Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dohspc

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2008
Plano, TX
It will start as volutarty vaccine reporting like it did where I work. Then move to we will allow you to not wear a mask if you're vaccinated and share your status finally ending with you have to get the vaccine and record your status or you will be terminated. Apple will do the same thing. I’m actually surprised they weren’t leading a vaccine mandate.

RedWing512

macrumors regular
May 14, 2014
If you haven't gotten a vaccination shot at this point, you should be fired from your job. The overhead of having to deal with unvaccinated workers is just too high for a business to operate.

Absolutely, or at the least be forced to work from home. If you have no interest in protecting yourself and others then enjoy working in your house from now on because I don’t want people like that near me at work.

I seriously think the vax does something to y'all's head. ?

For one, it's been proven that vaxxed people can still spread the virus. Your co-worker that you plan on sitting next to that's been double- or triple-poked is just as dangerous as those that haven't been.

Second, there are some that are at risk of serious complications from the vax, such as Guillain-Barré syndrome, hence their refusal to take it. In fact, Pete Parada, the drummer for the Offspring, recently was sacked by the band for his refusal to be vaxxed because of his history of Guillain-Barré. You're telling me that someone should lose their job--and their ability to function in society--because of something like this? That you would rather them risk dying from the vax so you can feel "safe"? That doesn't seem very compassionate of you.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
We have traffic laws that you have to obey to keep other people safe. If you don't obey traffic laws, you can have your license taken away, which is equivalent to being fired from being able to drive.
Also, to take a flawed analogy further, those laws, just about everywhere in the world, forbid using that motor vehicle with substances in your body that affect the safety of those around you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krizoitz

Derekuda

Suspended
Oct 2, 2004
Companies can make their own safety protocols for the benefit of their employees and customers, and that’s all that’s happening here. I would be more inclined to go to a store knowing that all the employees are vaccinated, and even moreso the customers.

Nothing you described is remotely comparable to the COVID crisis. It’s amazing how you can make the most asinine assertions with utmost confidence.
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure.
Covid, has killed 658,103 in the united states since the start.
Those numbers are pretty dang close. In fact, when you figure that we are almost 2 years in on covid, smoking is actually WORST!

Last edited by a moderator:

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
If you haven't gotten a vaccination shot at this point, you should be fired from your job. The overhead of having to deal with unvaccinated workers is just too high for a business to operate.
It’s too high for society to operate. The unvaccinated are overwhelming the medical system, helping spread and breed variants, and basically making live miserable AND dangerous for the rest of us. Unless you have a medical reason not to be vaccinated you should be. No excuses.

macrumorsuser10

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
Wow, so you know everyone's personal medical history/status? If Apple can afford all the other myriad people working for them, they can afford a small number of unvaccinated people with prohibitive medical conditions. And nobody should have to "share" his/her medical records.
No, you just need to show your vaccination card.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
Should we also fire everyone who smokes cigarettes because second hand smoke has been proven to be worse for nearby people, not to mention raising insurance rates for these poor multibillion dollar companies. Perhaps every woman should also share their pap-smear status annually so those insurance rates don't affect everyone (including mens rates even though it doesn't apply to them).
How about you move to china so they can tell you how to live your life and you let americans be americans with their freedoms of choice.
How about I Lysol you in the face if I see you because I have the freedom to not want a covid variant created by the un-vaxed.

Vaccine is FDA approved now. None of you have a leg to stand on. Get Vaxed or lose your freedoms.

End of story.

EDIT: Guess this needed /s

The point is if he has the "freedom" to make others sick I have the "freedom" to protect myself.

Last edited:

LonestarOne

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2019
McKinney, TX
Should we also fire everyone who smokes cigarettes because second hand smoke has been proven to be worse for nearby people, not to mention raising insurance rates for these poor multibillion dollar companies.

I’m not sure where you’ve been working, but smoking is now banned in most workplaces.

If you choose to smoke, that is a personal decision. If you insist on exposing other people to your toxic chemicals, that is a violation of their rights.

Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.

It’s not all about you.

WitchDoktor

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2020
Natural immunity how? Not everyone who gets over COVID develops immunity. How do you prove it? Medical exemptions are fine, but regular testing doesn’t really solve anything.
Well, I had it back in February. Just had blood work done a few weeks ago. My doctor tells me there is no medical reason for me to get this medication because I am naturally immune. Given that he's a Johns Hopkins immunologist who knows me and my medical history and answered all of my pointed questions, I am OK with his medical opinion on the matter.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Absolutely, or at the least be forced to work from home. If you have no interest in protecting yourself and others then enjoy working in your house from now on because I don’t want people like that near me at work.

I disagree. Why should the vaccinated have to deal with traffic and being in the office? They should work remotely and leave the headaches of commuting and possibly getting sick at the office to the unvaccinated.

• Haha
Reactions: Huck and tongxinshe

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
I believe in the vaccine too, but just for comparison... what's the death rate of Covid compared to getting in or being around a vehicle. Once you find out, you'll realized we should also ban all forms of motorized transportation.
On average about 38,000 car fatalities annual, so an order of magnitude lower than COVID. On top of which cars provide valuable services, COVID does not. We also regulate cars and require people who drive them to be licensed and insured. People also have to follow various laws and are punished for breaking them.
Vaccination is free, easy, and safe. Absent a valid medical reason there is no excuse not to get vaccinated. Huge upside, very little downside.

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2014
Should we also fire everyone who smokes cigarettes because second hand smoke has been proven to be worse for nearby people, not to mention raising insurance rates for these poor multibillion dollar companies. Perhaps every woman should also share their pap-smear status annually so those insurance rates don't affect everyone (including mens rates even though it doesn't apply to them).
How about you move to china so they can tell you how to live your life and you let americans be americans with their freedoms of choice.
Or fat people. They should be fired too. Lets just keep adding to the list. This new society that some little tyrants want to create is going to be awesome.

Last edited:

LonestarOne

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2019
McKinney, TX
How come vaccinated people seem to be incredibly afraid of unvaccinated people?
I got my 2 Pfizer shots and couldn‘t care less about other people‘s vaccination status.

Because not everyone thinks in binary “all or nothing” terms. Some people know about breakthrough cases and less-than-100% effectiveness. And some people understand that controlling an epidemic requires treating the population, not just one individual.

(I know, that was probably a rhetorical question, but I answered it anyway.)

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
How come vaccinated people seem to be incredibly afraid of unvaccinated people?
I got my 2 Pfizer shots and couldn‘t care less about other people‘s vaccination status.
Because un-vaccinated people are why there are variants in the wild. This is basic science. Vaccine protected against the original strains and if everyone was vaccinated it would greatly prevent variants from gaining hold and getting stronger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.