage were not silenced. "It could easily be said", but that would be a lie if it were. Glad you didn't say it.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
If a person wants to make something and give it away, great. I own a company. I make things and I sell them… why should I give it away? I worked on the design, got the product made, and I sell it.

You can sell, I am willing to buy at $100 price point but to force $3 monthly rent forever to keep it sustainable because its some high end tech that nobody has is gaslighting just as much their gaslighting saying their customers prefered cloud storage and subscription over license.

Keepass and Veryacrypt aren’t the most user friendly programs. Stongbox is good. When I was trying them, I was looking for other password managers that used Keepass and sadly a lot from downloads were either not updated for years or simply didn’t work. Free is great, but useless if you can’t get it to work for your needs.
To get one to work on my work computer was such a pain. I can’t download programs so I needed something like an extension. I found one, but it wasn’t user friendly at all.

You are right but there are free user friendly option like ProtonPass and Bitwarden to name a couple.
KeepassXC latest release is last month

Again, 1Password works great in this situation for me by adding a guest account to my work computer.

If you have specific exact features, yeah you will have to pay for the specific password manager that does that. From my understanding most people will be ok store+autofill+encryption.

So let’s me get this straight… you’re comparing a company who change they way they make money to ones that are the most “hated” company in the world (I use them) and one that was busted for laundering? Yup, all 3 are the same 🙄. The point of using the word evil for everything, it loses its meaning.

Its not as bad as those companies, but when a company uses twisted ethics to increase their profits over the customer's benefit I choose not to do business with them. They obviously do not have my best of interest and I refuse to be milked. I rather give it to Enpass that still sells license and still gives me option to store locally or Bitwarden that is giving it for free to everyone and is FOSS so it can be forked just in case.

Reactions: rmadsen3

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
Isn't that version 7 on the Mac App Store?
its the ios app. The Mac App Store indeed has version 7 that got latest update 8 months ago , I think its deprecated.

This is the review for the Safari extension:
1713982453857.jpeg

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
How on earth do you know what other people are looking for? Certainly I'm looking for more than that.
As I said before, me and you might have specific needs, but most people out there are looking store+autofill+security. I believe there were a couple in this discussion who mentioned that Apple Keychain is all that they needed. If you need more there is free ProtonPass, KeePassCX, Bitwarden.

1Password's feature set is extensive. https://1password.com/product/features.

If you need to "Authenticate CLIs with biometrics" or "Inject secrets into CI/CD pipelines" by all means pay for 1password. I do not know how many other password managers has that feature.

If you don't care about features, then don't buy them.

Exactly

But solving those limitations is not something you want or are willing to pay for.

I do. I already paid Agilebits like $130 for 2 licenses, $80 or so for Enpass, and I am on the premium Bitwarden subscription at $10/year.

But, a company has the right to change their business model.

They do and We have the right to change the business vendor when we do not like the product or the price.

Reactions: rmadsen3

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
As I said before, me and you might have specific needs, but most people out there are looking store+autofill+security.

You're just making stuff up.

If you need to "Authenticate CLIs with biometrics" or "Inject secrets into CI/CD pipelines" by all means pay for 1password. I do not know how many other password managers has that feature.

You're just focusing on the couple of features that are hard for you to understand to try to make the point that people don't care about all the features they offer.

Some other points of your post seem reasonable; you spend money on password programs and you don't buy what you don't want. Much better than calling 1Password evil and their ethics twisted.

gregmac19

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2016
You say they did something wrong. Could you concisely state what that was?
I am flabbergasted you asked this question given Brad stated: “But what they did was wrong. Does that make them evil? no, but they do deserve the ire they have received due to their changing of their business model, which they themselves stated that would not change. Keep in mind that they were the ones that put the narrative out that they would not change any part of their model or functionality in their application, and yet they did.”

It seems to me you either have to argue that:

a) 1Password didn’t do what Brad stated.

or

b) That 1Password reneged on a promise, and that isn’t wrong.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
We're on the same page.

I do understand that 1Password abandoned some people. Some feel that they were dishonest in some way when that happened. I would need to study it quite a bit to draw a conclusion about that either way. But, a company has the right to change their business model.

If one were to spend time on their forums they would experience a first-class company that cares about its product and users. It does rile me up a bit that someone would call them evil.

