Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steevn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2016
"Pro white supremacy." Lol. It's amazing how many people think those they disagree with are just pure evil. Wow.
The Republican front runner for 2024 presidential election just met with a white nationalist and antisemite. You don’t really have to try too hard to see which party is “pro white supremacy”.

What’s actually amazing is how many people choose to not see it for exactly what it is lol.

steevn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2016
Give the full information. It was a bill about same sex marriage and interracial marriage. The former was and is the item of contention, not the latter. Your post is biased and misleading.
Interracial marriage was voted on a few weeks ago and 37 republicans voted against it. It is not misleading in the slightest.

Here is a simple question to ask. “Was interracial marriage recently voted on?” The answer is yes and the outcome was 37 republicans being against interracial marriage. There is zero doubt about that in any way whatsoever.

I don’t think you’re making the point you think you are by trying to justify their no votes on an issue the vast majority of America is ok with now.

steevn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2016
Every single time too. You'd think with all the horror they claim is going on, they wouldn't have to resort to misleading info.
Was interracial marriage voted on last month or no? It was and 37 republicans voted against it.

Can you tell me where I am wrong in the slightest way possible?

• Disagree
Reactions: hooptyuber

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Interracial marriage was voted on a few weeks ago and 37 republicans voted against it. It is not misleading in the slightest.
Yes it’s misleading. The Respect for Marriage Act included two items: interracial marriage and same sex marriage. By mentioning only interracial marriage you’re implying that that’s what they voted against, which is false since it was an all-or-nothing bill.

Here is a simple question to ask. “Was interracial marriage recently voted on?” The answer is yes and the outcome was 36 republicans being against interracial marriage. There is zero doubt about that in any way whatsoever.

That’s not how it works. If you have a bill that protects school funding and legalizes rape you can’t simply say that congressmen voted against “school funding” and call it a day.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Will a conservative podcast ever win an award from Apple?
Perhaps your problem is that you immediately view everything through a partisan lens. Has it occurred to you that this might be just a well-researched and well-presented podcast? I haven't listened to this season yet, but the ones about Watergate, the origins of the Iraq war and the LA riots were excellent.

Orange Bat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2021
I wish Apple wouldn’t do these kind of things. Not because of politics or anything, but because it elevates certain third party products over others. Why should Apple be picking winners in Podcasts or the App Store? That shouldn’t be something Apple does. Apple should try and be as unbiased as possible with third party app and content makers rather than elevating some over others.

steevn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2016
Yes it’s misleading. The Respect for Marriage Act included two items: interracial marriage and same sex marriage. By mentioning only interracial marriage you’re implying that that’s what they voted against, which is false since it was an all-or-nothing bill.

That’s not how it works. If you have a bill that protects school funding and legalizes rape you can’t simply say that congressmen voted against “school funding” and call it a day.
There has never been and will never be a bill on protecting school funding and legalizes rape lol so you’re reaching pretty far to make a terrible point.

Voting against same sex marriage is just as terrible as voting against interracial marriage it’s just sad Republican supporters don’t see it that way and try to defend the racist stuff as “not racist” when in fact they voted against interracial marriage AND same sex marriage.

Republicans love to call themselves the freedom party but they have no issue taking away all these freedoms they claim to love, so much so it’s almost as if they never cared about freedom in the first place lol.

What you’re saying is basically “yea they voted against interracial marriage but the bill was actually about gay marriage so it’s different” when the bill was 100% about interracial and gay marriage.

By your own logic what you’re saying isn’t how it works. If people vote against both same sex and interracial marriage you can’t say they didn’t vote against interracial marriage.

IllinoisCorn

Suspended
Jan 15, 2021
The Republican front runner for 2024 presidential election just met with a white nationalist and antisemite. You don’t really have to try too hard to see which party is “pro white supremacy”.

What’s actually amazing is how many people choose to not see it for exactly what it is lol.
I’m a conservative. Do you think I’m a white Supremist? I don’t assume that you’re a rioter, looter or Antifa thug. Why do you assume the worst of me?

Last edited:

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
There has never been and will never be a bill on protecting school funding and legalizes rape lol so you’re reaching pretty far to make a terrible point.

Voting against same sex marriage is just as terrible as voting against interracial marriage it’s just sad Republican supporters don’t see it that way and try to defend the racist stuff as “not racist” when in fact they voted against interracial marriage AND same sex marriage.

Republicans love to call themselves the freedom party but they have no issue taking away all these freedoms they claim to love, so much so it’s almost as if they never cared about freedom in the first place lol.

What you’re saying is basically “yea they voted against interracial marriage but the bill was actually about gay marriage so it’s different” when the bill was 100% about interracial and gay marriage.

By your own logic what you’re saying isn’t how it works. If people vote against both same sex and interracial marriage you can’t say they didn’t vote against interracial marriage.
All of the above doesn’t affect my observation about you leaving out a vital piece. As a matter of fact NPR refers to gay marriage and not interracial marriage in their title.

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA

He didn’t say that they didn’t vote against interracial marriage. He said that they voted against interracial marriage and same-sex marriage. If I had a bill that would protect interracial marriage and kill 10,000 puppies and you voted against it because of the puppies, would you like it if I started accusing you of voting against interracial marriage? Your vote was entirely dependent on the puppy part of the bill, and by not mentioning that I‘m not being fair to you.

That’s what you’re doing here.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Apple is going in the wrong direction, im sorry but how anyone can support ending a child’s life is beyond me. They won because of the politics that’s it
It's a fetus, not a child. Until people stop with the hysterics, false medical information and theatrics to play upon emotions, they are not arguing in good faith. Also, if there's a religious angle (there always is) to a pro-life argument, they've already admitted defeat in any nation where there is a separation of church and state.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
It doesn't take much clicking to see that many, many other podcasts have had more listeners, were shared more frequently, and have made more of a buzz in the world.

Presenting this award to slow burn is a quick way to lose credibility. I haven't heard the show, sounds like it was an important, well-produced podcast; but the raw numbers speak for themselves. Politicizing awards right out of the gate sows more division rather that creating a neutral, egalitarian podcast platform.
We already know the winners of popularity contests so why have them?

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
I never heard of the "Roe v. Wade" podcast. Is it unbiased toward both sides of the debate or is it biased toward one side?
I hope it's biased. We listen to and watch documentaries and podcasts for points of view from passionate people, not teleprompter readers. So long as they don't identify as unbiased news (Fox/CNN looking at you) and deliver opinions disguised as news, I don't care how biased they are.

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
All awards are meaningless anyway. Emmys, Oscars, Grammys, this. It is all virtue signaling.
Art contests are all meaningless...except to those involved and audiences of those contests. So pretty much everyone in this forum commenting and beyond.

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA
It's a fetus, not a child. Until people stop with the hysterics, false medical information and theatrics to play upon emotions, they are not arguing in good faith. Also, if there's a religious angle (there always is) to a pro-life argument, they've already admitted defeat in any nation where there is a separation of church and state.
F53345E0-6FF4-49C0-85A0-EA5CA72B803C.jpeg

Pretty sure a “human baby” counts as a child.

thingstoponder

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2014
It doesn't take much clicking to see that many, many other podcasts have had more listeners, were shared more frequently, and have made more of a buzz in the world.

Presenting this award to slow burn is a quick way to lose credibility. I haven't heard the show, sounds like it was an important, well-produced podcast; but the raw numbers speak for themselves. Politicizing awards right out of the gate sows more division rather that creating a neutral, egalitarian podcast platform.
Awards are not about most popular and shouldn’t be.

Reactions: jonblatho
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.