Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Anybody else having problems applying for there Apple Card? I have tried several times over the past 2 days and it keeps coming back with the same "identity cannot be verified" screen. I have entered my full SSN and provided pictures of my photo id,(Drivers License) and it simply will not accept them. I have gone over every detail with a fine tooth comb to see if there was a small typo anywhere, and there is not. I have tried submitting the id under several lighting conditions and backgrounds, and I even tried using my passport card to see if my id for some reason wasn't being accepted.

I have called Apple Support 3 times, the last time got a "supervisor" at Goldman Sachs who said he has escalated it and will be in touch when there is a resolution, but gave no time frame.

I was so excited I got the invite, but this really is the most trouble I've ever had applying for a card. I suppose this is why there doing a "preview" rollout

esf215

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2013
Do you happen to have a freeze on your credit? I"m still waiting for my invite.

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2015
NC
I was able to sign up a little while before my invitation arrived. It just appeared when tapping the + symbol in the Wallet app. It literally took seconds for everything to process on Apple’s end and to proliferate into all my payment settings.

Arcade

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2012
Bronx, NY
I saw the invitation email went to sign up and everything went well but with every other card I was "DENIED". :mad:

au2us

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2017
Same experience for me. Went through the application process and the last screen said it was not able to be approved and I’d get an email explaining why. The email came through immediately and the reason given was “We are unable to verify your identification information.” I tried numerous times with no luck. Wondered if my ID photos were not clear enough but even when submitting with images that looked sharp had the same result.

Reactions: Artwire

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Same experience for me. Went through the application process and the last screen said it was not able to be approved and I’d get an email explaining why. The email came through immediately and the reason given was “We are unable to verify your identification information.” I tried numerous times with no luck. Wondered if my ID photos were not clear enough but even when submitting with images that looked sharp had the same result.

Me too. Very frustrating!

Did you have to alter any of the pre-loaded info when you were going through the application process? I'm trying to figure out what is triggering this nonsense.

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
I didn't alter anything besides adding my date of birth and SSN info. All the other pre loaded info was correct.

DJnaknik

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2012
Same problem here... called the support line.m and was told they’ll be in touch in the next day or too.

I’m wondering if being declined due to this reason has any effect on the credit score?

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Hmm... I recently moved and had an address change. Did you?

Actually, yes I did just move within the last two months. Wonder if that has something to do with it. Maybe TransUnion doesn't have my new address info yet (since TransUnion is who they pull from).Edit: TransUnion has my correct address so I don’t think it has anything to do with that.
[doublepost=1565319419][/doublepost]
No, didn’t need to change anything, so I’m really not sure what the issue was.
Did it eventually work for you? Or still having issues?
[doublepost=1565319481][/doublepost]
Same problem here... called the support line.m and was told they’ll be in touch in the next day or too.

I’m wondering if being declined due to this reason has any effect on the credit score?
No effect on your credit score. You can apply as many times as you’d like and it will only cause a hard pull when you get an offer and accept it

Last edited:

A440SPS

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2019
Anybody else having problems applying for there Apple Card? I have tried several times over the past 2 days and it keeps coming back with the same "identity cannot be verified" screen. I have entered my full SSN and provided pictures of my photo id,(Drivers License) and it simply will not accept them. I have gone over every detail with a fine tooth comb to see if there was a small typo anywhere, and there is not. I have tried submitting the id under several lighting conditions and backgrounds, and I even tried using my passport card to see if my id for some reason wasn't being accepted.

I have called Apple Support 3 times, the last time got a "supervisor" at Goldman Sachs who said he has escalated it and will be in touch when there is a resolution, but gave no time frame.

I was so excited I got the invite, but this really is the most trouble I've ever had applying for a card. I suppose this is why there doing a "preview" rollout

Check your Apple ID info: full name, address, birthdate, and make sure it matches what you put in the application process (under Settings). It's probably nothing to do with the photo of your ID.

Reactions: Hobieh

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Check your Apple ID info: full name, address, birthdate, and make sure it matches what you put in the application process (under Settings). It's probably nothing to do with the photo of your ID.

That was the first thing I checked when I started getting verification errors. Everything matches my ID and my information. I don't know what the problem is. Hopefully my chats with support will eventually solve the problem, otherwise I don't think there's anything else I can do from my end.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014

I was having problems getting my identity verified. It kept rejecting my application “ identity cannot be verified”. Goldman Sachs customer service suggested I do a hard reset on my iPhone. Sure enough did the reset and was able to complete the whole process and approved in less than 2 mins.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
I was having problems getting my identity verified. It kept rejecting my application “ identity cannot be verified”. Goldman Sachs customer service suggested I do a hard reset on my iPhone. Sure enough did the reset and was able to complete the whole process and approved in less than 2 mins.

By "hard reset" do you mean shut down the phone and turn it back on? Or do you mean "reset all settings"? I think the latter would make a mess of things.

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
By "hard reset" do you mean shut down the phone and turn it back on? Or do you mean "reset all settings"? I think the latter would make a mess of things.

I tried a reset all settings on my iPad, and it’s still giving me the same error when applying for the card. So unless he meant a factory reset I think he just lucked out and it went through.
Edit: Did a full factory reset on secondary device and still gives the same error

Last edited:

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
I tried a reset all settings on my iPad, and it’s still giving me the same error when applying for the card. So unless he meant a factory reset I think he just lucked out and it went through.
Edit: Did a full factory reset on secondary device and still gives the same error

Yea, he just lucked out. I tried a couple more times today after just rebooting my iPhone and still no joy. Hopefully these folks that are supposed to call us actually do. Apple always has glitches like this at launch.

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
I just chatted with support again and they said my case is still pending. He said they were having other users with same issue and they are working quickly to resolve it, so take that for whatever it’s worth. Hopefully this is resolved by the time the “preview” period is over

Reactions: richard13

A440SPS

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2019
I did a backup and then "Erase All Content and Settings". After the restore, the problem continues, with the same identity validation error.

Vasopressin

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2019
United States

I'm having the exact same issue. Brand new ID card as well! Everything is so clean and legible, and it all matches....

jimrey51

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2019

[doublepost=1565444098][/doublepost]I am retired military and do not have a drivers license because of a disability. They will not accept my military ID as verification. My credit score is 839 today. Well, don't need it anyway, plenty of banks love my credit score and will give me a higher limit and better interest rate.

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
[doublepost=1565444098][/doublepost]I am retired military and do not have a drivers license because of a disability. They will not accept my military ID as verification. My credit score is 839 today. Well, don't need it anyway, plenty of banks love my credit score and will give me a higher limit and better interest rate.

It will accept a regular state ID as well it says if you have one of those

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I never got an invitation even though I signed up for a notification back when they first announced Apple Card. Randomly decided to check the Wallet app today and was able to apply and get approved immediately. So this whole time I could have had the Apple Card.:mad:

I won’t do business with anyone that doesn’t recognize military service. There loss not mine.
Not accepting a military ID as a form of verification is not the same as not recognizing military service. Also the possessive form of "they" is "their," not "there." Pretty sure this issue is due to a technical limitation than a political view.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.