We are!
You can sell, I am willing to buy at $100 price point but to force $3 monthly rent forever to keep it sustainable because its some high end tech that nobody has is gaslighting just as much their gaslighting saying their customers prefered cloud storage and subscription over license.
And almost 3 years later, you’re still saying the same thing. Do I prefer cloud storage, eh… I honestly don’t care, but I want what’s make my life easy. I also want something thats easy for my 70 - 80 year old parents and in-laws to use.

I use 2 apps that relies on Apples iCloud to sync, they both suck. One went to their own, it’s been a lot better ever since and the still used iCloud… and still sucks. Even Strongbox didn’t sync as quickly.
You are right but there are free user friendly option like ProtonPass and Bitwarden to name a couple.
KeepassXC latest release is last month
and none are as polished as 1Password… I even think you said this a few times.

If you have specific exact features, yeah you will have to pay for the specific password manager that does that. From my understanding most people will be ok store+autofill+encryption.
your point? People have different needs and wants.
Its not as bad as those companies, but when a company uses twisted ethics to increase their profits over the customer's benefit I choose not to do business with them. They obviously do not have my best of interest and I refuse to be milked. I rather give it to Enpass that still sells license and still gives me option to store locally or Bitwarden that is giving it for free to everyone and is FOSS so it can be forked just in case.
Now if Bitwarden is free, why isn’t everyone using them only (or other fee ones)? I see on Reddit in both Bitwarden and 1Password how users are switching from one to the other? Why would a Bitwarden user switch to 1Password?

Something I was thinking about and maybe someone can answer. How can Bitwarden be 100% open source is they have a paywall? Can anyone see the code of the actual paywall? Is that 100% safe?

Free isn’t everything. People complaining about $2.99 a month probably buy stupid crap daily that isn’t as useful.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
It seems the thread is repeating back to the OP with the same early posters after 96 pages. Without new posters to the thread or new questions that haven't already been addressed numerous times in the thread, it seems the thread has run its course. I can't see how rehashing the same points over and over with the OP is productive.

I think Mayflynn's new thread is a good counter and more productive at this point in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Heckles

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
I am flabbergasted you asked this question given Brad stated: “But what they did was wrong. Does that make them evil? no, but they do deserve the ire they have received due to their changing of their business model, which they themselves stated that would not change. Keep in mind that they were the ones that put the narrative out that they would not change any part of their model or functionality in their application, and yet they did.”

It seems to me you either have to argue that:

a) 1Password didn’t do what Brad stated.

or

b) That 1Password reneged on a promise, and that isn’t wrong.
Ok, got it. It was the last bit of the post. Kind of mixed in with lots of talk about disappointment and hurt feelings.

Maybe this was posted elsewhere, but do you have a link to this so I can read what they said? Perhaps something archived?

It’s really weird that a company would make a promise about the forever future. But I’d have to read it for myself.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
It seems the thread is repeating back to the OP with the same early posters after 96 pages. Without new posters to the thread or new questions that haven't already been addressed numerous times in the thread, it seems the thread has run its course. I can't see how rehashing the same points over and over with the OP is productive.

I think Mayflynn's new thread is a good counter and more productive at this point in time.
It really is. I can almost just copy my past responses.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
You say they did something wrong. Could you concisely state what that was? I'm reading in your post about things that upset people (e.g. feeling abandoned). Is it that you feel they were obliged to forever support a prior version of the application or continue to make it available? In my world, that would be a strange position to have.

There is what the founder himself posted:

Reference the bottom:

In the meantime, for those who need this feature, 1Password 7 was the best version of 1Password we ever had (it’s only second place to our amazing next generation of apps!) and it will continue to support all currently available sync methods. I ask for your patience during this time and I invite you to add your voice to the conversation in the comments below and by taking our survey.

Subsequently, for those looking to purchase 1Password 7 can still do so; however, they have since removed any provisioning servers to provision a license for a standalone version with all other sync methods that do not require a 1password.com account, or a subscription.

While not advertised or publicly posted anywhere, They continue to sell 1Password 7, as it is still available for download:

And funnily enough, they publicly state that to even get to 1Password 8 from 1Password 6, you need to upgrade to 1Password 7 so you can convert your data to a 1Password account so you could even get to 1Password 8.

How could you do that, when they don't publicly have 1Password 7 available anymore? One would really have to dig (as I did) to find that 1PW 7 download).

But what good does it do when you can't purchase a standalone license, and even it pushes you towards a subscription now? This completely alienates anyone coming from a previous version of 1Password, especially with those who purchased it from the Mac App Store. There is no viable upgrade or purchase path to 1Password 7 that does not require a subscription. That is the crux of one of the biggest matters.

