Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diegoeo

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2019
Now it says I cannot be approved for too many recent attempts.
Ay have u gotten any info? I have been applying multiple times since yesterday morning and I never got that message. All it keeps asking me is to type in my SSN and never asked for my license then later shows me it “failed to prove identification”

Attachments

• 5DC3221D-DC21-4029-B674-88129C7556B3.png
    5DC3221D-DC21-4029-B674-88129C7556B3.png
    1,023.5 KB · Views: 339

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California
Ay have u gotten any info? I have been applying multiple times since yesterday morning and I never got that message. All it keeps asking me is to type in my SSN and never asked for my license then later shows me it “failed to prove identification”

I haven’t heard or gotten anything new. Still gives me same response. Tried applying against today

Diegoeo

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2019
Anyone else get this after entering their SSN?

Attachments

• 671B7798-3C6F-4F4C-B4D6-68CC88EB87C5.jpeg
    671B7798-3C6F-4F4C-B4D6-68CC88EB87C5.jpeg
    653.8 KB · Views: 580

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Anyone else get this after entering their SSN?
I got a similar one, and I posted the screenshot on this thread earlier. I got that after several failed attempts to scan my ID. Right before I got that screen, it had asked for my full SSN for the first time (previously it was enough to enter only the last four digits). The message on yours is longer and more detailed, though.

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California
So I contacted GS CS and they still have the ticket open on me in regards to the identification issue. They said it’s a known issue and are working rapidly to get it fixed within the next few days. Reason why everyone is having these random issues.

So crossing fingers. They assured me I was eligible for the Apple Card.

Reactions: Novaoblivion

DB8732

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2019
USA
Hi how did you contact GS CS? Is there a direct number?

So I contacted GS CS and they still have the ticket open on me in regards to the identification issue. They said it’s a known issue and are working rapidly to get it fixed within the next few days. Reason why everyone is having these random issues.

So crossing fingers. They assured me I was eligible for the Apple Card.

Novaoblivion

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2006
So I just got a callback from GS. They said that they looked into my case and that as of right now the recently redesigned ID's are not supported. They implied that the holographic nature of the redesigned ID is making it difficult to pickup the data. They're aware of the issue and working on a fix, but didn't have an ETA and suggested that I keep applying every now and again. They also recommended trying to take the photo from different angles to avoid the hologram showing as much.

I also asked about using a passport or passport card but they said that those aren't supported. Although I've seen some people say they were able to make them work.
[doublepost=1566055346][/doublepost]
Hi how did you contact GS CS? Is there a direct number?

I called the phone number listed in my "Your Apple Card Application Status" email (1-877-255-5923) a few days ago. It connects you to Apple support, but they routed me to GS after looking up my error.

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California
So I just got a callback from GS. They said that they looked into my case and that as of right now the recently redesigned ID's are not supported. They implied that the holographic nature of the redesigned ID is making it difficult to pickup the data. They're aware of the issue and working on a fix, but didn't have an ETA and suggested that I keep applying every now and again. They also recommended trying to take the photo from different angles to avoid the hologram showing as much.

I also asked about using a passport or passport card but they said that those aren't supported. Although I've seen some people say they were able to make them work.
[doublepost=1566055346][/doublepost]

I called the phone number listed in my "Your Apple Card Application Status" email (1-877-255-5923) a few days ago. It connects you to Apple support, but they routed me to GS after looking up my error.

Or you can reply back to that email and they will send you back a chat option as well. I’ve yet to get a call back but not sure which number they call you from either.

D9thomp

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2019
I have been trying to get past this same issue for days now. I have played phone and chat tag between Apple and GS and until I finally got to speak to a senior advisor I got basically pushed off to the next person.
The senior advisor confirmed what is posted earlier, basically they know there is an issue, they don’t know how to fix it, there is no current work around. The recommendation is to randomly try over and over every couple of days and hope. Oh, and keep iOS up-to-date.

I know it’s still in early roll-out, but this is exceptionally disappointing. Maybe Apple and GS aren’t a great match as they seem unable to work together on this. Time will tell. In the meantime, we are without a real answer, resolution, or time frame for either.
It is my hope to check this forum and see someone found a way to resolve it.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I have been trying to get past this same issue for days now. I have played phone and chat tag between Apple and GS and until I finally got to speak to a senior advisor I got basically pushed off to the next person.
The senior advisor confirmed what is posted earlier, basically they know there is an issue, they don’t know how to fix it, there is no current work around. The recommendation is to randomly try over and over every couple of days and hope. Oh, and keep iOS up-to-date.

I know it’s still in early roll-out, but this is exceptionally disappointing. Maybe Apple and GS aren’t a great match as they seem unable to work together on this. Time will tell. In the meantime, we are without a real answer, resolution, or time frame for either.
It is my hope to check this forum and see someone found a way to resolve it.
Why isn't there an alternate way to apply, like you would with a regular credit card. Either GS or Apple should have a website means to apply.

By the way, I had this same problem but was finally able to get my license accepted a few days later.

D9thomp

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2019
Why isn't there an alternate way to apply, like you would with a regular credit card. Either GS or Apple should have a website means to apply.

By the way, I had this same problem but was finally able to get my license accepted a few days later.

did you do anything different to get it to accept? I’ve been trying for a few days and numerous tries. Figured I’d hold off until either I hear something has been fixed or someone has a tip.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

I suspect that there will be once we get past the ‘preview’ phase of the rollout.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
did you do anything different to get it to accept? I’ve been trying for a few days and numerous tries. Figured I’d hold off until either I hear something has been fixed or someone has a tip.
I don't think that I did. I always took the picture with the license on a counter & tried to make sure there was no glare.

imsnd701

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2019
Little Rock
Generally speaking, it’s kind of funny how Apple can’t verify I’m me. Especially considering that I have multiple credit cards and two checking accounts already attached to Apple Wallet. Also, my account is registered to iTunes.
I use both (iTunes and Apple Wallet) all the time for years now.

My info there matches the application I’m submitting.

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California
Generally speaking, it’s kind of funny how Apple can’t verify I’m me. Especially considering that I have multiple credit cards and two checking accounts already attached to Apple Wallet. Also, my account is registered to iTunes.

My thoughts exactly

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017

Same with me. They verified me without requiring a photo ID just fine and activated my Apple Cash card back in 2017. Now they can't verify who I am for the Apple Card? it's just ridiculous.

prestigiouswireless

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2019
California
Just got a call from Goldman Sachs and they said they just added some enhancements. To wait a few days for my apps to drop so I can reapply and it should go through.

Legend27

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2019
Just got a call from Goldman Sachs and they said they just added some enhancements. To wait a few days for my apps to drop so I can reapply and it should go through.
How many days? And is that in regards to the recent applications. Did they add enhancements to the ID check?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.