Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
Dodged a bullet today I guess. What a dumb situation, though. Two stores yesterday told me to line up before the 8am opening today and I had a hunch that none would come between their closing and 8am - unless they were lying about stock the day before and holding a box or two over.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Dodged a bullet today I guess. What a dumb situation, though. Two stores yesterday told me to line up before the 8am opening today and I had a hunch that none would come between their closing and 8am - unless they were lying about stock the day before and holding a box or two over.

Ya i was told by my local apple store to line up to in the morning, before they open.

I-Bot

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
My City
Alright, so it's about to be day 3 for some people in Australia and other countries in that part of the world, so let's see how people are doing with day 3 of availability in the U.S. which won't be for a while except for those at the Apple Store fifth avenue in NYC which is open 24/7 365 days a year. But anywho, for anyone who is getting better luck on day 3 availability at Apple Store when time comes around, let us know. This game of cat and mouse is really starting to get annoying, just supply your stores with enough stock apple, geez!

walshy1009

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2012
Victoria, Australia
Aussie represent here. The Doncaster store in Victoria showed available stock for pickup for a good 10 minutes a while ago before it went back to back order. I managed to get my order in and am going to go pick them up tonight. Good luck to all who are still trying to get their hands on a unit.

Reactions: ColoArtist

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
0303fe7022166cfe589e8a359ac18f06.png

Best Buy has December 22/23 delivery back on for a second

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I see December 22-23 delivery right now too, but it says "This item is currently unavailable for online purchase. The item was not added to your cart." when I try and do just that.

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
And now I got them added, but get this:
"We're sorry, but these items are not available to be shipped to that address:
Apple - AirPods - White"

Both my CA and MA addresses return this error.

Sebap3

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Retail stores are getting them daily at random times. Today after work around 2:30pm the grand central store in NYC had them and they sold out right before me. Then...
Few hours ago the Apple Store in Short hills mall in NJ showed stock so I ordered them online and picked 2 up about an hour after ordering.
From what I noticed the stores don't get them at night and sell in the morning. They get them during the day at random times and then they sell them. Checking istocknow is the best option IMO.

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
i ordered a pair yesterday from best buy noticed after my order went through for a thursday delivery wishing i got one more pair for myself now its sold out :( ahh well feb is around the corner least my wife will be happy since its her birthday on thursday.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Retail stores are getting them daily at random times. Today after work around 2:30pm the grand central store in NYC had them and they sold out right before me. Then...
Few hours ago the Apple Store in Short hills mall in NJ showed stock so I ordered them online and picked 2 up about an hour after ordering.
From what I noticed the stores don't get them at night and sell in the morning. They get them during the day at random times and then they sell them. Checking istocknow is the best option IMO.

Well that is frustrating, I hope they have some for when they open the store.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Check the Apple site. I just got one (although there's many stores within a (sane) distance where I live). I was checking the site on and off today and they were popping up. The first time I tried (two locations) I took to long at checkout (about 30 seconds :D ). Then one popped and I was ready. It was about a ten minute drive.

That other site is good as it will give you total info at a glance, but the problem with that is you will be way to late by the time you switch sites, assuming it's the Apple Store your after.

Last edited:

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Check the apple site. I just got one (although there's many stores within a (sane) distance where I live). I was checking the site on and off today and they were popping up. The first time I tried (two locations) I took to long at checkout (about 30 seconds :D ). Then one popped and I was ready. It was about a ten minute drive.
I wish that worked, tried doing that and even went to 2 local stores & they said they got zero.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I wish that worked, tried doing that and even went to 2 local stores & they said they got zero.

Did you make an online reservation to pick it up once it was in stock? They tend to sell out within a minute of showing up on iStockNow or the Apple site.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013

Going to a store cold is a bad idea at this point as this stock checker is very precise for in-store pickup. Just keep checking (a lot). They get shipments all hours of the business day. Stock showed up at 7:20pm at this store I got mine at, so I had an hour and a half to get there.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Did you make an online reservation to pick it up once it was in stock? They tend to sell out within a minute of showing up on iStockNow or the Apple site.
I used the online reservation to see if they are in stock, I used the pickup option and it I did not see any and when I went to the stores and talked to the sales people there they said they got zero in the whole day.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Going to a store cold is a bad idea at this point as this stock checker is very precise for in-store pickup.

Exactly. You wouldn't even be able to get one if you were in the store when they got the shipment in. The fresh shipment will be immediately taken by people reserving online before an employee can fetch one from the back for you.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I used the online reservation to see if they are in stock, I used the pickup option and it I did not see any and when I went to the stores and talked to the sales people there they said they got zero in the whole day.

Most of the employees won't know if they got any stock in because their stock checkers (on their POS devices) wouldn't reflect any stock being available, due to all of it going to online reservations.

The stock checkers are 100% accurate. If you don't manage to order online in time, there is no way you'll get the device by visiting the store. I find iStockNow to be easier to refresh than Apple's stock checker, so I like to refresh every 5 minutes or so. Nothing so far has shown up in my area, but it's a matter of trying for long enough.

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
Most of the employees won't know if they got any stock in because their stock checkers (on their POS devices) wouldn't reflect any stock being available, due to all of it going to online reservations.

The stock checkers are 100% accurate. If you don't manage to order online in time, there is no way you'll get the device by visiting the store.
Ahh ok so should I just check online when they open and around noon to see if they get some in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.