Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you be downloading on the day of release?

• Yes

Votes: 107 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Depends on what they add

Votes: 48 25.5%

• Total voters

martint235

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2016
How do I get it? And can I downgrade?

If the answer to the first is pay, then no. If the answer to the second is you can't then no.

saudor

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2011
Im gonna sit and wait/read comments here for the iPhone. Besides, Im quite fond of the animation glitch.

Might update my iPad depending on the new features

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I will be installing the iOS 10 beta 1 on my iPad to test it out for a while and try all the new features. Then once its good enough I'll put it on my phone.

I will not be doing the watchOS beta until very close to release because as we all know downgrading it isn't that easy. I've heard you can mail it to Apple and downgrade it though... Thats not something I really want to go through even if thats a thing.

I don't plan to run the beta on my Mac at all. I'll run the GM early but I won't be running the betas on my Mac. My Mac is a very important device, I do a lot of work on it and I simply want it to be functioning at its very best at all times.
[doublepost=1465514629][/doublepost]
The people who bitched and complained about every Beta version of iOS 9 will be the first to download the iOS 10 Beta and the cycle will repeat.
And then bitch about how Steve wouldn't allow any bugs in the first build haha.

People: Can't wait for iOS 10, I'm so tired of how terrible iOS 9 is
People: *Installs first beta*
People: Holy **** this thing is buggy as hell! Apple is doomed, Apple isn't capable of making good software anymore, this is just awful, the battery life is so bad how could they.
People: Apple needs to go back to making good software like back on iOS 9. On iOS 9 everything actually worked and I had good battery life.

Everyone Else:
H4ZnA2D.jpg

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Do anyone remember if you can upgrade from an existing iOS beta, like iOS 9.3.3b2 to iOS 10. I know you can't install it via OTA but it should be okay via iTunes, right?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Do anyone remember if you can upgrade from an existing iOS beta, like iOS 9.3.3b2 to iOS 10. I know you can't install it via OTA but it should be okay via iTunes, right?
If you delete the iOS 9 beta profile and install an iOS 10 one you should be able to update over the air from the beta. Or at least would make sense to me. But at last resort I'm certain you can upgrade from one beta to another with the IPSW.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
The people who bitched and complained about every Beta version of iOS 9 will be the first to download the iOS 10 Beta and the cycle will repeat.

Welcome to "this is beta, what are you expecting" and they find exactly same bug and piss poor performances with public release..this cycle never ends as well.

We has consumer have right to complain and iOS 9 is crap... There are never been so much problem with iOS 9. First with problem with setup after iOS 9.3 setup for that activation lock thing, then there is iOS 9.3.2 bricking iPad Pro..

Reactions: iOSUser7

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2014
Welcome to "this is beta, what are you expecting" and they find exactly same bug and piss poor performances with public release..this cycle never ends as well.

We has consumer have right to complain and iOS 9 is crap... There are never been so much problem with iOS 9. First with problem with setup after iOS 9.3 setup for that activation lock thing, then there is iOS 9.3.2 bricking iPad Pro..
This. Thanks, I was waiting for that kind of comment.

We (customers) don't give a f*** if the betas are bugged and/or performance is slow, but when the final release is just like the first beta then yes, we have the right to complain.

And by the way, the "iOS 10 is laggy, iOS 9 was the best OS Apple ever released" sentence is pure bulls*** and is simply not true because people have been complaining about performance drop since iOS 7 but the fact that iOS is getting slower and slower with each release is why people usually take the previous version as reference to compare to the newest one.

Last edited:

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Not really. That's why Apple now gives away its OSes for free. So we have no right to complain.

It's worth exactly what we paid for it.
Arguably you pay for the OS when you buy the device. The OS is included in the purchase price of the device. However this whole we do or don't have a right to complain thing feels childish to me.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
as always ill try it, if beta 1 is too bad in terms of battery life or incompatible apps ill wait to my usual beta 3 where things really pick up

hope the dark theme rumors are accurate..

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
I will run the beta on my 6S+ for a few days, then I'll downgrade back to iOS 9 and I'll stay there forever.

Reactions: iOSUser7

minato21

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2015
I'm expecting the betas to overheat my phone like iOS 9 b3-5 did, but if it doesn't I'll defiantly give it a go!

vertsix

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2015
Texas
I think I will wait for the final release because I don't want to deal with bugs and crashes on my personal device.

But knowing how I'm a big Apple fan, I will probably download the beta the minute it's released, I just can't resist lol. :D

Exactly.

I'll just install it on one of my backup devices to test.
[doublepost=1465574845][/doublepost]Guys, guys. It's totally okay to install a beta (which was not meant for you), but please PLEASE don't complain about issues. :D

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

Compared to the bricking with iOS 8, and the bricking with iOS 7 and the bricking with iOS 6?

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
Only if it has enough new features. If it does, then I'll probably make a backup of my iPhone 6s and run it on there.

I always create a new partition on my Mac and run the beta there.

LovingTeddy

Suspended
Oct 12, 2015
Canada
Compared to the bricking with iOS 8, and the bricking with iOS 7 and the bricking with iOS 6?

iOS is progressively worse in terms of UI fluidity and stability... I got way more crash and UI glitches since iOS 7 than any other iOS before.

I really do hope iOS 10 bring back iOS 6 stability and speed.

Reactions: DoctorKrabs

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I do every year so of course I'll be on this one. iOS betas can be a little sketchy sometimes but for the most part they hold up well enough for day to day use. It's fun being able to use the newest iOS before the masses and to watch it evolve over the months leading to release.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.