Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Another one when I clicked to reply to the thread 'What Movie Are You Watching' in the Community Forum.
Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 4.30.59 PM.png

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thank you both. It appears the coding error still exists. I'll let the dev team know to see if it can be resolved as quickly as possible.

Yes, I came across one yesterday also.

I suspect that it has been reduced as I now seem to come across it a lot less then when it was initially reported, but it still turns up - in the 'movie' thread, and - I think - either the books or TV thread.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Another "503 Error" materialised in the Petite iPhones thread, while I had considerable difficulty in opening a page, clicking on 'likes' and making a post in the same thread.

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
Today the forum is almost inaccessible, very slow loading and lots server overload errors.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Today the forum is almost inaccessible, very slow loading and lots server overload errors.
Been seeing that too for a little while, although it seems to have gotten more or less back to normal just recently.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

Been seeing that too for a little while, although it seems to have gotten more or less back to normal just recently.

I'm seeing this as well, plus freezing, hanging, stalling (and, as a consequence) double posts which are a bit of a nuisance.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Another "503 Error" put in an appearance today in the long thread in PRSI that is discussing the Senate hearings on a possible appointment to the SCOTUS.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Just got one in the pc forum, thread DIY Pc Gaming thread on my iPhone. Hit refresh and it worked fine so no biggie. Wasnt sure if someone is tracking these.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
It's [very likely] not thread/area/forum specific, it's just a resource contention issue, it can kind of happen anywhere, in fact, I had one in a Mac area the other day.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
It's [very likely] not thread/area/forum specific, it's just a resource contention issue, it can kind of happen anywhere, in fact, I had one in a Mac area the other day.

Agreed, but when I report them, or anyone else reports them, I have been asked (by the staff) to specify just where the error occurred.

Reactions: LizKat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.