Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
UPS estimated today (12Feb2024) and as of yesterday (11Feb2024) or late Saturday (10Feb2024) it stopped updating and said "delivery...to be rescheduled". At that same time, Apple estimated Thursday, 15Feb2024.

Now Apple is back to 20-27Feb2024 and UPS doesn't have an estimated delivery date. I ordered on 2.2.2024 and my original estimate was early march (can't remember exactly), but all this yo-yoing is driving me up a wall.
I had something similar happen, and it is maddening having your delivery pause and have an unknown delivery date. However, with luck, the delay should not be more than a couple of days (unless there's a really big storm going through the Midwest/East).

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
I know this thread isn't for returns, but I did run into a problem I've never encountered - when trying to return the Vision Pro, the point-of-sale device at my local Apple Store said that the headset could only be returned at the Store where it was purchased (even though it was a web order that I picked up). The staff there, including manager, had never seen that. Some potential factors:
  1. I started an online return first - though they told me this shouldn't matter
  2. I separately cancelled the Zeiss lenses that I ordered before they shipped - though they had a separate order number
  3. I have returned or cancelled several orders lately - partly indecision, partly faulty products - I've probably returned or exchanged 5 of my last 6 or 7 orders. Just trying to be transparent (they did not suggest this was an issue, and none have been near the magnitude of this, price wise - nearly all of those were FineWoven cases)

• Wow
Reactions: 4sallypat

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
I know this thread isn't for returns, but I did run into a problem I've never encountered - when trying to return the Vision Pro, the point-of-sale device at my local Apple Store said that the headset could only be returned at the Store where it was purchased (even though it was a web order that I picked up). The staff there, including manager, had never seen that. Some potential factors:
  1. I started an online return first - though they told me this shouldn't matter
  2. I separately cancelled the Zeiss lenses that I ordered before they shipped - though they had a separate order number
  3. I have returned or cancelled several orders lately - partly indecision, partly faulty products - I've probably returned or exchanged 5 of my last 6 or 7 orders. Just trying to be transparent (they did not suggest this was an issue, and none have been near the magnitude of this, price wise - nearly all of those were FineWoven cases)
Well that's interesting as I started the online label printout returns.
But it does say that I can return it to ANY Apple Store....

Screen Shot 2024-02-13 at 11.01.50 AM.png

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
Well that's interesting as I started the online label printout returns.
But it does say that I can return it to ANY Apple Store....

View attachment 2349011

I spoke with AppleCare by phone - they said they were having a number of issues with online returns, and that they could see a label generated on their end but had to reset (cancel and re-do) the return. "Back end issues" is what I was told.

Regardless, I just made the trek to the original store (about 45 min) and the return was quick and easy. Not sure what caused this little snafu but not the end of the world to resolve. I'm actually returning with the intent of buying the 512 GB model!

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Looks like no availability of any model in any store right now (although delivery is showing open for w/c March 1st). Hoping things get restocked next week, because I so desperately want to pick one of these up on my trip to NY, and am only there for 6 days from Wednesday.

So if everyone could PLEASE post how rubbish this thing is, everywhere all over the internet, just for the next few days to dampen demand, it would be much appreciated :p

Last edited:

sdsvtdriver

macrumors 65816
Jul 31, 2008
Southern California
Ordered 2/9. Got shipping notice 2/12. It got stuck in some gov't clearance status. Apple appear to have sent another a few days ago that has cleared gov't agency and hopefully arrives next week. No official ETA yet. It's been a wait!

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
This has probably been discussed, but just in case…
Last week my local store had a 1 TB available that I quickly bought. When I went to the store to pick it up, they said they actually add my size headbands to the box and seal it in the back room. I thought that was interesting.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
This has probably been discussed, but just in case…
Last week my local store had a 1 TB available that I quickly bought. When I went to the store to pick it up, they said they actually add my size headbands to the box and seal it in the back room. I thought that was interesting.
Why isn’t this getting more attention?

One there aren’t a number of skus for the headbands. Given the low volume this makes sense.

Reactions: fatTribble
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.