Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quicksnap

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2024
Is most everyone having a positive fitment experience with the Light Seal that Apple suggested via the scanning?
I think so. But I have a little light coming in from around my nose and glare from certain things. Which I thought was the prescription lenses, but when I took them out it still happened.

Reactions: xizdun

upthespurs

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
Got a Sunday pickup from the Apple Store, it's still showing as processing, People who are picking up today when did your status change? Enjoy!

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
Is the outer shipping box significantly bigger than the fancy Apple pro box inside?

Also, did UPS require signatures? Hoping mine comes Monday or Tuesday!

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Is the outer shipping box significantly bigger than the fancy Apple pro box inside?

Also, did UPS require signatures? Hoping mine comes Monday or Tuesday!
The outer cardboard box is slightly larger than the actual AVP box.

UPS did NOT need a signature - was just dropped off and didn't even hear the door bell.

FED-EX too - they just dropped off the extra battery.
AVP.jpeg

roger7

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2016
Central Oregon
For those who have Feb 6 date from Apple and USA address, UPS83 is currently in the air and approaching Anchorage. You can track on FLIGHT AWARE. UPS just provided a delivery date of Monday, Feb 5 for my west coast address and confirmed customs clearance. Per tracking, my package is on that flight after showing in Shangahi for four days. This is one day ahead of the Apple communicated date. Check your UPS tracking for updates.

Reactions: 4sallypat

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
I just switched from an address in Florida to one in Delaware. The date also moved forward from February 20th to the 22nd.

Is it normal for the delivery date to vary like that between states?

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
For those who have Feb 6 date from Apple and USA address, UPS83 is currently in the air and approaching Anchorage. You can track on FLIGHT AWARE. UPS just provided a delivery date of Monday, Feb 5 for my west coast address and confirmed customs clearance. Per tracking, my package is on that flight after showing in Shangahi for four days. This is one day ahead of the Apple communicated date. Check your UPS tracking for updates.
yeah, I noticed that, too. It’s very nice.

I just switched from an address in Florida to one in Delaware. The date also moved forward from February 20th to the 22nd.

Is it normal for the delivery date to vary like that between states?
It seems to be normal for the delivery to take longer, but the times I heard was one day. Maybe it’s two days because of the distance?

Reactions: Donstil-nl

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Came back in here to tell those of you who are still waiting on your hardware: You are in for a treat when it arrives. This thing is no "developer kit". It's a very expensive, very first gen product, yes. It is also mind blowing and worth the money. Just don't overdo it the first day. Your eyes will get tired quickly at first.

Disher

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2024
I picked mine up today and it is really mind blowing how fantastic it is. After my demo, I was a little skeptical. Once I got it home it was easy to set up and get going. A few apps to work on, but in time all is great.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
Mine did ring the doorbell and did require a signature. I had stuck the Release Authorization on the door just in case I wasn’t able to make it to the door.
Mine was left in our parcel box—no signature asked for and I didn’t pre-sign either.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Sister ordered on release day. Initially said 2nd (launch day) then got delayed to the 6th, then to the 22nd, and now it's arriving on the 8th (confirmed on UPS, it's departed China).

So if you have a 20 something ship date, you might get yours much quicker. Who knows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.