Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GuSu7

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2023
Ontario
Thank you for your reply, I can now understand the difference. Yesterday I can finally have some time to listen to some music from my Beoplay S8, and I think I can hold my impulse for a pair of HomePod until I have my own study room or home office, now I can use S8 for music and movie when the kids are not home.
I purchased a refurbished m1 iMac, but suddenly I lost the interest or passion to pick it up from the Apple Store. Probably because I am using a 2019 intel MacBook Pro, which is still powerful enough for me, probably because iMac is a little bit old. But I think I will take it home eventually. Just not very excited.

Attachments

• 6A7E3705-0904-490C-826A-26FDD5FF3637.jpeg
    6A7E3705-0904-490C-826A-26FDD5FF3637.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: powerbook911

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
I was checking the shipping estimate for a few iMac via business channel, many of the higher end configurations and silver color are 2-3 weeks. The rest is 3-5 business days. I headed to the consumer apple.com, silver color (good and best config) are sure a bit of a wait for shipping. This is before I do any customization. Am I reaching it for a product update soon?

Reactions: Brad7

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
I was checking the shipping estimate for a few iMac via business channel, many of the higher end configurations and silver color are 2-3 weeks. The rest is 3-5 business days. I headed to the consumer apple.com, silver color (good and best config) are sure a bit of a wait for shipping. This is before I do any customization. Am I reaching it for a product update soon?

I bought two in mid-January and it was a little over two week estimate for BTO then too.

However, they arrived in 7 days.

I wouldn't read too much into that YET.

Reactions: Brad7

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
I bought two in mid-January and it was a little over two week estimate for BTO then too.

However, they arrived in 7 days.

I wouldn't read too much into that YET.
We’ll see. Last time we placed a M1 Max 16” MacBook Pro order 2 weeks before they announced the M2 line up. Although it’s the same price and I noticed Apple tried to spec us a M2 Max unit, they later cancelled the order. I really want to see some updates on the iMac line up. The current offering isn’t something I want to recommend people to buy.

BusanAA

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2019
Just received this one. 8/8 model, 16GB RAM, 256GB storage (I won’t be storing many files on this one, that’s what MacBook is for). Really like yellow - specifically the more gold-ish tone of the keyboard, trackpad side, stand and back. If Apple would have made the front chin gold and just called the color gold, it would be among the best colorways apple ever made. It is still nice

View attachment 2039792
Nice iMac
I bought yellow too (16GB/512SSD)
Every time I look at the computer it brightens my day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Onimusha370

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2010
Same as the old one ... green! I like consistency.
nice :) What were you main reasons for upgrading? I'm tempted to go from my base (orange) M1 to something with a bit more SSD and RAM, but I'm really struggling to justify the steep upgrade prices... so sad that they've not reduced prices in light of recent SSD price cuts

Reactions: Agile55

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Just traded-in 2021 iMac for the 2023 iMac. Base model to base model. Cost after trade-in $869 ($1299 - $430) before sales tax.

Can I ask your reasons, genuinely interested. I have an m1 (upgraded to 16Gb RAM and 512Gb SSD), so don’t see the need, as would be a massive upgrade cost.

Just checked Apple would give me £475, and 16Gb RAM and 512Gb SSD is £2000 so a £1525 cost to basically go from m1 to m3! Wow…I’ll stick….

Is there something specific you need from m3?

WC7

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2018
have my attn as I also have a ‘21 base so waiting for some feedback.
Slightly quicker ... but I am just using it for the basic stuff (not content creation) ... only web, email, spreadsheet, processing, etc., etc.. I am trying to check out another router to take better advantage of the Wifi 6e. Not even sure if it will make any difference. Mostly, only use Apple bundled software: Apple Mail, iMessage, Safari (Duck Duck Go for search), Numbers, Pages, News+, Music, Photos, Books ... the most often. I like the Stage Manager. Oh, I do play with Xcode, but not really a developer.

WC7

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2018
Can I ask your reasons, genuinely interested. I have an m1 (upgraded to 16Gb RAM and 512Gb SSD), so don’t see the need, as would be a massive upgrade cost.

