Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoconnell

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Rockville (Despite REM's plea.)
MBA Model: 2.13/SSD (refurb)
Display ID: 9C8F
Line Status: None - perfect display!
Place Purchased: Online Apple Store (refurb)

So, do I have one of the rare, coveted "9CAF" screens? It's absolutely gorgeous.

This is fairly interesting discovery. Kind of makes one wonder if the reason it went into the refurb market was a bad screen and it was replaced with a 9C8F model either knowingly or luck of the draw. Enjoy it.

coolbreeze

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2003
UT
This is fairly interesting discovery. Kind of makes one wonder if the reason it went into the refurb market was a bad screen and it was replaced with a 9C8F model either knowingly or luck of the draw. Enjoy it.
So this is a good thing, I suppose? Thought I was just lucky. Maybe I'm very lucky? Whatever the case, I LOVE it.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    355.7 KB · Views: 130

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
MBA Model: 2.13/SSD (refurb)
Display ID: 9C8F
Line Status: None - perfect display!
Place Purchased: Online Apple Store (refurb)

So, do I have one of the rare, coveted "9CAF" screens? It's absolutely gorgeous.

Welcome to the 9C8F club :cool:

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I hope it's true that the refurbs may not have the line issue. I have one ordered (1.86 SSD).

muronero

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2009
MBA Model: 2.13/SSD
Display ID: 9C90
Line Status: slightly affected, but very acceptable. (i rarely notice them)
Place Purchased: Apple shop (hong kong)

MBA Model: 1.86/HD
Line Status: affected but kinda ok (not bad afterall), mt gf didn't notice them (so i didn't say anything.. once you start seeing them it can be annoying, at least for me)
Place Purchased: Apple shop (hong kong)

Scottsdale

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Too bad that this didn't happen sooner. I wonder why/how it ended up in a refurb 2.13??? Wonder if Apple replaced a returned unit's display with a better display? Would be nice to learn of others???

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
Too bad that this didn't happen sooner. I wonder why/how it ended up in a refurb 2.13??? Wonder if Apple replaced a returned unit's display with a better display? Would be nice to learn of others???
Not by accident I think.

A couple more confirmations of the refurb rev.Cs having the 9C8F display would be most welcome. Even if I've decided to skip the rev.C myself.

laff

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2009
Rev C - try #2

Line Status: Very, very Slightly Affected.
Place Purchased: Apple.com (USA)

I had a Rev A, it was a brighter screen - I think better over all. I purchased a Rev C about 5 weeks ago and returned it due to the lines more noticeable. I am getting a little dark shadowing in the left bottom corner on the screen. Seems to be the coating on the screen as moving my head to the side makes it disappear.

Overall good, but for $1800....they should be better. I would of purchased a 13" MBP if I never had the MBA Rev A and realize a thin and 1.5lbs does feel different and enjoyable to carry.

I will see how it goes.

GeekGirl*

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Line Status: Very, very Slightly Affected.
Place Purchased: Apple.com (USA)

I had a Rev A, it was a brighter screen - I think better over all. I purchased a Rev C about 5 weeks ago and returned it due to the lines more noticeable. I am getting a little dark shadowing in the left bottom corner on the screen. Seems to be the coating on the screen as moving my head to the side makes it disappear.

Overall good, but for $1800....they should be better. I would of purchased a 13" MBP if I never had the MBA Rev A and realize a thin and 1.5lbs does feel different and enjoyable to carry.

I will see how it goes.
I had a B and C went back to a A!

skysoul

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2009
lines

Line Status: Severely Affected, VERY yellowish
Place Purchased: Apple Reseller, Hong Kong

Quite happy using it, except for all those visible lines and sometimes i feel giddy working on the MBA for too long. hmmm....Dont have that experience with Mac 13' pro...

I will just wait for a couple of months first, than i will send it in for replacement, hopefully by then they have a steady pool of good inventory..
:D

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
MBA Model: 1.86/SSD
Line Status: No Lines!
Place Purchased: Apple Store (Regent Street, London)

nman040

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2008
MBA Model: 2.13/SSD - refurbished
Line Status: no lines - absolutely perfect (and I'm extremely OCD with these kinda things. Suppose this is redemption for my washed out 3GS screen)
Place Purchased: Online store - New Zealand

Looks like refurb is the way to go.

MBA is only 6 weeks old. 7 cycles on the batt- unrelated I know I'm just extremely pleased with my purchase :D

caonimadebi

macrumors regular
May 7, 2009
I have a 9C8F (on a 1.6/120GB) that is slightly yellowish (i tried supercal but didn't really help) and no lines. I just sent it in for some minor scuffing on the bezel by trackpad button. The genius told me they're replacing the whole display, and now I wonder which screen I'll be getting back...

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
MBA Model: 1.86/SSD - Apple Refurbished
Line Status: Absolutely no lines- Just got it today and the display looks great- bright and very sharp- much better than my 2007 Blackbook.
Place Purchased: Apple online store

Maybe Apple refurbs have had the line issue fixed? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.