Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbookairman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2008
Nebraska
His most recent posting:
Joe Hewitt (Facebook) wrote
at 4:16am
The update has been submitted to Apple, so it is in their hands now. I have no idea when it will be available on the App Store, but I hope it is very soon.

jstanier

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Brighton, England.
Turnaround for applications is about 5 working days (ish) from my own experience. Although the Facebook iPhone site is very good in its own right, I end up using the two interchangeably. :)

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
omg, I can't wait. The current version is just a trickle of what the real Facebook is. I can't wait. Hurry up Apple...please...!

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
ok it's been 3 days now since the submission of the facebook app. Geez, c'mon. It's friday. At least let us have it before the weekend! I'm so damn anxious to get the new facebook app!!!

Apple if you are reading this. Please put it on the iTunes store now!!!! Quit messing with us.

Apple needs to do something about this approval process to speed things up. It's so damn slow! Maybe hire more people!

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
ok it's been 3 days now since the submission of the facebook app. Geez, c'mon. It's friday. At least let us have it before the weekend! I'm so damn anxious to get the new facebook app!!!

Apple if you are reading this. Please put it on the iTunes store now!!!! Quit messing with us.

Apple needs to do something about this approval process to speed things up. It's so damn slow! Maybe hire more people!

agreed. what the hell do they need to review the app update for? at least bigger companies should be offered some kind of express review process.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
I seriously hope Apple does something about this app aproval thing. Cause things are just gonna get slower and slower if Apple keeps this up. The amount of apps and developers are growing day by day.

They need to come up with a new plan to speed things up. I am very upset with how terribly slow this process is.

I hope somebody mentions this to Apple.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
I know of two applications where updates took two or three weeks from their time of submission to approval.

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
wow. calm the hell down. its just an app. some of you people make waiting a few extra days to be the end of the god damn world or something.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
wow. calm the hell down. its just an app. some of you people make waiting a few extra days to be the end of the god damn world or something.

You mean it's NOT the end of the world if this doesn't come out soon?!?!?! :D

I'm super-excited about getting the update too, though I'm aware of how long it can be, and will wait patiently for it. And I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but Apple's not going to rush the update out just because someone asks them to in this thread. Just an FYI... :rolleyes:

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Is it my imagination or is the screenshot for facebook in the appstore the new version? It's not showing up as an updated and is still listed as v1.1, but this looks different to the version I have installed...

Picture2.png

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Yeah that definitely is the new facebook if I'm not mistaken. So I think this means we can see a facebook update tomorrow?

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
That is definitely not the current version of the app, so I would say that there is a very good chance that we will now see the update within a day or two. But the description of the app has remained the same.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Yeah that's Facebook 2.0 - check on their website.
I think the author updates the screenshot/image him/herself so don't count on it, but lets hope.

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Screen shots for updated apps always go up before the app is available...nothing new.

I'm sure it'll be out within a week.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I seriously hope Apple does something about this app aproval thing. Cause things are just gonna get slower and slower if Apple keeps this up. The amount of apps and developers are growing day by day.

They need to come up with a new plan to speed things up. I am very upset with how terribly slow this process is.

I hope somebody mentions this to Apple.

Um, it takes time to review apps to make sure that they work as advertised and don't mess up your iPhone. There are more and more apps being submitted, which means there are more apps to review. That takes time.

People criticized Apple for providing shoddy firmware (2.0) and complaining that they rushed it. Now they're taking their time to make sure things work right, and people criticize that too. I'm not an Apple fanboi, but seriously, let them do their thing.

But, sure, I'll mention it to Apple for you.

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
nice! hopefully we should see the new facebook 2.0 out any time now! I cannot wait for this app! Looks nice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.