Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pink Panther84

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
If you're happy to pull the iMac a little closer to you, you'll find using the scaled setting great, and you won't miss the 27" as much.

I may, on occasion, need to zoom-in to read text more comfortably, but this is trivial on my Trackpad; not sure this experience carries over with the Magic Mouse since I've never had one.

Thank you for this tip!

I'm just really pleased with this purchase. I had my 27" iMac mid-2011, I believe, for too long and was way overdue for an upgrade. I was going to hold out for the highly rumored 27" iMac released this year, but the color options and nostalgia factor sold me on this model.

Reactions: svish

Donfor39

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2012
Lanarkshire Scotland
I've ordered tonight...
1x APPLE - iMac 4.5K 24" (2021) - M1, 256 GB SSD, Silver

7 core version, should be plenty for home use, I'll make use of tb-4 Kensington doc.

20th March 2022​
between​
09:48-10:48​
thanks

Attachments

• imac.jpg
    imac.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
Yes, "Customer Expectations with respect to Choice of Colour" is an interesting topic. I conjecture Silver buyers know what they're getting, performance wise, and want something that's easier to sell later-on: they're the most satisfied bunch, overall, among the popular colours.

Poor ratings were generally, ie. not limited to blue iMacs, caused by third party resellers; some customers though, just had unreasonable expectations:
Two ways to look at resale value and color. Blue is the most popular so will have the most availability on resale and could make price competition high. Limited availability of yellow could help resale later on. Either way, buy the color you like - over time the resale difference is negligible.

wilberforce

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2020
SF Bay Area
Two ways to look at resale value and color. Blue is the most popular so will have the most availability on resale and could make price competition high. Limited availability of yellow could help resale later on. Either way, buy the color you like - over time the resale difference is negligible.
I agree. It reminds me of people that buy a gray car essentially because they think that is the color the next owner would like. Nuts.

Last edited:

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Specs did you go for? Still 2 week waiting list seems. What country?

Did you order any extras, go for mouse/trackpad or both.
8 core GPU, 8GB, 256 GB SSD
Ordered with Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard without Numeric Keypad

Ordered from India

Yes around 2 weeks. Orange, Yellow and Purple have longer waiting period. Upgrading to 16 GB for any colour pushes delivery to mid June.

dandroid

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
I have an orange 16GB iMac on order. Was originally scheduled for delivery two weeks ago but got quickly delayed until April 28th – May 5th.

It's not 'preparing to ship' yet so I'm hoping it doesn't get delayed again :-[

Reactions: Donfor39

dandroid

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
I have an orange 16GB iMac on order. Was originally scheduled for delivery two weeks ago but got quickly delayed until April 28th – May 5th.

It's not 'preparing to ship' yet so I'm hoping it doesn't get delayed again :-[

The delivery estimate has just been delayed by a further 4 weeks, until mid-June.

Sigh.

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
Looks like all configurations that are not available to pick/ship "today" are out past WWDC in June. Maybe an iMac bump to M2 then? Or is the manufacturing situation so bad that they simply cannot make any iMacs right now?

dandroid

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
Looks like all configurations that are not available to pick/ship "today" are out past WWDC in June. Maybe an iMac bump to M2 then? Or is the manufacturing situation so bad that they simply cannot make any iMacs right now?
Seems like it's mainly the Purple, Yellow and Orange configurations with the 6 week lead times. I wonder if it's because they are popular or because they are not.

When was the last time Apple announced spec bumps at a WWDC?

trhoffmann

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2019
The Apple Refurb store has almost every combination of color and BTO option available for 2-3 day delivery for M1 iMacs. Good way to pick up an iMac quickly and save some money.

Last edited:

dandroid

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2008
The Apple Refurb store has almost every combination of color and BTO option available for 2-3 day delivery for M1 iMacs. Good way to pick up an iMac quickly and save some money.
Not in this country!

Also, my order just got delayed... again... already... which will make it a 3-month wait. If it doesn't get delayed yet again.

icemantx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2009
Seems like it's mainly the Purple, Yellow and Orange configurations with the 6 week lead times. I wonder if it's because they are popular or because they are not.

When was the last time Apple announced spec bumps at a WWDC?
The only Mac I think is a shoe in for being announced at WWDC (not ready to ship) is the Mac Pro. If there is an iMac bump this year (which according to rumors is unlikely), it would probably be in October before the Christmas shopping season.

nekomimi

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2008
After my suffering iMac 27” is confirmed by apple to have no longer any hardware support. I purchased a new iMac 24” (was holding out for the 27”, but we all know that story).

So, ordered April 10, my shipment date has changed twice now. It’s now stating 01 July.
Meanwhile, my productivity could be better, working on my iPad Pro, rather than my ailing 27”.

Silver
1 TB
16 GB

Probably the longest wait I’ve had (using macs since the newton)

edit, I wrote ETD June, not July at first. It’s 3 months for what I consider a standard spec.

My first ETD was this week :-(

Last edited:
Reactions: Donfor39

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
I ordered an 8/8 cores, 16 GB, 1 TB, Silver configuration on Monday night, and it was just delivered, less than 48 hours after I ordered it, and a day before scheduled!

I noticed when I ordered that if I changed the configuration to have less memory or more or less storage than I got, the estimated delivery time changed from 3 days to 10-12 weeks!

Well, that honestly didn't influence my order. I got the configuration I wanted and am happy to have received it so quickly!

Reactions: svish

T Coma

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2015
Flyover Country, USA
I ordered an 8/8 cores, 16 GB, 1 TB, Silver configuration on Monday night, and it was just delivered, less than 48 hours after I ordered it, and a day before scheduled!

I noticed when I ordered that if I changed the configuration to have less memory or more or less storage than I got, the estimated delivery time changed from 3 days to 10-12 weeks!

Well, that honestly didn't influence my order. I got the configuration I wanted and am happy to have received it so quickly!
I just selected the exact same and it gave me a range of July 15-29, i.e., 8-10 weeks. 😩

Mac Mini with the same specs is 2 weeks. 🤔

I've been back and forth but my preference ratio of iMac/Mini is like 51/49. This lead time isn't helping the iMac side.

Last edited:

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
I just selected the exact same and it gave me a range of July 15-29, i.e., 8-10 weeks. 😩

Are you sure you selected the same configuration as the one I got? I just tried and was told I could get the same system I already got delivered next Monday, May 16. If I switch from 1TB to 2TB storage, then it jumps to middle of July!

The Mac mini is also two weeks for me with that configuration.

T Coma

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2015
Flyover Country, USA
Are you sure you selected the same configuration as the one I got? I just tried and was told I could get the same system I already got delivered next Monday, May 16. If I switch from 1TB to 2TB storage, then it jumps to middle of July!

The Mac mini is also two weeks for me with that configuration.
Ah - you're right. My order included the magic trackpad, which somehow pushes it out by 2 months. But when I try to order the trackpad alone, it gives me a date of May 17. :confused: Apparently they have a preboxed supply of this particular "custom order?"

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 1.59.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 2.02.30 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.