Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Just received another 403 - this time, to my surprise - in the Football Thread (when I tried to 'like' a post) in the Community Section which had not happened before now, as every time I had encountered it earlier had occurred in the "privates" section.
You're probably just holding the mouse the wrong way. ;)

But just in case it's the site and not you, we've re-reported the problem to the site engineers. Thanks for letting us know.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
You're probably just holding the mouse the wrong way. ;)

But just in case it's the site and not you, we've re-reported the problem to the site engineers. Thanks for letting us know.

With my 11" MBA, I'm using the trackpad (though probably, yes, the wrong way).....

As - prior to this evening - this had only appeared to me in the "private" section - which is a different section of the site with different rules of access - I hadn't experienced it site wide - I will admit to having been surprised to encounter it in the more general section of the site, especially a thread (on account of the World Cup) which I, and others, visit frequently.

Anyway, thanks very much for reporting it. Much appreciated.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Just received another 403 - this time, to my surprise - in the Football Thread (when I tried to 'like' a post) in the Community Section which had not happened before now, as every time I had encountered it earlier had occurred in the "privates" section.
Do you remember which post it was that you tried to like? Trying to check logs and see if we can find the error.

Reactions: HDSam

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just received another 403 notice in the 'private' section when I tried to post there, a minute ago, specifically, in the thread asking what are you drinking now. My post was about about a blend - of my own devising - of Kenyan and Ethiopian coffee that I am currently sipping.

Now, I managed to post there eventually; however, before the actual post could be posted, I also received notices telling me I needed to wait 30 seconds before attempting to do so.

HDSam

Administrator
Apr 10, 2014
Just received another 403 notice in the 'private' section when I tried to post there, a minute ago, specifically, in the thread asking what are you drinking now. My post was about about a blend - of my own devising - of Kenyan and Ethiopian coffee that I am currently sipping..

Was the 403 message identical to the ones you've seen prior?: "Access to the resource on this server is denied"

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Was the 403 message identical to the ones you've seen prior?: "Access to the resource on this server is denied"

Thanks for reverting.

While I assume so, I was so astonished - it was the first time it happened when I tried to make a post, rather than amend one, - that I didn't actually note the details.

I shall do so the end time it occurs, assuming that happens.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
And more errors: I am receiving "That message could not be found" posts (with the same ominous red and black) when I try to amend a post of my own, or 'like' or access a post written by someone else.
[doublepost=1531773300][/doublepost]And the "alerts" system may need to be looked at.

It keeps flashing up alerts late, or flashing up the same alert on a number of occasions (this is especially noticeable this evening).

Reactions: macintoshmac

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
And now, both when I attempted to 'reply' to @SandboxGeneral and to 'like' his post - nice to see that this is not happening to me solely, the system told me (at least four times) that "the requested post could not be found."
[doublepost=1531773925][/doublepost]
I've noticed that as well.

Ah, now - having posted my own response - rather than immediately responding to yours, the system allows me both to 'like' and to 'reply'.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A '503 Error' appeared today in a post I was writing.

Unfortunately, I was distracted (by a thread) before I could report it, forgot it until now, and cannot quite recall where it appeared.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Another '503' error while trying to click on 'like' fr a post @LizKat had made in an abortion thread.

Aside from that, the forum is slow to open and slow to load, and slow to register stuff such as "likes" today.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Received this just now trying to 'like' a post in a public thread.
Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 8.20.28 PM.png

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.