Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
The incident in which a protester was recently shot occurred because a group of 15 protesters chased down a cop and attacked him with billy clubs and hammers. If people are using an Apple app to figure out where to attack police officers, I understand that there might be another reason for pulling the app besides slavish compliance with the Chinese government.
If not an QUOTEApple appUNQUOTE is what's stopping the true criminals then lets not tell him about the windows, android, and mac apps that can do the he same. It's not a question of the programming but of the individual... Hell I could tell you where they are because I know how to use radio frequency cues.

Reactions: B4U

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
So that makes it okay to beat one to death with a hammer. Interesting perspective. I guess the way to sleep well after beating an officer to death with a hammer is to dehumanize him first.

It is not opinion that dehumanizes the communist police, but rather their own inhuman behavior.

The citizens of Hong Kong are fighting for the protections of a rule of law against an enemy that would utterly destroy them.

• Sad
Reactions: DeepIn2U and B4U

Kabeyun

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2004
Eastern USA
Actually, very relevant.
They have incited the other protesters. It had been proven again and again where it was captured by media.
Does this look like a protester helping his cause?
DB814B65-36E2-453A-8BA4-5670DF2B5FBB.jpeg

You’re saying that either the man on the right is secretly a cop and it’s justifiable assault, or the man on the left is secretly a cop and is stirring things up a bit.

Maybe. But maybe, as the centuries have shown us, the protesters are deteriorating into a violent mob that’s turning on itself as well. You can offer whatever justifications you like, but watch how quickly this behavior costs them the international sympathy they enjoyed when the extradition bill that started all this was revealed.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
Does this look like a protester helping his cause?
View attachment 867476

You’re saying that either the man on the right is secretly a cop and it’s justifiable assault, or the man on the left is secretly a cop and is stirring things up a bit.

Maybe. But maybe, as the centuries have shown us, the protesters are deteriorating into a violent mob that’s turning on itself as well. You can offer whatever justifications you like, but watch how quickly this behavior costs them the international sympathy they enjoyed when the extradition bill that started all this was revealed.
You can cheery-pick any picture that you like and no one is here to stop you in believing anything you want to.
Facts are facts.
The CCP had taught Hong Kongers that peaceful demonstrations had achieved absolutely nothing in 2014.

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Apple just reapproved the app...which is the dumbest thing to do. You can or not ban it but don’t ban it and then unban. It draws needless attention. With the recent sanctions on Chinese companies China is looking for any excuse to retaliate. NBA is first since and it looks like Apple may be next.

Last edited:

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
You can cheery-pick any picture that you like and no one is here to stop you in believing anything you want to.
Facts are facts.
The CCP had taught Hong Kongers that peaceful demonstrations had achieved absolutely nothing in 2014.

They sat around in Central for 2 months and called it quits. If results are so easy you wouldn’t even know about the likes of MLK etc. Also there has been plenty of peaceful protests that got results in HK. Now on the flip side, what has the recent chaos achieved?

Last edited:

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
They sat around in Central for 2 months and called it quits. If results are so easy you wouldn’t even know about the likes of MLK etc. Also there has been plenty of peaceful protests that got results in HK. Now on the flip side, what has the recent chaos achieved?
Again, who is to prove the chaos are actually caused by the protestors alone and not the undercover cops?

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
Again, who is to prove the chaos are actually caused by the protestors alone and not the undercover cops?

If it is caused by undercover cops, you would think there is even more reason to condemn the violence. Unfortunately barely a whiff from the pan-Dems.

lixuelai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
FYI, I am not going to respond to you anymore. Thank you for your opinions.

You are welcome. I suggest you fly over here to HK and see for yourself instead of relying on the news. It is always easy to comment when you are thousands of miles away and there is zero impact to you. Hey I'll even buy you a beer.

ryuok

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Hong Kong
Read the reply below, it wasn't even Metal rod or hammer. I was wrong in even mentioning metal tone in the first place. The police officer could have shoot into open Air. They have many other tools that could be used in that scenario.

As to those who mention about protesting, 2M of Hong Kong people tried to protest peacefully without any success, in a democratic world they would have lost the election and a new government would have been set up. So you cant really compare protest of a country with democracy in place where they have an option, to a place where no option was given, obey or leave.

I am against violence, but at this point in time the HK police have been the far worst offender.

Well said. A lot of comments (many of which toeing the Chinese communist party line) are comparing apples with oranges. Hong Kong does not have a democratically elected government despite enjoying a century of civil liberties and rule of law. Now these freedoms and values are being eroded by a totalitarian regime. In a democratic country, peaceful protest of such scale would have put political solutions in motion - someone would have stepped down, and reforms triggered). Yet in the totalitarian Hong Kong, people have absolutely no way of protesting their rights via peaceful protests.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.