Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Anyone backed this?

Wow yes I completely forgot. I backed both Click and Adappt, I'm curious to see which ships first (if Adaapt even reaches their goal). I have requested metal on both of the them, so even if I get both I can make a comparison video and sell the ones I like the least.

I've also been eyeballing a stand for the last few months. No particular manufacture but I have been wanting one. I'll probably buy the Spigen one but we'll see.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I preordered the blue leather loop and a second charge cable in a separate order this morning. I had already ordered a screen protector which I've already got. I'll decide once I get my watch whether to use it or not.

greychocobo

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2011
I bought some screen protectors a few weeks ago and they have already arrived. Skinomi was the brand IIRC. Is was a pack of 6 for $10 available for the 42 and 38mm. I can put up with scratches on a screen protector, but I cannot with the scratches on the glass because then I know my toy has been ruined. :(

Have you tried the stainless steel in store? It looks like a scratch magnet tho :/

dilap

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2014
London, UK
I bought some screen protectors a few weeks ago and they have already arrived. Skinomi was the brand IIRC. Is was a pack of 6 for $10 available for the 42 and 38mm. I can put up with scratches on a screen protector, but I cannot with the scratches on the glass because then I know my toy has been ruined. :(

How are they? Where did you find them?

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I bought the Nomad pod because I know that I will forget to charge the thing occasionally and I want a charging option for work and on the go.

Jackmalyono

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
I preordered the blue leather loop and a second charge cable in a separate order this morning. I had already ordered a screen protector which I've already got. I'll decide once I get my watch whether to use it or not.
Where did you get it from ? how much is the screen protector ? is it glass tampered ?

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I bought the Nomad pod because I know that I will forget to charge the thing occasionally and I want a charging option for work and on the go.

Same here. It's says it will ship in June plus I didn't preorder and I'm fine with waiting til June to try my hand at ordering for in store pick up.

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Anyone buy any accessories too?

I bought two SS watches (on 42mm with classic leather band and one 38mm with black modern buckle) at 12:02am. Then went back on two separate orders and bought a 42mm white sport band and a extra charging cable. You grab anything els?

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Have you tried the stainless steel in store? It looks like a scratch magnet tho :/

No I going in later today to try them (about 3 hours). That's the first thing I thought of and part of the reason I bought the Sport this go-round.

How are they? Where did you find them?

They feel pretty good and remind me of Zagg's HD protectors. I haven't had a chance to see how clear they are.

Here's the Amazon link for the 42mm. The price has gone down because I paid $9.99 just a few weeks ago. Not affiliated in any way.

sfwalter

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Dallas Texas

Ambush083

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
I bought two SS watches (on 42mm with classic leather band and one 38mm with black modern buckle) at 12:02am. Then went back on two separate orders and bought a 42mm white sport band and a extra charging cable. You grab anything els?

Aloha,

I bought the SS Milanese. As an accessory I also picked up the black sports straps because I think it would be nice for working out or other less dressy occassions. We'll see!

On the same topic, but not from Apple Store, I picked up the MiTagg charging station for the iPhone and Apple Watch. Here's a LINK. Picture below.

Attachments

• mitagg-nudock-power-system-lamp-charges-your-iphone-and-apple-watch-0.jpg
    mitagg-nudock-power-system-lamp-charges-your-iphone-and-apple-watch-0.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 218

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
Nothing from Apple, but I did back the Premium One W3 dock. Won't get it until at least June, but I can wait.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/289346553/premium-one-dock-and-charge-apple-watch-and-iphone?ref=discovery

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I have preordered the 42mm SS with black sport band. Along with it I had also in separate order preordered the blue leather loop. Having gone to a try out session earlier today I really liked the blue leather loop but also the Milanese loop so I have preordered that too. I may end up returning one or the other but haven't decided on that yet.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1516117990/click-the-first-watch-band-adapter-for-apple-watch

Anyone backed this?

I backed it yesterday. For the price, I can use a really nice sterling band and have the best of all worlds.

----------

I ordered Pad and Quills stand last month. It ships Mid May http://www.padandquill.com/apple-watch-accessories/luxury-pocket-stand-for-apple-watch.html

----------

Yes I backed it. Lets see if it actually ships in Mid June. Most Kick Starters are delayed beyond their original date.

Depends on the project.

I also backed https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/289346553/premium-one-dock-and-charge-apple-watch-and-iphone to dock and charge my Apple watch, iPhone, and iPad.

campingsk8er

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2011
Elizabethtown, PA
For the past couple of weeks, I have said that I was ordering the 42mm Space Grey Apple Watch Sport and that later down the line (like in a couple months) I would purchase the Milanese loop after I had some more money saved up. Well I ordered the watch right at 3:01AM this morning and completed my order and then in a spur of the moment and panic, I went ahead and also ordered the Milanese loop.

Locoboof

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Bay Area,Cali
Those are some nice docking stations guys!

----------

I have preordered the 42mm SS with black sport band. Along with it I had also in separate order preordered the blue leather loop. Having gone to a try out session earlier today I really liked the blue leather loop but also the Milanese loop so I have preordered that too. I may end up returning one or the other but haven't decided on that yet.

I see you got your SS! Yes!! That Milanese seems to have won everyone over today! Lol

Glene

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Ft Lauderdale
42 ss sports ordered at 12:02

On another order 5 min later i got:
SS Link band
Longer Charge cable
Med Blue loop ( poss return after appt sunday)

Aftermarket so far ordered:
Nomad pod and stand.
Pad and quill stand and carry case, for hotels, which i do 10x a month.

splogue

macrumors demi-god
Aug 1, 2008
Cary, NC
Yes, I ordered an extra two long charging cables and the blue leather loop.

The watches I ordered were the 42mm black stainless with black stainless link for me, and the 42mm silver sport with white band for my daughter.

Looks like she's going to get hers on launch day, and mine will be considerably later, which I'm not very happy about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.