Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Sometimes I notice lags when I type, and I am thinking that this may be that I'm on the site just at the time of a backup or something...... It doesn't always happen and also it does not occur on other sites, so I know it is not the keyboard or settings in the machine.
When you hit reply and nothing happens for about 5-10 seconds? I see that a lot.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
This lag thing for me is when I am actually typing a sentence and sometimes there is a lag in typing a word, and then when I go to delete an error because I've overtyped, it does this weird thing of self-deleting all the letters in the word, even when I had hit only one key for one letter. It is not doing it now, which is what makes me think it is related somehow to the periodic behind-the-scenes backups done during specific times.....

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The "403 Errors" appear much more frequently the using the 'private' forum; above all, they tend to appear when you wish to amend or edit a post you have written (and don't allow you to do so) or when you wish to check alerts from within the private section of the forum (and, again, with the "403 Error" you are denied or refused that action).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.