Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
The last iPhone design that was exciting for me was the 5/5s. The 6/7/8 design is too much of a soap bar but maybe I can live with it. Everything after is a big compromise. I would own it only because there is no alternative (the alternatives are worse because of complete disregard for privacy).

Reactions: ericwn

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
Historical nostalgia. I appreciate the Jobs’ era. He revolutionized Apple for the 21st century and brought the “magic.”

Credit where credit’s due, so did Tim. Apple is more profitable and accessible than it has ever been. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was Jobs’ intention from the beginning, selecting Cook. He made Apple what it was and he knew Cook was capable of turning it into the global machine it is today.

Expansion in these times are an inevitability that even Jobs would’ve faced. It’s just a matter of how far is too far. I do think Apple should reel it in a bit, but I’m just an outside looker. I also think QC would likely be a bit better than it is…nostalgia. lol

Reactions: Chidoro

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Historical nostalgia. I appreciate the Jobs’ era. He revolutionized Apple for the 21st century and brought the “magic.”

Credit where credit’s due, so did Tim. Apple is more profitable and accessible than it has ever been. I wouldn’t be surprised if that was Jobs’ intention from the beginning, selecting Cook. He made Apple what it was and he knew Cook was capable of turning it into the global machine it is today.

Expansion in these times are an inevitability that even Jobs would’ve faced. It’s just a matter of how far is too far. I do think Apple should reel it in a bit, but I’m just an outside looker. I also think QC would likely be a bit better than it is…nostalgia. lol
What to you would it mean to “reel it in”?

MisterMillz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2011
FL, USA
What to you would it mean to “reel it in”?
This is nothing more than my unscientific, non-professional take. I imagine a 3 size line up per device.

iPhone:
~5.7, 6.3, 6.9”

iPad:
~9, 11, 13”

Macbook:
~12, 14, 16”

Desktop:
Haven’t considered much. Only the mini has interested me over the years. But even that could be Mac, Mac Studio, iMac, which it essentially is already.

Reactions: Harmonious Zen

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 15, 2017
I miss Johnny Ive’s smoothing voice going over the hardware.

Yeah I do miss that part of the product ads emphasising the design. We need more of that now instead of all the renders we have been seeing for the last few years.

My favourite line from Ive is “unapologetic plastic’.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
This is nothing more than my unscientific, non-professional take. I imagine a 3 size line up per device.

iPhone:
~5.7, 6.3, 6.9”

iPad:
~9, 11, 13”

Macbook:
~12, 14, 16”

Desktop:
Haven’t considered much. Only the mini has interested me over the years. But even that could be Mac, Mac Studio, iMac, which it essentially is already.
I agree with that. Their product line is way too fragmented right now.

Reactions: MisterMillz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.