Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marclondon

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2009
London
I've been a rock solid Mac user since the early 1990s but I have never had an iPhone. If I was into other mobile Apple stuff maybe I'd go iPhone. Instead I've had mostly Samsung Galaxy phones in recent years but my current blower is a Google Pixel 6, which is probably the best phone I've had particularly for its clean Android and instant availability of latest updates just like iPhones. It also cost only £299, which is an absolute bargain for a phone with premium features.

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
Yeah the idea was replacing the iPhone and iPad mini with a Fold 5 and running that together with my Windows desktop and iPad Pro 12.9” that acts as my laptop.

Unfortunately my credit card company (AMEX) doesn’t support any Android wallets.

And yeah the fingerprint reader on my Fold 2, it’s just that if I am quickly taking out my phone to change the playlist my thumb will not be near the reader normally. So it is more convenient to just swipe up to open the phone.

If Android does something for you that iOS can’t I would really see a reason to switch, which is what I’ve been trying to find. It’s just for my usage both systems work equally well and I’ve always found Apples way a bit more polished so I prefer it.

I just want a foldable because I ove the hardware, the problem is motivating breaking out of the Apple ecosystem just for the phone hardware when I really prefer the Apple ecosystem and software.
Amex, at least in the UK, works with samsung pay and google wallet.

ofarlig

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2015
Sweden
Amex, at least in the UK, works with samsung pay and google wallet.

Well not over here, only Apple Pay. Same goes for a lot of things really and some have a delayed release, I remember the digital key for my BMW worked on launch day for the iPhone 14 Pro Max but it took months for the Fold 4 to get support and so on. So me going Android impacts a lot more other choices in my life than using iOS does which is sad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.