Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Do you think you can call to order the Vision Pro or at least to process payment?(since my account apparently rejects my Apple Card)

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Do you think you can call to order the Vision Pro or at least to process payment?(since my account apparently rejects my Apple Card)
I'm not using the Apple Card for the first time!

Just messaged Apple Card and they gave me a measly $500 credit line increase (tiny compared to my $8K limit) - very disappointed with Goldman Sachs.

Putting a $3500 + tax device plus my Apple Watch already on a 0% payment plan would kick my usage to over 50% which is bad for credit scores.

At least the Apple Card CLI was a soft pull.

Instead, I am going to use my Citi Costco card which has a much higher credit limit ($16K) and putting $3500 on so it won't push it past 25% credit usage.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
I'm not using the Apple Card for the first time!

Just messaged Apple Card and they gave me a measly $500 credit line increase (tiny compared to my $8K limit) - very disappointed with Goldman Sachs.

Putting a $3500 + tax device plus my Apple Watch already on a 0% payment plan would kick my usage to over 50% which is bad for credit scores.

At least the Apple Card CLI was a soft pull.

Instead, I am going to use my Citi Costco card which has a much higher credit limit ($16K) and putting $3500 on so it won't push it past 25% credit usage.
My Apple Card has the lowest limit of all my cards but i figured i could finance it with it and get he 3% back…. Unfortunately my card, which has always worked perfect(and still does everywhere else) will not work on apples site suddenly as of two fays ago. neither apple pay or the card itself. Makes no sense and I’ve been through so many “geniuses” trying to get it to.

• Wow
Reactions: 4sallypat

Polinsky

Suspended
Oct 7, 2023
24 hours and 8 minutes to go.

Are they seriously not going to provide any more information about the AVP before preordering goes live?

(I considered starting a new thread for this, but this seems as good as any place to ask the question.)
Yup. It amazes me that Apple seems to be throwing up obstacles to ordering. I would have thought Apple would do everything they could to make pre-ordering as easy as possible.

VermontsFinest

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2020
No. Plan on using a different card. It's likely going to sell out way before you can call in anyway and with a face scan required I doubt they will be taking phone orders. I'll be using my US Bank Altitude Reserve which nets 4.5% back on Apple Pay purchases.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
No. Plan on using a different card. It's likely going to sell out way before you can call in anyway and with a face scan required I doubt they will be taking phone orders. I'll be using my US Bank Altitude Reserve which nets 4.5% back on Apple Pay purchases.
I didnt think anything got that much back on apple pay

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Ok, that sounds like the best plan. I think I’m ready but the only doubt I have is that the card I want to use is a British card (I’m a Brit living temporarily in the US). I’m assuming I can use that card via ApplePay in the Apple Store app, that works for me usually - I bought something small the other day to test that it works. But I have a nagging worry that they might do something to restrict purchases only to people with a US billing address in ApplePay because it’s a US only release. I guess if that does happen I’m screwed.
I can’t even get my Apple Card with a US billing address it’s had for years to work on the Apple Store right now either as just a card or as apple pay. 🤦‍♂️

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I can’t even get my Apple Card with a US billing address it’s had for years to work on the Apple Store right now either as just a card or as apple pay. 🤦‍♂️
You may want to have a second method of payment ready tomorrow morning.

If the Apple card is not accepted, use a second card to get the order in.

Once you get the order in, you can relax and contact Apple customer support and have them change the method of payment to the Apple Card.

This can be done all the way up to "preparing for shipping" message.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
You may want to have a second method of payment ready tomorrow morning.

If the Apple card is not accepted, use a second card to get the order in.

Once you get the order in, you can relax and contact Apple customer support and have them change the method of payment to the Apple Card.

This can be done all the way up to "preparing for shipping" message.
thank you. that helps ease my mind some

davvid97

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015
Do you know how much time is there to pick up an order from the shop when it's ready? I think about ordering one but don't have the plane tickets yet from Europe, when pre ordered it may be ready to pick up on the 02.02.2024 but there may be delays due to the demand right?

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Do you know how much time is there to pick up an order from the shop when it's ready? I think about ordering one but don't have the plane tickets yet from Europe, when pre ordered it may be ready to pick up on the 02.02.2024 but there may be delays due to the demand right?
Do you have a US billing address ?

You may have an issue with the pre-order if Apple sees the credit card billing address outside the USA.

I believe you have up to 7 days from the day the order is ready for pick up at the Apple Store before it will get returned to stock.

Reactions: G5isAlive

davvid97

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015

You may have an issue with the pre-order if Apple sees the credit card billing address outside the USA.

I believe you have up to 7 days from the day the order is ready for pick up at the Apple Store before it will get returned to stock.
Thanks, I don't have US billing address but could try use fictional one, but with a friends' phone number this time, will see...
Apple should change the billing process for international users in USA, when I was in NYC 5th Ave store, I couldn't order a gimbal to be picked up in there the next day - Apple employees in store couldn't successfully help me with ordering it, so had to go to another store that had the gimbal in stock - thankfully there were many apple stores in the USA.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Thanks, I don't have US billing address but could try use fictional one, but with a friends' phone number this time, will see...
Apple should change the billing process for international users in USA, when I was in NYC 5th Ave store, I couldn't order a gimbal to be picked up in there the next day - Apple employees in store couldn't successfully help me with ordering it, so had to go to another store that had the gimbal in stock - thankfully there were many apple stores in the USA.
Do let us know if you were able to order ?

