Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
looks like the iPhone version I get when using safari......

If you have nothing decent to contribute, then please don't. I think I can fairly say we're all aware that Facebook has an iPhone-optimized site, although some users need a native application for their own reasons.

Digipimp

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Texas
If you have nothing decent to contribute, then please don't. I think I can fairly say we're all aware that Facebook has an iPhone-optimized site, although some users need a native application for their own reasons.

youre missing his point, the iphone optimized site was updated as well to reflect the new look and function of facebook so the iphone optimized site is at the moment better than the app. when the app updates to all the new function that the site iphone optimized and regular has then it will be the best way to go.

Lexoticstylez02

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Orlando, Florida
youre missing his point, the iphone optimized site was updated as well to reflect the new look and function of facebook so the iphone optimized site is at the moment better than the app. when the app updates to all the new function that the site iphone optimized and regular has then it will be the best way to go.

The Safari version appears the same as it always has to me..

Digipimp

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2003
Texas
Even still, you seem to miss the point that it isn't a native application.

reread what i said. the new updated iphone optimized facebook site is better than the 1.x facebook app. the new facebook app will be better than the iphone optimized site however its not out yet.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
quit your absolutely useless and misplaced online regression. its sad.

If you mean 'aggression', how is that aggression?
As far as i'm aware it was simply a misunderstanding, possibly on both parties. Now Digipimp has explained exactly what he meant, I understand what he means. So, thanks.

Digipimp
Ah I see, because you didn't say this [new/old] I assumed that you meant instead of, thanks for clearing that :p:eek:

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
Glad to see it doesn't incorrectly say you've installed the App just for logging in.

This version is certainly much more polished and usable -- photo albums actually display all the pictures!

Good work to the facebook iPhone team. It's everything it should have been from day one.

digbyp

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
v2 Freezes

As soon as I start Facebook v2, at the user name and password screen it freezes. Will not input from keypad. Can only hold 'ome' button for 6 seconds to quit app

velvetelvis

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
As soon as I start Facebook v2, at the user name and password screen it freezes. Will not input from keypad. Can only hold 'ome' button for 6 seconds to quit app

turn your phone off then on again. mine did the same thing.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
If you mean 'aggression', how is that aggression?
As far as i'm aware it was simply a misunderstanding, possibly on both parties. Now Digipimp has explained exactly what he meant, I understand what he means. So, thanks.

Digipimp
Ah I see, because you didn't say this [new/old] I assumed that you meant instead of, thanks for clearing that :p:eek:

he meant regression. Go look it up.

Anyway the new version is nice. I can't wait for v2.0.1 since it crashed when I first opened it and tried to input my username and password. However since then it has been butter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.