By the way, I've read a lot on their forums about the move to subscriptions. People's opinions and outrage were not silenced. "It could easily be said", but that would be a lie if it were. Glad you didn't say it.

Depending on which forums are being discussed. Prior forums, before going to 1password.community were controlled by them and when this came up, it was brutal. I know they were doing their best, but there was a lot of flack that came out of what they had done, and it wasn't pretty at all.

BL.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
And funnily enough, they publicly state that to even get to 1Password 8 from 1Password 6, you need to upgrade to 1Password 7 so you can convert your data to a 1Password account so you could even get to 1Password 8.

How could you do that, when they don't publicly have 1Password 7 available anymore? One would really have to dig (as I did) to find that 1PW 7 download).

BL.
I’m not sure how true this is. When I got 1Password for Families, my mom was still on 1Password 6. I got her on 1Password 8 without an issue. I exported her data from 6 and imported it to 8. It was pretty easy.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I’m not sure how true this is. When I got 1Password for Families, my mom was still on 1Password 6. I got her on 1Password 8 without an issue. I exported her data from 6 and imported it to 8. It was pretty easy.

From their site:

If you’re upgrading from 1Password 6​

If you’re using 1Password 6, you’ll need to upgrade to 1Password 7 and migrate your data to a 1Password account before you can upgrade to 1Password 8. Learn how to migrate your standalone vaults from 1Password 6 for Mac to a 1Password account.​

BL.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
From their site:

If you’re upgrading from 1Password 6​

If you’re using 1Password 6, you’ll need to upgrade to 1Password 7 and migrate your data to a 1Password account before you can upgrade to 1Password 8. Learn how to migrate your standalone vaults from 1Password 6 for Mac to a 1Password account.​

BL.
From the article:
When you open the app for the first time, you can choose to migrate your data from 1Password 7.
It’s says you can choose to migrate your date. I didn’t migrate, I exported the data from 6 and then imported it to 8. I basically did the same thing as if I was coming from a different password manager, so you don’t have to be on 1Password 7 to go to 1Password 8.

I know from reading their forums in the past, they do make it very easy going from 1Password 7 to 1Password 8.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
There is what the founder himself posted:

Reference the bottom:

Subsequently, for those looking to purchase 1Password 7 can still do so; however, they have since removed any provisioning servers to provision a license for a standalone version with all other sync methods that do not require a 1password.com account, or a subscription.

While not advertised or publicly posted anywhere, They continue to sell 1Password 7, as it is still available for download:

But what good does it do when you can't purchase a standalone license, and even it pushes you towards a subscription now? This completely alienates anyone coming from a previous version of 1Password, especially with those who purchased it from the Mac App Store. There is no viable upgrade or purchase path to 1Password 7 that does not require a subscription. That is the crux of one of the biggest matters.

Depending on which forums are being discussed. Prior forums, before going to 1password.community were controlled by them and when this came up, it was brutal. I know they were doing their best, but there was a lot of flack that came out of what they had done, and it wasn't pretty at all.

BL.

Thanks for that. This discussion direction is all about the reintroduction of the "evil" sub-theme. I feel compelled to push back on that. You did not use the word "evil", but you did join in on that side of the argument.

@MacBH928 feels 1Password is evil because they charge too much and justify it with features few people want. There's no way for me to argue against such a radically different world view. But, your point is more reasonable to me.

I guess what they did caused consumer harm for anyone who failed to retain a copy of the old version 7 they had previously downloaded. Such a person might have redownloaded version 7 and lost functionality they had paid for.

Apple did something similar to this. I remember contacting Apple support for help with a macOS bug. I think I was running Mojave. They said I had to upgrade to Catalina to get the fix. But, I still had to run 32-bit apps, so I was stuck. They chose not to maintain multiple lines of development. I was pretty pissed, but I don't think they were evil. I felt they were uncaring and oblivious.

I'm sorry, but this is a long thread and maybe someone already said this. Did anyone contact support and ask for a copy of the version 7 that they had bought and were turned down? I don't mean posting on their forums, but contacting support directly. I don't think they could have said publicly that they were giving out potentially unpatched versions of a password program.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I'm sorry, but this is a long thread and maybe someone already said this. Did anyone contact support and ask for a copy of the version 7 that they had bought and were turned down? I don't mean posting on their forums, but contacting support directly. I don't think they could have said publicly that they were giving out potentially unpatched versions of a password program.

