Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Do you think passport should be added to the list of ID’s because I only have a passport currently
Of course I do. I also only have a passport and it wasn't recognized by the system, so I can't apply for the Apple Card even though I got the invitation. They should even add a screen to select the type of ID to be submitted before actually scanning the ID, because not all photo IDs have a front and back to scan. A passport, for instance, has all the information printed on a single page so it doesn't make sense to ask for scanning its front and back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Novaoblivion

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Of course I do. I also only have a passport and it wasn't recognized by the system, so I can't apply for the Apple Card even though I got the invitation. They should even add a screen to select the type of ID to be submitted before actually scanning the ID, because not all photo IDs have a front and back to scan. A passport, for instance, has all the information printed on a single page so it doesn't make sense to ask for scanning its front and back.
I messaged them and they said they are only going to allow drivers licenses and state ID at this time only, but do you think it will change by launch?

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
I was asked for driver's license. The scan is rather particular as exactly how the license is displayed. Laying on a flat surface is the best option.
We don’t need only drivers licenses for identification, there are other means for identification if need be

ElBerserko

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
I have a WA state driver's license and I'm getting the problem also. However it is the "enhanced" version of the license instead of the normal one. The design has been around for a long time though.

WA state Enhanced Driver license not being recognized for me as well.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
I messaged them and they said they are only going to allow drivers licenses and state ID at this time only, but do you think it will change by launch?
No idea, but I sure hope so. They are violating the law by not accepting other forms of ID.
[doublepost=1565816172][/doublepost]
We don’t need only drivers licenses for identification, there are other means for identification if need be
But GS will not accept them for the Apple Card. At least for now. That's illegal, but it seems they don't care to break the law.

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
No idea, but I sure hope so. They are violating the law by not accepting other forms of ID.
But GS will not accept them for the Apple Card. At least for now.
Is it actually against the law tho

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Who did you message? Apple or GS?
[doublepost=1565816386][/doublepost]
Yeah but they don't care, so what can we do?.
Idk I mean as is, the drivers license verification is broken and they should’ve added another way to verify
[doublepost=1565818914][/doublepost]
But GS will not accept them for the Apple Card. At least for now. That's illegal, but it seems they don't care to break the law.
It’s gonna be a bigger issue by launch if they don’t add other ID’s such as passports to the verification software

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Who did you message? Apple or GS?
[doublepost=1565816386][/doublepost]
Yeah but they don't care, so what can we do?.
Someone on reddit posted that if you scan The signature page (top page of passport) first and you use the photo page with all the information as the second page, it will work

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Someone on reddit posted that if you scan The signature page (top page of passport) first and you use the photo page with all the information as the second page, it will work
Thanks. I’ll try it.

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019

Attachments

• F5531E38-979D-4AC3-97B4-4229D39B8EB3.png
    F5531E38-979D-4AC3-97B4-4229D39B8EB3.png
    468.9 KB · Views: 479

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Let me know if it works. No problem
[doublepost=1565834850][/doublepost]
[doublepost=1565834990][/doublepost]
He said it took him 20 tries btw

Thanks a bunch for finding this and posting. I was finally able get passed verification using my passport. Only difference is I had to use the page with my picture first, followed by signature page. Approved instantly after that and card is ordered.

Reactions: Artwire

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Thanks a bunch for finding this and posting. I was finally able get passed verification using my passport. Only difference is I had to use the page with my picture first, followed by signature page. Approved instantly after that and card is ordered.
Glad to help! How many tries did it take you?

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California
I’ve had the same issue. Applied several times on my iPhone and iPad. Talked to chat support and said same thing expect a email or call with next steps for verification. Will try that “reset” to see if it works.
[doublepost=1565885608][/doublepost]Funny thing is, it never asks to submit pictures of my ID

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Let me know if it works. No problem
Nope. didn't work under any circumstance. I guess I'll be missing out on this one because I doubt this will change after the public launch.
[doublepost=1565891703][/doublepost]
Now it says I cannot be approved for too many recent attempts.
Looks like there's a maximum number of attempts allowed. How many times did you try?

Last edited:

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Nope. didn't work under any circumstance. I guess I'll be missing out on this one because I doubt this will change after the public launch.
[doublepost=1565891703][/doublepost]
Looks like there's a maximum number of tries allowed. How many times did you try?
Did you put the passport on a solid black background?

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Did you put the passport on a solid black background?
Yes. And even doing that it failed. I could see a completely clear and readable image of my passport after it was scanned and it still failed. I also tried scanning the top page as the front and the information page as the back ass suggested. It failed. I insist: that stupid system is designed to accept standard drivers licenses only. An enhanced license, Non-driver state ID, passport or anything other than a standard drivers license IS CLEARLY NOT BEING ACCEPTED AS AN OFFICIAL PHOTO ID.

Last edited:

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Yes. And even doing that it failed. I could see a completely clear and readable image of my passport after it was scanned and it still failed. I also tried scanning the top page as the front and the information page as the back ass suggested. It failed. I insist: that stupid system is designed to accept standard drivers licenses only. An enhanced license, Non-driver state ID, passport or anything other than a standard drivers license IS CLEARLY NOT BEING ACCEPTED AS AN OFFICIAL PHOTO ID.
Funny thing is that they stopped asking for Photo ID for me and they pulled another guy’s credit report and gave me a 250 limit, they also thought I had a mortgage too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.