Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So here we are in 2023. Time for a shiny new thread.

Hopes for 2023? RB to not be so far ahead of the pack.

Mercedes to not have such a lemon of a car.

McLaren to finally give Norris a car he deserves.

Reactions: Rileyuk

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Lando Norris for 2023 WDC .

Mercedes will have ironed most of their issues out, Red Bull will overspend on snacks and paper clips resulting in another fine but not win the championship. Ferrari will have the fastest car but a pit crew and strategy team that are as confused as a cluster of voles in a paper bag, and Aston Martin will be the surprise podium regulars. You’ve heard it all here first….

• Haha
Reactions: Pezimak and ericwn

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Lando Norris for 2023 WDC .

Mercedes will have ironed most of their issues out, Red Bull will overspend on snacks and paper clips resulting in another fine but not win the championship. Ferrari will have the fastest car but a pit crew and strategy team that are as confused as a cluster of voles in a paper bag, and Aston Martin will be the surprise podium regulars. You’ve heard it all here first….
With Alonso? You sure he won’t just complain about the car on the team radio?

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
My hopes are for Max Verstappen and Red Bull to repeat their excellent 2022 performance, and for the others to pull up their socks and provide a bit more competition.

In addition, my goal is to see three F1's in person, and to not miss any of the other races.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
With Alonso? You sure he won’t just complain about the car on the team radio?

I think it’s highly likely he’ll complain if the car isn’t great and I doubt the good relationship will last beyond this season if he’s not favoured. It’ll add entertainment and I’m sure he’ll have a few opinions on who’s better than who as he loves a stir. Great driver though.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I think it’s highly likely he’ll complain if the car isn’t great and I doubt the good relationship will last beyond this season if he’s not favoured. It’ll add entertainment and I’m sure he’ll have a few opinions on who’s better than who as he loves a stir. Great driver though.
Indeed. But his best years are behind him.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
So here we are in 2023. Time for a shiny new thread.

Hopes for 2023? RB to not be so far ahead of the pack.

Mercedes to not have such a lemon of a car.

McLaren to finally give Norris a car he deserves.

All of those would be nice. So we can have some proper close racing a lot more. And it would be amazing to see Lando compete at the front regularly.

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
My hopes are for Max Verstappen and Red Bull to repeat their excellent 2022 performance, and for the others to pull up their socks and provide a bit more competition.

In addition, my goal is to see three F1's in person, and to not miss any of the other races.

Yeah, gogo Max!

• Love
Reactions: cyb3rdud3

Boidem

Suspended
Nov 16, 2022
Max to win, Russell to beat Hamilton again, Hamilton to whinge and whine and moan ALL THE TIME and generally be the attention seeking anus he always has been, wearing some ridiculous outfits that everyone else just thinks look stupid, and throwing his toys out of the pram. Hamilton fanbois will bang on about him 'developing the car' and whinge and whine and moan about 2021 ALL THE TIME and how it's all soooo unfair etc etc etc...

No but seriously; I hope there's some better actual racing this season. Ferrari get their act together and try not to stuff it up so often.

Hamilton's obese ugly dog to have a massive sloppy poo on Toto Wolf's iPad, which he forgot to back up. All important data lost. Mercedes blame Red Bull for giving the dog some energy drink.

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
Max to win, Russell to beat Hamilton again, Hamilton to whinge and whine and moan ALL THE TIME and generally be the attention seeking anus he always has been, wearing some ridiculous outfits that everyone else just thinks look stupid, and throwing his toys out of the pram. Hamilton fanbois will bang on about him 'developing the car' and whinge and whine and moan about 2021 ALL THE TIME and how it's all soooo unfair etc etc etc...

No but seriously; I hope there's some better actual racing this season. Ferrari get their act together and try not to stuff it up so often.

Hamilton's obese ugly dog to have a massive sloppy poo on Toto Wolf's iPad, which he forgot to back up. All important data lost. Mercedes blame Red Bull for giving the dog some energy drink.
LOL I hope it doesn't become a repeat of 2022 as it got tedious from that angle, but that did give me a laugh.

It would be nice if Hamilton can be the come back suprise, I still think he should have given up after 2021 but hey it would be exciting if it happened. I do hope Ferrari and Charles get their act together, I honestly thought they would last year but that was proven wrong so quickly.

Whatever happens I'll enjoy it regardless.

Reactions: pachyderm

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Andretti Global and Cadillac announce partnership to pursue entering F1 as Andretti Cadillac:

Bah, what is Cadillac going to do? Throw a couple Turbos on the old 5.3L?

This is right up there with RBRE having FORD on the Rear Wing.

I don’t see Andretti/Cadillac making it. RBR on the other hand really are in a position to profit now that they have their own PU Production as Honda slowly backs off up to 2025. Just cash the check and place the FORD Logo on the RB21.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom

This is right up there with RBRE having FORD on the Rear Wing.

I don’t see Andretti/Cadillac making it. RBR on the other hand really are in a position to profit now that they have their own PU Production as Honda slowly backs off up to 2025. Just cash the check and place the FORD Logo on the RB21.

It’ll be a branded Mercedes or Ferrari power train like we have with Alfa Romeo if it ever goes ahead. I can’t imagine Cadillac producing an F1 engine and it being competitive lol. An odd choice of sport to enter seeing as it’s a global sport and Cadillac is only really popular in the US. Every attempt they’ve had at selling cars in Europe and Asia has been a disaster due to appallingly badly put together cars and ugly chrome filled aesthetics that are a very acquired taste.

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
RBR will be selling their engine to other teams probably, but they will be a few years off. When the new regs kick in I guess.

Seriously this year I hope the changes made at Ferrari make them actually compete! So many opportunities wasted. We want wheel to wheel at the front of the grid as well as the rest of it. I wish every race could be like 2022’s last race! Without the controversy of course. Just the excitement.
Oh and I wish Netflix would scrap Drive to Survive and it’s clever editing of problems…

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA

An odd choice of sport to enter seeing as it’s a global sport and Cadillac is only really popular in the US. Every attempt they’ve had at selling cars in Europe and Asia has been a disaster due to appallingly badly put together cars and ugly chrome filled aesthetics that are a very acquired taste.

The FIA strongly prefer manufacturer backing of any new entrant so this is believed to be why they teamed up with General Motors. GM evidently wants to boost Cadillac's global image so that is why they decided to run their part of the partnership under the Cadillac Racing division and brand the team Andretti-Cadillac.

Speculation is that Honda will provide the initial powerplants to get the team on the grid (since Andretti has a strong relationship with Honda Performance Development), but the goal is to make the team have more "American content" so I would presume GM would be willing to build a dedicated powerplant based on the 2026+ design.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The FIA strongly prefer manufacturer backing of any new entrant so this is believed to be why they teamed up with General Motors. GM evidently wants to boost Cadillac's global image so that is why they decided to run their part of the partnership under the Cadillac Racing division and brand the team Andretti-Cadillac.

Speculation is that Honda will provide the initial powerplants to get the team on the grid (since Andretti has a strong relationship with Honda Performance Development), but the goal is to make the team have more "American content" so I would presume GM would be willing to build a dedicated powerplant based on the 2026+ design.

They have a huge mountain to climb with their image outside of America but good luck to them. Let’s have a proper American team, based there preferably as it will be interesting to see them compete against the rich heritage of British and European engineering. That’s something that interests me more than anything.

Reactions: ericwn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.