Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vasopressin

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2019
United States
I won’t do business with anyone that doesn’t recognize military service. There loss not mine.
Right on. When I read your prior post, the first thing that came to mind was 'well, that's ********ed... and illegal'. **** 'em. There are plenty of banks out there that will be more than happy to hold your wad.
[doublepost=1565550353][/doublepost]
I never got an invitation even though I signed up for a notification back when they first announced Apple Card. Randomly decided to check the Wallet app today and was able to apply and get approved immediately. So this whole time I could have had the Apple Card.:mad:

Not accepting a military ID as a form of verification is not the same as not recognizing military service. Also the possessive form of "they" is "their," not "there." Pretty sure this issue is due to a technical limitation than a political view.
A military ID is legal identification everywhere in the United States, for everything. It's actually illegal to disallow military ID.

Reactions: compwiz1202

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
A military ID is legal identification everywhere in the United States, for everything. It's actually illegal to disallow military ID.
Like I said, it's most likely a technical problem. The person before said they were unable to get their driver's license accepted for verification. I wasn't asked for any form of ID outside of confirming my personal information. So how about everybody just chill before jumping to conclusions?

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Right on. When I read your prior post, the first thing that came to mind was 'well, that's ********ed... and illegal'. **** 'em. There are plenty of banks out there that will be more than happy to hold your wad.
You can’t use a military ID to apply because it’s illegal to copy it.
http://www.dodlive.mil/2017/05/11/did-you-know-photocopying-a-government-id-is-illegal/

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
By "hard reset" do you mean shut down the phone and turn it back on? Or do you mean "reset all settings"? I think the latter would make a mess of things.

Just hold the on/off button and the up and down button depending on if u have the latest iPad Pro until u see the apple logo then release.

ray737

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
By "hard reset" do you mean shut down the phone and turn it back on? Or do you mean "reset all settings"? I think the latter would make a mess of things.

Just hold the on/off button and the up and down button depending on if u have the latest iPad Pro until u see the apple logo then release.

Hobieh

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2019
Anybody else having problems applying for there Apple Card? I have tried several times over the past 2 days and it keeps coming back with the same "identity cannot be verified" screen. I have entered my full SSN and provided pictures of my photo id,(Drivers License) and it simply will not accept them. I have gone over every detail with a fine tooth comb to see if there was a small typo anywhere, and there is not. I have tried submitting the id under several lighting conditions and backgrounds, and I even tried using my passport card to see if my id for some reason wasn't being accepted.

I have called Apple Support 3 times, the last time got a "supervisor" at Goldman Sachs who said he has escalated it and will be in touch when there is a resolution, but gave no time frame.

I was so excited I got the invite, but this really is the most trouble I've ever had applying for a card. I suppose this is why there doing a "preview" rollout
Anybody else having problems applying for there Apple Card? I have tried several times over the past 2 days and it keeps coming back with the same "identity cannot be verified" screen. I have entered my full SSN and provided pictures of my photo id,(Drivers License) and it simply will not accept them. I have gone over every detail with a fine tooth comb to see if there was a small typo anywhere, and there is not. I have tried submitting the id under several lighting conditions and backgrounds, and I even tried using my passport card to see if my id for some reason wasn't being accepted.

I have called Apple Support 3 times, the last time got a "supervisor" at Goldman Sachs who said he has escalated it and will be in touch when there is a resolution, but gave no time frame.

I was so excited I got the invite, but this really is the most trouble I've ever had applying for a card. I suppose this is why there doing a "preview" rollout
[doublepost=1565620798][/doublepost]Similar issue. After scanning my ID I keep getting “connection error” message. Tried WiFi and cellular same error. Chat with Apple was useless. Kept being transferred to someone else. Called and same.

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
Sometimes it is as simple as an address it does not like the format of. Recently applied for a mortgage and if I entered my address as Apt. xxx it would not accept my verification. Removed the period and it went through fine. It is often something tiny with automated systems not properly recognizing something.

