Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scoop24

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
New York
Thank you. I was able to exchange my Magic Mouse for the Magic Trackpad and pay the difference at my local Apple Store. I explained the situation and the associate was very helpful with this. I prefer it much more over the Magic Mouse.
I agree the trackpad is way better than the mouse

Last edited:
Reactions: fivenotrump

eelpout

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
FYI. I placed an order for an 8 core/16GB/1TB on October 4, 2021. Still hasn't shipped, though they are currently saying it should be here by Nov 9.

8rlee8

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2013
FYI. I placed an order for an 8 core/16GB/1TB on October 4, 2021. Still hasn't shipped, though they are currently saying it should be here by Nov 9.
Dang. I placed mine on Oct 11th and Apple says it should be delivered between Nov 10th-17th. Same configuration as you too.

tgenius

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
Does anyone know if you can take the Magic keyboard in the base iMac and take it to the store to pay the difference for the Magic Keyboard with TouchID?

Reactions: uller6

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Wales
So when are we expecting an updated iMac 27" or 32"?
I expect it when it arrives. My old iMac was giving me grief and I really wanted a 27" but at the time the M1 was a rumour so held out for this 24" (old 2013 iMac now keeping dust off a shelf). I could be temped for a trade in, depending. I do like this screen size and a 32 might be too far. Have to get my cardboard cut out when they announce whatever is due.

richest

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012

Will this model not be replaced by the new model due out in a few months?

eelpout

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
Will this model not be replaced by the new model due out in a few months?
oh likely, whenever it actually happens, which probably won't be until next spring. they'll probably put an M1 Pro or follow-up with an ARM design of the newer iPhones in the 24". Likely a lower core count, more efficient version of the latter.

my wife is on a 2014 Mac Mini with a Fusion drive and ready for a change. just have to put a stake in the ground at some point. :)

richest

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
oh likely, whenever it actually happens, which probably won't be until next spring. they'll probably put an M1 Pro or follow-up with an ARM design of the newer iPhones in the 24". Likely a lower core count, more efficient version of the latter.

my wife is on a 2014 Mac Mini with a Fusion drive and ready for a change. just have to put a stake in the ground at some point. :)

I see, i just thought the next Mac should be a big upgrade worth the wait for a few more months.

My 27in Mac is 9 years old now, and ready for a re fresh even though it works fine.

Hoping for a 32 in screen along with the improved internals.

eelpout

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
I see, i just thought the next Mac should be a big upgrade worth the wait for a few more months.

My 27in Mac is 9 years old now, and ready for a re fresh even though it works fine.

Hoping for a 32 in screen along with the improved internals.
if my wife was in the mood for a screen over 24", yeah I'd wait, but she doesn't like the bigger screens anyway and the regular M1 should be fine for what she does (she doesn't push her system any harder than using a little Adobe Lightroom).

I personally hate Apple's glossy screens :), so I'm waiting for the new Mac Mini and then I'll upgrade my desktop Intel system.

Edit: still haven't received a ship date yet, yet they claim it'll be here by 11/9. Guess it could ship later today.

Last edited:

eelpout

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2007
Silicon Valley
my wife got an email yesterday saying ours should be here today. what's weird is there was no heads up on the Apple order tracking at all, it just suddenly appeared yesterday. it's tracked by a site called deliver-it.com. never heard of it. :)

Edit: just arrived. some non uniformed dude brought it to the door and made sure someone was home so he felt comfortable leaving it. Maybe it's a Silicon Valley area thing for deliveries (the origin according to the label was Fontana, CA BTW).

Last edited:

humanafterall

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2018
Athens
Ordered mine on Sept 10. It’ll be delivered next week, it took 9 long weeks, sooo long:

iMac 8C/8G silver
16GB
512 SSD
Magic trackpad
Keyboard with numeric pad

Celtic Warrior

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Toronto, ON
Just ordered after months of consideration, reading forum posts, and two trips to the Apple Store to compare colors!

Yellow, 16gb RAM, numeric keypad, and Magic Trackpad. Delivery estimated Dec. 10-17. Can’t wait!
Awesome. I was in the same boat as well. I kinda waited for M1 mac minimax or pro chip as well but decided to go with iMac as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.