There is nothing wrong with the program. It actually functions as it should. What is lost is that when you go to purchase it, you are given the option to purchase a subscription, or purchase a standalone license. If you choose a standalone license, you are redirected back to the subscription option because 1Password disabled and then subsequently removed the servers that provision standalone licenses, so you have no choice but to go with the subscription option.

Making it worse, when you upgrade to 1Password 7, and fail to make a purchase (standalone, subscription, or otherwise), 1Password 7 leaves your vault in a read-only state, so you can not make any other changes to it: If taking this into a database world with CRUD, you only have read. No Create, Update, or Delete. and making it even worse than that, if you were to go back to a previous version of 1Password to access that vault, that vault is still locked in a read-only state.

I tried getting to 1Password 7 from 1Password 6 and encountered that problem. The issue I had was that they offered a free upgrade from 1PW6 to 1PW 7 if you purchased 1PW6 from their site; I hadn't, as I bought mine from the Mac App Store. So in trying to get to 1PW 7, I had this entire issue, which left my vault basically unusable, especially as I was still adding data to it. Reverting back to 1PW 6 didn't work either, nor did a removal and reinstallation of 1PW 6, nor did a restore of the vault from Time Machine. I ended up having to blow away my Mac, reinstall Sierra, and restore my entire Mac from Time Machine.

Now, what made 1Password a dealbreaker for me: Apple Silicon. 1Password 8 was written in a combination of Rust and Electron, which can be very bloated, while 1Password 6 is a native Mac (x86-64) application. Because of Silicon coming out and Apple's intention of dropping all Intel support, outside of running Rosetta 2 for a limited period of time, there would be no way to run 1Password 6 on a new Mac. 1Password 7 is a universal binary, so that would be the one to go with if one wanted to keep standalone vaults. But again, we are back to what I am stating here at the beginning of this post. So:
  • no license provisioning servers to provision standalone licenses,
  • Intel binaries being on borrowed time,
  • subscription model not viable for me, and
  • if using 1Password 7, vaults are locked in a read-only state
I am at my end of my use of 1Password, not what 1Password offers me. Their features are great and I could use all of them, but if I can't use the application as my needs require, I'm at an impasse, which my only option is to migrate away from 1Password to something that does fill my requirements.

BL.

janezblond

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
Just FYI: Minimalist has reintroduced a lifetime purchase option. Quote from the latest release notes:
A major competitor, whom may remain nameless, has asked us to change our logo on account of its vague similarity to their own. Apparently they are worried their customers will mistake Minimalist for a simpler version of their own product and make the switch.
Imagine that!
While we disagree entirely with the assertion that anyone would confuse Minimalist with another product, we also have no desire to engage in an expensive court battle with one of the largest password manager makers in the space.
Instead we are taking this opportunity to remember exactly why we created Minimalist is the first place; to be a better password manager company!
So today we are announcing three major changes to help us get back to our roots:
1. A bold new logo! We have designed a bold new logo which uniquely identifies Minimalist amongst the countless competitors out there. And given that you'll be looking at this logo on your home screens everyday, we want your input. Please send all feedback, ideas, and/ or alternative designs to hello@minimalistpassword.com.
2. Return of the one-time purchase! While we strongly believe that reasonably priced subscriptions are key to building a sustainable software business on the App Store, we also sympathize with everyone out there who simply can't stand subscriptions! So starting today we are reinstating the one-time purchase option. You can now get one step closer to ridding your digital life of subscriptions, once and for all!
3. All purchases are now family purchases! We share everything with our families. Love and laughter, food and vacations, income and expenses. Everything. That's why we've enabled Apple Family Sharing on all Minimalist purchases; past, present and future! No matter how you purchase / purchased Minimalist, your purchase can now be shared with up to five family members via Apple's Family Sharing.
That's our update for today, but stay tuned because there is more to come!

Reactions: MacBH928

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Just FYI: Minimalist has reintroduced a lifetime purchase option
Seems to be a rather expensive product, one that seems rather limited in scope and function
1714140907063.png

Looks like they have done no security auditing yet, which should be something to be aware of.
1714140969512.png

MacBH928

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 17, 2008
You're just making stuff up.

