Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mystro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
Anyone else get the feeling that iOS7 is the tipping point where Apple jumped the shark tank????? I am not one to fear change providing its a change for the better. If I wanted the look of android, I would have bought a android product. We went from sharp classy graphics to cheap cartoonish in one night..... Yuck. I can't believe it came to this so soon since the great pioneer has left us for a better place. Saying "you'll get use to it" is like saying you will also get use to walking around with turd in your pants.. Pretty disgusted and embarrassed that this is what Apple developed.

iOS7 looks pathetic...
k6o0n.gif

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Did not like it yesterday, but feel much better today. I was very cozy with iOS 6, and felt like my best friend died. Today I feel like he just changed his wardrobe. :D

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
The animation when you go from the lock screen to the home screen is stupid and a waste of time.

Also, the new folders layout is actually hurting the ergonomics of the phone. On the iPod touch/iPhone where you had 10-16 apps in a folder under iOS 6 now requires 2 pages in the folder instead of one on iOS 7. For the iPad, it's even worse, a full folder on iOS 6 (20 apps) now take 3 pages withing a folder on iOS 7.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I think it will mature. Let's not forget OS X started out pretty gaudy as well:
bigmac1205.jpg

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
The animation when you go from the lock screen to the home screen is stupid and a waste of time.

I actually think it's really slick. It's takes the same amount of time to unlock compared to iOS6. I tried last night an iPhone 4S with iOS6 vs. a iPhone 5 with iOS7. Didn't notice any delay in either one, seemed to match.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
We need more of these threads. I don't think I can go a day without all this awesomeness.

/sarcasm

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010

Looking at that reminds me of iOS6 after playing around with iOS7 last night. You just wouldn't go back. I think it will grow on people. I'm actually surprised by the resistance of so many especially the forward-thinking tech crowd here.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I really like it. Feels lighter and easier to read. Runs great on my iPad 3 and iPhone 4S, too.

Mystro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
It shouldn't have to mature at this point. This isnt like any OS upgrades in the past. We are way beyond a simple tweaking to make the devise faster. By Apple's own admission this is the most significant release since the iPhone... By that admission, Apple is going with a "follow the Android" crowd decision rather than being its own platform and innovator. If its gonna look like a android but not have any SD slots and be controlled by a propitiatory program like iTunes, then why even buy a Apple product. I suspect this will be the reasoning of alot of current die hard Apple owners that will jump ship. New is not always better. The ios7 reminds me of New Coke. Coke wanted to taste like Pepsi and now Apple wants to look like a Android. Sure some people liked it but in general it was a colossal and epic mistake.

Reactions: Tozovac

tiguanito

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2010
Looks like they have optimized and well tested iOS7 on the iPhone 5, but haven't finished the development on the iPad. I really wanted to like it, but after 1h on my iPad 4, I went back to iOS6 (before they would stop signing it) . Too many lags, 3x3 icons when we open a folder is a joke, and not a big fan of the new design and colors.

cgk.emu

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Did not like it yesterday, but feel much better today. I was very cozy with iOS 6, and felt like my best friend died. Today I feel like he just changed his wardrobe. :D

....so, you don't have many friends I take it?

----------

Looks like they have optimized and well tested iOS7 on the iPhone 5, but haven't finished the development on the iPad. I really wanted to like it, but after 1h on my iPad 4, I went back to iOS6 (before they would stop signing it) . Too many lags, 3x3 icons when we open a folder is a joke, and not a big fan of the new design and colors.

Yeah, it's a bit laggy on my iPhone 4, but I expected that. It is an older device at this point.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Every time I read another thread about how iOS 7 is similar to android I get confused: never had such a similar good experience on any android device so far .....

cgk.emu

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012

Okay, I like iOS 7, but I don't think your comparison is accurate. OS X was a huge step in the evolution of the Mac OS. 9 was totally different than 10. iOS 7 is just a point update, like 10.5 to 10.6 for example....

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Okay, I like iOS 7, but I don't think your comparison is accurate. OS X was a huge step in the evolution of the Mac OS. 9 was totally different than 10. iOS 7 is just a point update, like 10.5 to 10.6 for example....

Err... iOS 7 is not an huge step, but surely isn't just a point update ....

cgk.emu

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Err... iOS 7 is not an huge step, but surely isn't just a point update ....

Then what is it? The UI is a bit different, but the CORE SYSTEM is not a huge step forward. OS 9 to OS 10 was a massive step forward, thus the comparison remains inaccurate.

MauerFan

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
I prefer it a lot more to iOS 6. Everyone has their own opinions though man. Give it a few more days, and see what you think :D

koigirl

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2011
Raleigh, NC

I loaded it onto my iPhone 5 but will NOT be loading it for the time being onto my iPad 3!

bandrews

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Anyone else get the feeling that iOS7 is the tipping point where Apple jumped the shark tank????? I am not one to fear change providing its a change for the better. If I wanted the look of android, I would have bought a android product. We went from sharp classy graphics to cheap cartoonish in one night..... Yuck. I can't believe it came to this so soon since the great pioneer has left us for a better place. Saying "you'll get use to it" is like saying you will also get use to walking around with turd in your pants.. Pretty disgusted and embarrassed that this is what Apple developed.

iOS7 looks pathetic...

I think they're sharper and classier now. But that's just me.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
The features are really good. It's just the colors. I would think that would be very easy to fix......for me now....thanks :)

I mean, the green I'm seeing has no place in nature, and should be outlawed.

nefan65

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2009
I've noticed that all the threads that describe iOS 7 as:

• Horrendous
  • Makes me puke
  • Atrocious
  • Disgusting
  • Gross

Are mostly started by "Newbie" members. I recall similar threads when iOS 6 first came out, as well as the iPhone 4s, and the 5.

Much like a storm; take shelter for a bit, it'll pass...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.