Just checked Apple would give me £475, and 16Gb RAM and 512Gb SSD is £2000 so a £1525 cost to basically go from m1 to m3! Wow…I’ll stick….

Basically, I like to upgrade every about 2-3 years for trade-in value. My sweet spot. No real reason ... but I have noticed the slightly faster performance even for basic tasks ... and switching apps ... I'm not the user who keeps even half a dozen apps running although I have about a dozen tabs open in Safari. It all depends on your usage profile ... mine is lite!

WC7

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2018
nice :) What were you main reasons for upgrading? I'm tempted to go from my base (orange) M1 to something with a bit more SSD and RAM, but I'm really struggling to justify the steep upgrade prices... so sad that they've not reduced prices in light of recent SSD price cuts
Confused to whom I've replied! I do like to keep with the current generation of chips even, though as I mentioned I am just a lite user and so I don't need the storage or all the quickness ... the ideal base case scenario for Apple ... 8 GB/256 GB is fine for me. Since I have the 2TB iCloud ... I don't even use half the 256GB of on-board storage ... and because I am not a content creator ... I bet my 8 GB is hardly utilized for any of that dynamic optimization they mentioned.

Chris80

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2023
No ... it came with Sonoma 14.1 ... just had to grab the 14.1.1 update
Ok, mine is a iMac M3, 24GB RAM, 1TB SSD (silver) and Ventura 13.5 was installed.
But now everything is fine.

Now I am waiting for a silver Magic Trackpad.
My trackpad is less than one year old - but this does not match well to the new silver keyboard and mouse.

As you can see, the "old" trackpad is far too white compared to the keyboard and mouse.

IMG_5114.jpg

Last edited:

Chris80

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2023
I should have ordered the magic trackpad with the new iMac. I hope that Apple will now send me the right replacement part: a real silver magic trackpad.

Reactions: WC7

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Confused to whom I've replied! I do like to keep with the current generation of chips even, though as I mentioned I am just a lite user and so I don't need the storage or all the quickness ... the ideal base case scenario for Apple ... 8 GB/256 GB is fine for me. Since I have the 2TB iCloud ... I don't even use half the 256GB of on-board storage ... and because I am not a content creator ... I bet my 8 GB is hardly utilized for any of that dynamic optimization they mentioned.

I decided to go for 16Gb on m1 as wanted to keep for a while. I also am a light user, just Apple apps, nothing fancy, use my iPad a lot as well.

I went 512Gb SSD again for future, but not using much really as also have 2Tb iCloud, my photo library as got it all in Photos, is on a separate external SSD though as it’s 2Tb.

Think I’ll pass, would be nice but think for my use it’s a waste really.

sirHydra

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2021
Just sold my M1/16GB/2TB iMac after it served me well for 2 years and replaced it with an M2/64GB/1TB Mac Studio.

The iMac was a temporary solution while I awaited the release of pro machines, but it exceeded my expectations. I've also kept the blue Magic Keyboard and Trackpad for my Studio as a keepsake :)

Agile55

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
TX
Initiated a trade w/ my blue base model ‘21 thx to WC so now need to decide on color …… stay w/ blue or maybe orange 🤔

ETA in Dallas Wed so a trip to an AAPL store will help w/ my color decision.

Last edited:

WC7

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2018

Short answer, again, not really something specific, but just to stay within the current generation of Apple chips. Also, I want to say that since I use the base configuration of the iMac I have much less 'invested' ... if I did have extra memory and/or storage I would also would keep my machine for longer. And then, at my age the thrill of getting a new machine is more important to me ... rather than keeping the older machine!

Jay Tee

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2023
Got my M3 iMac yesterday and Apple never ceases to amaze me with its packaging. The box is like an origami. Really outstanding!

Been a few years since I had a new iMac and love the way it all falls in-place with my Apple ecosystem!

View attachment 2315794
That cat's a fatty !

At first I thought it was a comfortable, but misplaced, furry cushion for resting your arm or something.

Love it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.