Looks like around 8am EST or 5am PST this thread will be getting busy!

Reactions: SFjohn

WingingIt

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2021

Do we think that's true? Even using a foreign card via ApplePay? If so, I'm screwed too. I'm a Brit living in America so I have an American card, but being new to the American banking system I don't have a big enough credit limit on that. I also have British cards with plenty big enough credit limits that I was intending to use via ApplePay. If those cards, with a US shipping address but UK billing address, don't work then I guess I won't be getting one after all 😔

• Sad

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Do we think that's true? Even using a foreign card via ApplePay? If so, I'm screwed too. I'm a Brit living in America so I have an American card, but being new to the American banking system I don't have a big enough credit limit on that. I also have British cards with plenty big enough credit limits that I was intending to use via ApplePay. If those cards, with a US shipping address but UK billing address, don't work then I guess I won't be getting one after all 😔

There are two distinct issues here that you are raising.

1. Any potential credit limit on a card that you have linked to Apple Pay.
2. The registered billing address for that card.

For (1.), Apple don't control the credit limit - your issuing bank does. If you are able to add you UK issued credit card to Apple Pay, then you can use it.
For (2.) The registered billing address for the card is irrelevant within Apple Pay as far as I can tell.

How do I know this? Because earlier in the week I did a couple of test purchases with a UK issued debit card (I don't 'do' credit cards) that is registered to an address in Thailand, in the US Apple Store, with a US packaging forwarding company (MyUS) delivery address. The package was delivered yesterday.

My bank (Wise) confirmed that as long as there is sufficient money in my account, and that haven't exceeded my monthly spending limit, I can spend as much as I want using Apple Pay.

Whether Apple attempt to do any high value transaction checks of their own at the time of using Apple Pay, I have no idea, so am prepared for the disappointment that it all falls apart at the final hurdle.

Reactions: svnty6rs3

WingingIt

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2021
There are two distinct issues here that you are raising.

1. Any potential credit limit on a card that you have linked to Apple Pay.
2. The registered billing address for that card.

For (1.), Apple don't control the credit limit - your issuing bank does. If you are able to add you UK issued credit card to Apple Pay, then you can use it.
For (2.) The registered billing address for the card is irrelevant within Apple Pay as far as I can tell.

How do I know this? Because earlier in the week I did a couple of test purchases with a UK issued debit card (I don't 'do' credit cards) that is registered to an address in Thailand, in the US Apple Store, with a US packaging forwarding company (MyUS) delivery address. The package was delivered yesterday.

My bank (Wise) confirmed that as long as there is sufficient money in my account, and that haven't exceeded my monthly spending limit, I can spend as much as I want using Apple Pay.

Whether Apple attempt to do any high value transaction checks of their own at the time of using Apple Pay, I have no idea, so am prepared for the disappointment that it all falls apart at the final hurdle.
Much better news! And good to hear you are Wise(TM) like me :)

Yeah, point 1 wasn't related to the ApplePay bit. I just meant that the reason I can't use my US cards to buy the Vision Pro (whether through ApplePay or not) is because I don't have enough available credit on them due to being new to living in America.

But that's moot anyway if I can use a UK card via ApplePay. I think that you're right - I did the same test last week. Ordered something on the US Apple Store for delivery to my US address, paid for by my UK card (with UK billing address) via ApplePay. As you say, worked fine, the item arrived a few days ago.

My worry though is that they may introduce some additional level of checking for the Vision Pro to stop people outside the US ordering them as it is a US only launch. Whether or not your billing address is normally used by ApplePay, the data is there. If I go to settings for Wallet and look at one of my cards, there is a 'billing address' field that is filled out. Maybe Apple usually ignore this field but will choose not to ignore it for the Vision Pro in order to stop non-US people getting one?

I'm probably being paranoid, but this is the worry that may keep me up tonight! 😂

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
I’ll be putting mine on my AMEX to get an extra year of coverage after my AppleCare+ runs out. Should be just about time for a version 2 release… 🤞🏻

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
I've heard rumblings (no confirmation yet) that you still might be able to order through a Mac, and it will just connect to your phone for the scan and send the info back to the Mac.

But even if that was possible, I'm guessing that will add even more time for the whole order process so I'm just gonna try iPhone/iPad directly
i believe this is true. the app store currently states "have an iphone or ipad with FaceID nearby" emphasis on "nearby". If it was mandatory to place your order through the app only on a device that had FaceID, i dont think they would state it with such ambiguity.

so it looks to be separate processes. 1) order from anydevice, 2) fitting on the Apple store app on a mobile device with faceid.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Really thought we would get a bit more info before preorder, but here we are. I am still undecided, will likely preorder, but will be gametime decision seeing how bad the upgrade prices/delivery dates are after a face scan.

Kampy1

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2017
Los Angeles
I’m gonna try to get one… my gut tells me this first batch is gonna sell out immediately, and I’m steeling myself for the disappointment of not scoring one.

This feels a lot like trying to get tickets for U2 at the Sphere

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.