Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ensyed

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
If the store has already received delivery but my pickup appt is not till tmrw morning can I just show up early like tonight?
anyone do that?
thx

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
If the store has already received delivery but my pickup appt is not till tmrw morning can I just show up early like tonight?
anyone do that?
thx
You can try of course but no guarantee as time slots are spoken for on a priority for those that have an appointment.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
After spending two days in Alaska and two days in Lexington, KY, my AVP is finally on the move again. :rolleyes: When Apple tells you a specific delivery date, they don't mean a day early do they?

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
After spending two days in Alaska and two days in Lexington, KY, my AVP is finally on the move again. :rolleyes: When Apple tells you a specific delivery date, they don't mean a day early do they?
Nope. My order was originally scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday, Feb 6th). However, my order started moving early this past weekend, with the delivery date moved up (by UPS, not Apple) to today (the 5th). However, my package got gunked up in Lexington and stayed there until a few hours ago. It's moving again and is now re-scheduled for the 6th (the original delivery date).

Whee. I'm just hoping it doesn't fall off some truck.

bamf-hacker

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
The number has been wrong forever, I never noticed it because this never happened, and I have ordered A LOT of stuff from Apple over the years. Everything from accessories to MacBooks ($19-$5000) 😂

The only thing I am thinking is they were trying to combat the non-US people and bots so they were verifying everything

So after 6 canceled orders by Apple I finally got to talk to someone who could give me answers. They were flagging them as fraud because the credit card, order ship to address and my Apple ID were all not the same.

I ended going to the store on launch day and was customer number one to buy one in store. All is good in the world but it would have been nice for Apple to tell me the issue right off the bat instead of me ordering over and over 😂

gerald.d

Cancelled
Oct 20, 2007
Anyone got any insight into general availability at the moment - is it possible to simply walk into an Apple Store and buy from stock?

I'm going to be in NY on the 20th and hoping to pick one up.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Anyone got any insight into general availability at the moment - is it possible to simply walk into an Apple Store and buy from stock?

I'm going to be in NY on the 20th and hoping to pick one up.
Yes, stock levels change daily as each store receives an allocated amount.

You can check availability on the Apple Store page or app.

Some stores will get more while others less.

If you don't pre-pay before you arrive, it's a first come first served for walk ins.

Reactions: gerald.d

Ensyed

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
Anybody having any luck on getting theirs earlier than estimated dates?
My initial delivery window was early march. I ordered one hour after pre orders opened.
But when I tried again I could do a pickup in early Feb. so I cancelled my original order and did a new one for pickup.

Reactions: 4sallypat

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Have any of the Portland, Oregon stores received any Apple Vision Pros?

Pink Panther84

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
Anybody having any luck on getting theirs earlier than estimated dates?

Yes. I placed my order at around 8:30am when preorders went live with an initial delivery date being, March 4th. A week later my delivery date was updated to February 20-27. It’s now been shipped and should be arriving by Thursday according to Apple, but my UPS app is saying Monday.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Yes. I placed my order at around 8:30am when preorders went live with an initial delivery date being, March 4th. A week later my delivery date was updated to February 20-27. It’s now been shipped and should be arriving by Thursday according to Apple, but my UPS app is saying Monday.
UPS app is pretty accurate.

You will know for sure when it updates on Monday morning as "On delivery truck"....

Reactions: Pink Panther84

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
Picked mine up this morning! Only home long enough to take the box out of the car and put it in my home office though, because I’m out with the family all day. Will unbox and hopefully watch the Super Bowl on it this evening (wife has no interest in football, so she’s happy to have the TV tonight!)

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
So apple is taking there time, Friday early afternoon (Eu time zone) my order went to “preparing to ship”, it’s now Monday and it’s still on the same status.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
So apple is taking there time, Friday early afternoon (Eu time zone) my order went to “preparing to ship”, it’s now Monday and it’s still on the same status.
Pre launch order took 9 days after ordering and stayed on preparing to ship for 7 days.

Very normal.

Delivery still happened on launch day 2/2.

leeskizz

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2017
UPS estimated today (12Feb2024) and as of yesterday (11Feb2024) or late Saturday (10Feb2024) it stopped updating and said "delivery...to be rescheduled". At that same time, Apple estimated Thursday, 15Feb2024.

Now Apple is back to 20-27Feb2024 and UPS doesn't have an estimated delivery date. I ordered on 2.2.2024 and my original estimate was early march (can't remember exactly), but all this yo-yoing is driving me up a wall.

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
UPS estimated today (12Feb2024) and as of yesterday (11Feb2024) or late Saturday (10Feb2024) it stopped updating and said "delivery...to be rescheduled". At that same time, Apple estimated Thursday, 15Feb2024.

Now Apple is back to 20-27Feb2024 and UPS doesn't have an estimated delivery date. I ordered on 2.2.2024 and my original estimate was early march (can't remember exactly), but all this yo-yoing is driving me up a wall.
Sounds like a service disruption with UPS.

Delivery days will shift as weather changes at all the airports.

Remember there was a big storm the went thru Anchorage, AK & Louisville, KY.

Don't know what weather there is in China, but any one of those points will cause a service disruption.

Reactions: leeskizz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.