Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ilker Acikhan

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
Got this BS last night, all cores at 100%
Restart did not resolve anything,
i saw in Little Snitch that "commerce" is sending endlessly data to init.icloud.apple.com (not much around 120kb/s)

i solved that problem with a quick LOGOUT via Settings -> Apple Id.
then relogin, after some seconds everything went "ok"

thank you bro its worked Catalina 10.15.7 and today is 26.september 2020

Magnus Wehus

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2020
This issue just started happening to me now as well after last update. MacBook Pro is now completely useless.

Logging out of Apple ID worked, but problem came back after logging back in.

paukivbashne

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
Ukraine
for me it started yesterday just before the update.
i think the issue is with apple servers because i tried my old icloud account and it works fine.
however when im trying to log in into my current account everything just hangs and lots of cpu usage from accountsd deamon and the only fix in my case is to sign out again and kill the accountsd process

adp-20

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2020
Hello all, I have the same issue now, and after some googling I found this thread. So this problem started suddenly today. Nothing seems to work so far to resolve this. Keychain Access is giving error messages (unknown error, keychain not found etc.) Resetting the keychains doesn't work (won't reset). Would be really happy to see a solution come up. I'm currently downloading the Catalina 10.15.7 update, and I will let you know whether it works for me or not.

aliks123

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
Hello all, I have the same issue now, and after some googling I found this thread. So this problem started suddenly today. Nothing seems to work so far to resolve this. Keychain Access is giving error messages (unknown error, keychain not found etc.) Resetting the keychains doesn't work (won't reset). Would be really happy to see a solution come up. I'm currently downloading the Catalina 10.15.7 update, and I will let you know whether it works for me or not.

same issue here. Started like half an hour ago. What is going on?

Robin Bock

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
Exactly the same problem. It started Friday 25. MacBook Pro 13 inch completely useless. ?. I need to work for school?. Do you know what I could do ?

aliks123

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
Exactly the same problem. It started Friday 25. MacBook Pro 13 inch completely useless. ?. I need to work for school?. Do you know what I could do ?
Log out of Apple id in settings. This worked for me so far. But I didn’t dare to log in again until now

Robin Bock

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
I think That this 10.15.7 Update just killed the Mail App more than she was before ??. They sell us fitness programs and game subscription but they can’t even make a working mailing application ??. I don’t know if I need to laugh or to cry ??

• Sad
Reactions: asv56kx3088

aliks123

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
I think That this 10.15.7 Update just killed the Mail App more than she was before ??. They sell us fitness programs and game subscription but they can’t even make a working mailing application ??. I don’t know if I need to laugh or to cry ??
I don’t know if it has something to do with 10.15.7. I didn’t install this one until now. I would suspect some Apple internal server error since this issue appeared although I didn’t change any part of the system.

Alex van Es

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2020
This problem started for me about a week ago on 10.15.6.. updating to 10.15.7 doesnt make a difference. I see some people writing it's related to wifi or mail.. but in my case (imac 2019) it happens sometimes when mail is not even open (and I dont use wifi).
The problem seems at random, when it happens and I reboot things are sometimes fine again.. and then out of the blue the next day i have this problem again. I tried some of the above tips but they don't work for me.

Reactions: Robin Bock

marcel665

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2020
Germany
This problem started for me this morning (27th of Sept. 2020). accountsd went up to 900% and commerce is using about 80% continuously.
I Open core Catalina install on MacPro 2010, after the problem started I updated Catalina to 10.15.7 - no change.
I do not run any exchange accounts on this installation. The Mail Prefs are very laggy. I tried to uncheck the automatic setting of each email account (2 iCloud, 3 IMAP (Ionos), 1 web.de, and one Gmail. I could not uncheck the "automatic box" of the Ionos accounts. After signing out of my main icloud account I can handle the prefs of Mail again.
Now try to fix this.... - Sunday mornings are nice.

Vadim Kulikov

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2020
Had this issue this morning and have been fixing the whole day... Thank you, Apple!
I've deleted /library/mail and /com.apple.mail folders, logged out from AppleID, and rebooted the system. Solved the issue for me.

mindquest

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2009
Same problem this morning running 10.15.7 for awhile. Logged out of Apple ID, rebooted and signed back in. accountsd is back to normal.

Thefirethief

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2019
NL
I just had this happen to me on both my 2018 Mac Mini and my 2012 MacBook Pro. Both wee updated to 10.15.7 last week, but they didn’t show this behavior before today.

I just don’t understand it, this is ridiculous.

_Maverick

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2020
problem solved on my MBP mid 2010 Catalina 10.15.7 with this way:

1) Open Apple ID
2) click iCloud
3) uncheck everything and check again everything

Last edited:

pxnghi

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2020
Catalina 10.15.6
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Have done tons of fixes here and there
Finally signing out AppleID fixed it, don't know exactly which one is the correct solution
I've not signed in back yet, just back to my work first, will try signing in and update to 10.16.7 when I have lunch :|

edit: signed in back for more than 3 hours, still ok

Last edited:

brssnkl

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2014
Catalina 10.15.7
MacBook Pro (Touch Bar) 15-inch 2017

Same as pxnghi, only signing out of Apple ID from settings fixed it for me.

István Sipos

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2020
We also noticed this... For me it started suddenly today morning (in Romania) and a teammate encountered this issue yesterday and today on 2 different Macbooks in Netherlands. We all use Catalina 10.15.6. For me, deleting some unused gmail accounts (I had 4 of them) and an old work account (that stopped working 3 years ago) from the Mail.app fixed the problem instantly. I'm not sure which of them caused the problem but now accountsd barely uses any CPU. It stay at 0% most of the time...

Tygernoot

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2003
Brussels
The same problem here after I restarted my mini this morning. I upgraded to the latest Catalina version, but that didn't help.

This worked for me:

I moved (rather than deleted) the keychain folder and rebooted. Still the same problem and iCloud preferences complaining I needed to provide my password for all functionality to work. Despite entering it 10 times, it didn't do anything. I then signed out completely out of iCloud, rebooted, logged in again, and it worked.

The annoying thing with logging out of iCloud (and why I hate doing that as a troubleshooting step) is that it also wipes all cached photos of the shared albums, and it needs to redownload it all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.