Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
I tried 3 today
I just got that message you're talking about. The last time I tried to apply, it didn't let me try to scan my ID anymore and instead requested my full SSN. Then I got this screen:
IMG_1753.PNG

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
I think their getting bombarded with requests.

On another note. Do we know if iOS is a factor. I’m on iOS 13.
I doubt it. I'm on iOS 12.4 and we both had the same problem. If the iOS version were a factor, you wouldn't have had access to the application in the first place on iOS 13.

Funny thing is the promised email does not contain any additional details about their decision. It repeats the same message and tells me to chat via wallet (which is ridiculous since the chat is not accessible unless you do get the Apple Card), or call if I want more details.

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
I doubt it. I'm on iOS 12.4 and we both had the same problem. If the iOS version were a factor, you wouldn't have had access to the application in the first place on iOS 13.

Funny thing is the promised email does not contain any additional details about their decision. It repeats the same message and tells me to chat via wallet (which is ridiculous since the chat is not accessible unless you do get the Apple Card), or call if I want more details.
The application isn’t working atm
[doublepost=1565898555][/doublepost]

Chat is accessible, you just type in connect me to Apple Card and they will connect you

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California

I replied to their email and I got sent back chat support and the phone number.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Chat is accessible, you just type in connect me to Apple Card and they will connect you
you just type where? in iMessages? because there is NO way to access the chat from wallet if you didn't get the card.

Last edited:

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
I think they're getting bombarded with requests.
Serves them right. They wouldn't get bombarded if people didn't have to try to scan their ID so many times because some idiot setup the ID verification system poorly.
[doublepost=1565904289][/doublepost]
Looks like GS getting hammered rn
Serves them right. That wouldn't happen if so many of us didn't have to try to scan our ID so many times because of their sh....y ID verification process.

Reactions: prestigiouswireless

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
Ok, I've got a report here. After being denied several times I tried again tonight. Tried 3 times to get my new license (which BTW is an ever so slightly new design in my new state, GA) to scan I gave up on it. Then I whipped out my old license (a non-enhanced license from WA state with my old address on it) and it WORKED! What? How does that happen? The only thing I can think of is the credit bureau they are trying to match from is a few months behind.

tatoz

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2019
I just got that message you're talking about. The last time I tried to apply, it didn't let me try to scan my ID anymore and instead requested my full SSN. Then I got this screen:
View attachment 853134

Omg we’re literally in the EXACT same situation. I did everything that you did and I got the error id message and now it’s giving me this same bs screen. Trying to work it out with Transunion

imsnd701

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2019
Little Rock
My Real ID (Enhanced ID) in AR also did not work. I contacted Apple Customer Service via iMessage and the connected me to GS.
GS said Enhanced ID’s WILL NOT work and to try my old ID instead.
Well, I do not have it as they kept it at the DMV.

I have googled this over and over. I am shocked that it’s not a bigger story.

Reactions: Artwire

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
My Real ID (Enhanced ID) in AR also did not work. I contacted Apple Customer Service via iMessage and the connected me to GS.
GS said Enhanced ID’s WILL NOT work and to try my old ID instead.
Well, I do not have it as they kept it at the DMV.

I have googled this over and over. I am shocked that it’s not a bigger story.
I have an AR license as well that I got 2 years ago & gave me problems but yesterday it finally worked. I don't think it is the enhanced version, though. I think it was slightly different than the previous license but not the enhanced.

imsnd701

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2019
Little Rock
I have an AR license as well that I got 2 years ago & gave me problems but yesterday it finally worked. I don't think it is the enhanced version, though. I think it was slightly different than the previous license but not the enhanced.

The GS representative specifically told me that it came down to the second picture on the ID.
With that said, my friend has a new AR license (Non-Enhanced) and hasn’t been able to get his ID accepted either. We’ve tried several times. It keeps saying, connection error.

ReverseRev

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
I might be the only one who doesn't get a screen to verify an ID. What I do get is screens about information & address, last 4 of my ssn, income, full ssn, and finally the identity could not be verified screen. Called support and they said they sent the issue up to engineering but I missed the callback.

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California
I might be the only one who doesn't get a screen to verify an ID. What I do get is screens about information & address, last 4 of my ssn, income, full ssn, and finally the identity could not be verified screen. Called support and they said they sent the issue up to engineering but I missed the callback.

I got that too minus the call back

Novaoblivion

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2006

Would you mind sharing the number they called back from? I have a few missed calls from 800 numbers yesterday. I figured they were just spam since 90% of my phone calls are haha, but just realized it could have been them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.