Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
If Apple jumped the shark tank wouldn't it be safe from all the sharks in the tank? :confused:

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Looking at that reminds me of iOS6 after playing around with iOS7 last night. You just wouldn't go back. I think it will grow on people. I'm actually surprised by the resistance of so many especially the forward-thinking tech crowd here.

I'm not. It's a mirror of EVERY major iOS release. In a few years when they totally redo it again they will mourn poor iOS 7 and it's superior design.

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
My first iOS device was a 1st generation iPod touch running the original iPhone OS (that I shortly upgraded to iPhone OS 2.0). Several months later I got an iPhone 3G running iPhone OS 2.0. As someone who has been with more or less the same "look and feel" for 5 years, I can say that I really welcome the visual changes in iOS 7.

jtfolden

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
Springfield, Ohio
Anyone else get the feeling that iOS7 is the tipping point where Apple jumped the shark tank????? I am not one to fear change providing its a change for the better. If I wanted the look of android, I would have bought a android product. We went from sharp classy graphics to cheap cartoonish in one night..... Yuck. I can't believe it came to this so soon since the great pioneer has left us for a better place. Saying "you'll get use to it" is like saying you will also get use to walking around with turd in your pants.. Pretty disgusted and embarrassed that this is what Apple developed.

NO. Apart from a few icons and maybe wishing there was a hint of a drop shadow here and there, I think iOS 7 looks SOOO much better than iOS 6 overall.

Also, I'm really perplexed - whether you like it or not - by people who don't think this latest move reeks of classic Jobsian Apple:

steve-jobs-apple-ibook-picture.jpg

macosxdp3.png

picture-6.png

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
for people with dozens of apps in a folder, while it throws a bunch of apps to the next page, there is no longer such a low limit on the amount of apps you can have in one folder. not sure about you, but i hated having multiple folders devoted to the same category of apps. another problem which has been solved in an ergonomic way.
Funny all my folders that went to 2 pages of apps or even 3 on the iPad made it less ergonomic in my opinion. Multiple pages in a folder is fine, just give me more apps per page,

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I hate the colors, I hate the animations. They make me want to puke. The rest I like. Glad I only updated the iPad.

hackjo

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2012
I think a lot of people don't like change!

I recall that last year, there were loads of comments on here about how dated iOS 6 was and how clunky the skeuomorphism looked.

Now Apple has (for once) radically changed the interface, lots of people are complaining.

I understand that there may be areas where iOS 7 is not to everyone's taste but surely you have the option of ditching the platform if you feel that strongly?

This also emphasises why companies should never ask the customer what they think.

poplars

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2013
They need to fix the bottom bar, its blur or lack of is pretty ugly... It just distracts your vision on the home screen.... Choppiness of animations in some respects such as returning to home screen, going to multi tasking, etc. other things are very smooth and nice.

Delays with the keyboard going to numbers... Annoying. Massive delay changing wallpaper, it seems that apple really pushed the release of this thing, they have a lot of work to do for sure.

Im on an ipad 3 by the way, but i expect apple to atleast resolve every day accessibility issues and performance issues, atleast get this to perform the way it should..

I for the most part like the change, i just want it to be optimized, debugged, and snappy like a final release should be.....

LJSurfa

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
I like it. Think it looks modern and up to date and I quite like the 'cartoon' graphics. Even on my old iphone4 it is running really well. I'm impressed so far but as with anything it will take a bit of tweaking to get used to.

My only gripe is that because of the case on my iphone4 I can't open the control centre because my finger can't get to the bottom of the screen properly. So if anyone has a way of opening control centre without the bottom swipe please let me know.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Some people love it, some people hate it. End of story. There's no point debating personal subjective opinion.
Quite. I personally love the new look and although there are a few bugs here and there, the overall look is nice and intuitive. I can understand iOS has had users since the start who fear change, but something needed to be done and I think Apple have hit the sweet spot with iOS 7. Just my opinion though, and my advice to those who don't like it and won't give it a chance, find something else now as its now changing back any time soon. :)

adildacoolset

macrumors 65816
It shouldn't have to mature at this point. This isnt like any OS upgrades in the past. We are way beyond a simple tweaking to make the devise faster. By Apple's own admission this is the most significant release since the iPhone... By that admission, Apple is going with a "follow the Android" crowd decision rather than being its own platform and innovator. If its gonna look like a android but not have any SD slots and be controlled by a propitiatory program like iTunes, then why even buy a Apple product. I suspect this will be the reasoning of alot of current die hard Apple owners that will jump ship. New is not always better. The ios7 reminds me of New Coke. Coke wanted to taste like Pepsi and now Apple wants to look like a Android. Sure some people liked it but in general it was a colossal and epic mistake.

This is an operating system design, not a sugary drink taste. Apple has changed the look of OS X and matured it over time. There's no reason why iOS 7 won't. Especially with high-resolution displays and the beefier GPUs, it allows to give a fresh look that wasn't possible on older hardware.

----------

I hate the colors, I hate the animations. They make me want to puke. The rest I like. Glad I only updated the iPad.

If animations and color make you feel like puking, you should see a doctor.

jfware

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2013
Anyone else get the feeling that iOS7 is the tipping point where Apple jumped the shark tank????? I am not one to fear change providing its a change for the better. If I wanted the look of android, I would have bought a android product. We went from sharp classy graphics to cheap cartoonish in one night..... Yuck. I can't believe it came to this so soon since the great pioneer has left us for a better place. Saying "you'll get use to it" is like saying you will also get use to walking around with turd in your pants.. Pretty disgusted and embarrassed that this is what Apple developed.

iOS7 looks pathetic...

It's not the LOOK that separates an iPhone from an android. It's the functionality. iPhones function better than androids. And they still do with ios 7

cmanbrazil

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2010
I can understand what's the problem, at least I think. This version seems to have provided a color scheme and layout that is not as universal as the last, which cause some to love it and others to hate it.

The android phone I used had so many apps
That let
You customize it and on the forums you found camps of people who used the apps that they liked.

I liked beautiful widgets and set up my home screen and color scheme to fit my tastes. This also included my app layout.

While I am fine with ios7 I do believe that it will cause some to look elsewhere. This concept of apple decided everything for their customers my come to a head on this one.

It's really weird because osx is very customizable. I switched because getting android os updates was so difficult that I left. I like the iPhone but miss the customization of android

TerrorCandii

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
I've noticed that all the threads that describe iOS 7 as:

• Horrendous
  • Makes me puke
  • Atrocious
  • Disgusting
  • Gross

Are mostly started by "Newbie" members. I recall similar threads when iOS 6 first came out, as well as the iPhone 4s, and the 5.

Much like a storm; take shelter for a bit, it'll pass...

I agree, I like it honestly. Cleaned up, and smoother for me.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

iOS7 looks pathetic...

This Pioneer?

268084-the-imac.jpg

628x471.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.