Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2009
I won't go into details but just because you didn't have problems it doesn't mean others won't.
What you're posting and suggesting goes against many jb dev groups that know about code and the jb process.
So do whatever you want but try not to suggest to others cause you can pursue them to do it the opposite and wrong way trusting you that you know better.
Do you restore to factory settings every time you update or do you use a backup that was created on a jailbroken device?

Like I said, worst case you could restore if it caused any problems, but I know a lot of people who do it this way and don't have problems. It's not just my own experience.

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
Think I will wait till Springtomize is sorted out as I have my ip6 just the way I want it!

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
I jailbroke last night and it has been working well. All the tweaks I had are working just fine. No noticeable battery drain or any other issues.

I just installed virtual home 8. Awesome tweak! Does anyone knows if it drains battery? I have quick unlock and touch on vibrate off.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
8.1.1 Jailbreak available

Springtomize has been updated for 8.1.1

that was fast

qHmFsLh.jpg

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Click the blue download button.

http://www.taig.com/tutorial.html translation:

"Verify that your system is iOS 8 - 8.1.1

Method to check the System Version
Settings → General → About

Note: If you have OTA upgraded, the jailbreak may fail.
Please download the latest system firmware and then attempt to jailbreak.
Click here for system upgrades and jailbreak tutorial.

Please back up your important data before the jailbreak

Please use iTunes to back up important data
This avoids unnecessary data loss.

Disable your lock screen password, and "Find My iPhone" feature.

Please disable the lock screen password, and "Find My iPhone" feature, then perform the jailbreak. Otherwise it will cause the jailbreak to fail.

1. To turn off the lock screen password: Settings → Password → Turn off password
2. Disable "Find My iPhone": Settings → iCloud → Find My iPhone → Click to disable"

Yeah, so I downloaded the JB. shut off password and find my phone, plugged in my iPhone and invoked the JB .exe file.

Then what?

Then I was taken via my web browser to a page I presume was in Chinese.
So...what is it exactly I am supposed to do to JB my 6+? Please, specific, step by step instructions...please.

I have JB'd four previous phones, but I could follow the directions. There aren't any I can read with thisJB.

Thanks!

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
JB last night via taig on 8.1.1 and noticing a big difference on SwiftKey opening up swiftly. Definitely a keyboard fix!!

Yea I noticed the same thing. There were bug fixes in the 8.1.1 update that Apple did not publish. I've always been a fan of using the most up-to-date firmware if its able to be jailbroken.

Skizzy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2013
8.1.1 Jailbreak available

Is the mirror link the latest version 1.0.2?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2011
I won't go into details but just because you didn't have problems it doesn't mean others won't.
What you're posting and suggesting goes against many jb dev groups that know about code and the jb process.
So do whatever you want but try not to suggest to others cause you can pursue them to do it the opposite and wrong way trusting you that you know better.

So should I not upgrade to 8.1.1 if it's on something earlier when my new 6 arrives?

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2007
So should I not upgrade to 8.1.1 if it's on something earlier when my new 6 arrives?

His comment was about the method used to restore to 8.1.1..not whether or not you should upgrade. Do yourself a favor and read the thread and read the instructions (and recommendations) on restoring before you jailbreak.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
Need some advice..am in IOS 8.1 now with Pangu and not sure about whether I should update my iPad Air 2 to IOS 8.1.1..not familiar with this jailbreak, just downloaded it but have not used it yet..would I have to install it the same way as I did Pangu..turn on airplane mode, turn OFF touch ID and passcode, then turn it back on once the jailbreak is complete..is it basically the same kind of instructions? And Springtomize works just fine with IOS 8.1.1? Might go ahead and install this tomorrow, why not, mind as well be on the latest firmware just want to make sure everything is the way its supposed to be before I do

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Need some advice..am in IOS 8.1 now with Pangu and not sure about whether I should update my iPad Air 2 to IOS 8.1.1..not familiar with this jailbreak, just downloaded it but have not used it yet..would I have to install it the same way as I did Pangu..turn on airplane mode, turn OFF touch ID and passcode, then turn it back on once the jailbreak is complete..is it basically the same kind of instructions? And Springtomize works just fine with IOS 8.1.1? Might go ahead and install this tomorrow, why not, mind as well be on the latest firmware just want to make sure everything is the way its supposed to be before I do

Yes most everything is the same. You will want to uncheck the box above the Cydia one. That installs the Chinese AppStore...

Springtomize had a update today and most everything is working except the hiding of the statusbar symbols.

There are some YouTube walk through videos from redsnow and such for the taig jailbreak.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
Yes most everything is the same. You will want to uncheck the box above the Cydia one. That installs the Chinese AppStore...

Springtomize had a update today and most everything is working except the hiding of the statusbar symbols.

There are some YouTube walk through videos from redsnow and such for the taig jailbreak.

Yeah as long as everything is working properly and I wont have Safari in Chinese then its all good :)
Will make sure to uncheck the box so that I dont get the Chinese Appstore..am going to try it on my iPod Touch now, I always use that as my guinea pig tester and once it works will do the same with the iPad Air 2 in the morning..with Pangu, I had issues with the iPad sometimes looping, hopefully wont have that issue with this jailbreak..and with this jailbreak, no TaiG icon left behind on the jailbreak like it is with Pangu?

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Yeah as long as everything is working properly and I wont have Safari in Chinese then its all good :)
Will make sure to uncheck the box so that I dont get the Chinese Appstore..am going to try it on my iPod Touch now, I always use that as my guinea pig tester and once it works will do the same with the iPad Air 2 in the morning..with Pangu, I had issues with the iPad sometimes looping, hopefully wont have that issue with this jailbreak..and with this jailbreak, no TaiG icon left behind on the jailbreak like it is with Pangu?

Correct no taig icon. New version of taig came out yesterday I think it was 1.2 but only thing that changed is you can remove Chinese AppStore from cydia now if you forget to uncheck it. Best of luck it was very easy. I always set up as new so that's my biggest pain...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.