If you mingle with the average users you will know that your average instagram girl and Netflix viewer doesn't care about managing their password vault they just want to post and consume content. Thats why Apple does not have their own password manager and do it invisibly behind the scenes with Keychain. But thats most people, then there are people like you and me who care about managing their password vault with specific set of features. Thats why I said "most" people.

See how the average user deals with passwords

And almost 3 years later, you’re still saying the same thing. Do I prefer cloud storage, eh… I honestly don’t care, but I want what’s make my life easy. I also want something thats easy for my 70 - 80 year old parents and in-laws to use.

I use 2 apps that relies on Apples iCloud to sync, they both suck. One went to their own, it’s been a lot better ever since and the still used iCloud… and still sucks. Even Strongbox didn’t sync as quickly.

and none are as polished as 1Password… I even think you said this a few times.

I haven't used 1password recently but yes, the most user friendly and nice looking one is 1password as long as you are willing to add yet another monthly subscription to your bill. Your other option is Bitwarden, it does mostly the same thing for free albeit uglier interface. That is the choice which the user have to make.

your point? People have different needs and wants.

Yes and if your need is available only with 1password then get it, but something like 80% of the features are similar in all password managers.

Now if Bitwarden is free, why isn’t everyone using them only (or other fee ones)? I see on Reddit in both Bitwarden and 1Password how users are switching from one to the other? Why would a Bitwarden user switch to 1Password?

I don't have stats but going by Android user reviews, seems like Bitwarden is popular multiple times over. ProtonPass has higher number of reviews although only released for 1 year compared to 1password 18 years (2006 released).

jpg.png

Free isn’t everything. People complaining about $2.99 a month probably buy stupid crap daily that isn’t as useful.

Its not so much the price. You have to see the offering by others. This is what killed Netscape. They were willing to sell it but Microsoft bundled Explorer for free. If 1password was the only password manager out there or the cheapest I will be enforced on their bandwagon. Its just how capitalism works and the "invisible hand". Also, I never said I won't use it because its not free, I said I am willing to buy $100 license.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
I haven't used 1password recently but yes, the most user friendly and nice looking one is 1password as long as you are willing to add yet another monthly subscription to your bill. Your other option is Bitwarden, it does mostly the same thing for free albeit uglier interface. That is the choice which the user have to make.
mostly? No. Some of the same thing, yes.
Yes and if your need is available only with 1password then get it, but something like 80% of the features are similar in all password managers.
again, no. If others had guest vaults, maybe I would move. The guest vaults are a huge selling point for me.
I don't have stats but going by Android user reviews, seems like Bitwarden is popular multiple times over. ProtonPass has higher number of reviews although only released for 1 year compared to 1password 18 years (2006 released).

View attachment 2372221
This makes sense seeing 1Password started out as an Apple only app. I admit, I am lazy right now, but I remember reading how Android users don‘t pay for apps like iOS users do.
Its not so much the price. You have to see the offering by others. This is what killed Netscape. They were willing to sell it but Microsoft bundled Explorer for free. If 1password was the only password manager out there or the cheapest I will be enforced on their bandwagon. Its just how capitalism works and the "invisible hand". Also, I never said I won't use it because its not free, I said I am willing to buy $100 license.
It has to do everything with pricing. People are willing to pay for a better experience… why some people like Apple Products. Years ago I got a cheaper brand TV, it was a horrible experience, and this goes for the same with everything.

Heck, the company I work for offers a service and we are not the cheapest at all. We have customers because they like the experience they get from us. We have customers leave because they found something cheaper, but come back to us because how we treat them and the experience.

My oldest kid works as a bartender as a very expensive/high end steak house. Steaks are between $80 and $200, and that’s just for the steak. They are packed every night, and jam packed on Fridays and Saturdays. Why? There are many cheaper places out there. People go there knowing the food will be amazing and the service it great. Again, people are paying because of the experience.

Experience says a lot. What’s the point of being cheaper if the experience is crap?

I said this many times… may times, I tried others and I always come back to 1Password. So yes, I always go out there to see what others offer.

Last edited:

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Bitwarden showed off their upcoming redesign of their extension today. 👀

bwredo.jpeg

Now if Bitwarden is free, why isn’t everyone using them only (or other fee ones)?
There are all sorts of reasons I've seen:
  • Some people are VERY resistant to change.
  • Some people don't want to go through the work of migrating.
  • Some people think the cost of 1PW is still cheap and it's worth it.
  • Some people don't know/trust other companies.

Reactions: MacBH928
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.