Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaximx

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
I agree mostly with what you said. However, as a part time college instructor I must say the Apple Pencil is a godsend. I can now edit my students papers electronically the same way mine were edited by hand back when I went to school. I guess it's more of a battle of deciding what is functional for you.

Great idea. What app are you using to edit your student's papers on the iPad?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I am very happy with my iPad Pro. It replaced my Air 2 for doing the internet while sitting in the Lazyboy! I never expected more from it than it being a large iPad so I am very happy.

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008
I am very happy with my iPad Pro. It replaced my Air 2 for doing the internet while sitting in the Lazyboy! I never expected more from it than it being a large iPad so I am very happy.

I mainly just wish the low end was cheaper. It can't replace my Air 2 for travel/on the go (I tried), but around the house it's awesome....just way too much cheddar for me for something that is really only for around the house usage.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Not at all. My only regret is not ordering the pencil first thing Wednesday morning.
That was hard to get for sure. My husband managed to get one eventually.

He liked his iPad pro but it was defective so he had to exchange. He likes it a lot for business. He's a big guy so this is nothing for him to carry or hold.

I got to draw on it awhile and I'm definitely getting one next year. I didn't want to get back into art on my pc because of my carpal tunnel syndrome. And I'm rusty enough that I don't want to waste my expensive sketch pad paper trying to get my skills back.

So this will be my beast next year. I fell in love with it! It's another odd creation from Apple that fits my oddball niche needs perfectly. Just like my Apple Watch.

I will probably just take my husband's when he upgrades to the next generation.

Reactions: millydog

macaximx

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
So this will be my beast next year. I fell in love with it! It's another odd creation from Apple that fits my oddball niche needs perfectly. Just like my Apple Watch.

I thought this model was DOA on arrival. After using it in the  Store during a couple of visits I realized I was wrong. Yesterday I sold my Air 2. When prepping it for buyer I thought how small it felt. I could not go back to a regular size iPad.
The pencil is amazing. They got this right for sure. In my mind you need the pencil to appreciate the Pro. No regrets buying these devices at all.
Grumpy Mom, I love my  Watch too. Best  purchase this year with the iPad Pro and pencil second.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I thought this model was DOA on arrival. After using it in the  Store during a couple of visits I realized I was wrong. Yesterday I sold my Air 2. When prepping it for buyer I thought how small it felt. I could not go back to a regular size iPad.
The pencil is amazing. They got this right for sure. In my mind you need the pencil to appreciate the Pro. No regrets buying these devices at all.
Grumpy Mom, I love my  Watch too. Best  purchase this year with the iPad Pro and pencil second.
The Apple Pencil is surprisingly good. I thought it would have that slippery feel like I'm dragging plastic across glass instead of pencil across paper. But it wasn't like that at all. I could use it at angles and I could rest my hand on the screen without accidently registering my hand as a mark. They really did a fabulous job with this Apple Pencil. I wish it could be used across all the iPads. It's so unassuming yet quite a game changer, at least for me.

I wasn't even using a good drawing app. My husband had been scribbling a little and handed it to me to try and I made an impromptu sketch of a cat. A bad sketch, but I am very rusty. When I get good again I know I'll do some really good work. I'm rehabbing a house and garden so I won't have time this year, but by next Christmas I fully intend to take up sketching and sculpting again. I look forward to having an iPad pro then. My daughter went crazy for it, too. A lot of kids are going to want to try it. I think it would make a good family iPad. Just make sure kids don't lose that Apple pencil. It is a shame the Apple Pencil is so hard to get. The iPad Pro needs that pencil to really impress.

Reactions: macaximx

macaximx

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
The Apple Pencil is surprisingly good. I thought it would have that slippery feel like I'm dragging plastic across glass instead of pencil across paper. But it wasn't like that at all. I could use it at angles and I could rest my hand on the screen without accidently registering my hand as a mark. They really did a fabulous job with this Apple Pencil. I wish it could be used across all the iPads. It's so unassuming yet quite a game changer, at least for me.

I wasn't even using a good drawing app. My husband had been scribbling a little and handed it to me to try and I made an impromptu sketch of a cat. A bad sketch, but I am very rusty. When I get good again I know I'll do some really good work. I'm rehabbing a house and garden so I won't have time this year, but by next Christmas I fully intend to take up sketching and sculpting again. I look forward to having an iPad pro then. My daughter went crazy for it, too. A lot of kids are going to want to try it. I think it would make a good family iPad. Just make sure kids don't lose that Apple pencil. It is a shame the Apple Pencil is so hard to get. The iPad Pro needs that pencil to really impress.

A family iPad! I can see that. My wife will not take any of the iPads I've had. Even the one I sold yesterday however last night she was sketching on the IPP. I knew I wasn't getting it back. :( I can imagine having kids and the fun they would have. This IPP will be a hit when the nieces and nephews come over.

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.