Hobieh

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2019
Sometimes it is as simple as an address it does not like the format of. Recently applied for a mortgage and if I entered my address as Apt. xxx it would not accept my verification. Removed the period and it went through fine. It is often something tiny with automated systems not properly recognizing something.
Thank you. I’ll check that.

I would also like to start the application process over but it keeps returning me to where I left off at.

Novaoblivion

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2006
FWIW I got my invite today and I'm having similar problems. I did move within the last few months, but my new address does show on my drivers license and credit report.

I called them and talked on the phone for a while, they eventually said that they received the photo of my ID but that someone needs to manually review it and that I would get a phone call when that was done.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
FWIW I got my invite today and I'm having similar problems. I did move within the last few months, but my new address does show on my drivers license and credit report.

I called them and talked on the phone for a while, they eventually said that they received the photo of my ID but that someone needs to manually review it and that I would get a phone call when that was done.

Yea, good luck with that. I was told the same thing last week. No calls.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug or several bugs in the verification process. Never, have I ever had a problem getting a credit card like this.

The ironic thing is that I don't need or even particularly want the card anymore. I just want to hear their lame excuse why this didn't work. Apple hires some of the lousiest engineers.

Psosmith82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Yea, good luck with that. I was told the same thing last week. No calls.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug or several bugs in the verification process. Never, have I ever had a problem getting a credit card like this.

The ironic thing is that I don't need or even particularly want the card anymore. I just want to hear their lame excuse why this didn't work. Apple hires some of the lousiest engineers.

I just called and spoke with them again. I spoke with a manager this time that told me specifically that he has gotten several calls since last week about the same issue. It has something to do with their verification service and something not matching exactly with certain ID's He said they are actively investigating it and that my case specifically has gone from "pending" to "investigating" and that I should get a call or email no later by the end of the week. We'll see if that's the case, and If I get an answer I'll update this post.

Hobieh

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2019
I just tried from my iPad starting from the beginning. Same error message “connection error” when submitting the scanned image of my DL.

This is ridiculous!

willardp808

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2019
I've been hitting the resubmit button for Photo ID all morning. Keep getting can't verify due to communication error. Have hard reset phone several times already.

Reactions: HDJulie and Hobieh

samtom

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2019

I am getting the exact same problem. First applied this morning and the ID photo wouldn't even submit. Tried it multiple times. I tried again a few hours later and this time the ID photo submitted but got the same "could not be verified" issue as others have gotten. I did as instructed and resubmitted the entire application, getting the same result.

I called the number for Apple Support and they immediately transferred me to Goldman Sachs. They said this a known issue and will mark me for review once it's fixed and I will receive an email with updated decision. I asked what service they use to process ID photos (I work in finance and we use SynapseFi) and they said Apple does the identity verification. So it sounds like it's a bug coming from Apple's software, they're aware of it, and working to fix it.

EDIT: For clarification, I have a WA state enhanced driver's license.

Last edited:
Reactions: Novaoblivion

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
I am getting the exact same problem. First applied this morning and the ID photo wouldn't even submit. Tried it multiple times. I tried again a few hours later and this time the ID photo submitted but got the same "could not be verified" issue as others have gotten. I did as instructed and resubmitted the entire application, getting the same result.

I called the number for Apple Support and they immediately transferred me to Goldman Sachs. They said this a known issue and will mark me for review once it's fixed and I will receive an email with updated decision. I asked what service they use to process ID photos (I work in finance and we use SynapseFi) and they said Apple does the identity verification. So it sounds like it's a bug coming from Apple's software, they're aware of it, and working to fix it.
And hence, the reason for the slow rollout

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017

I have the same problem, but haven’t called anyone yet. Apparently, someone took a rather narrow minded and stupid approach to set up the application process and it seems the system will only recognize a US driver license as a valid photo ID (hence why it asks to scan the front and back). I don’t have one so I scanned my passport, but the system rejected it every time. I don’t even know what to scan as the ‘back’ of the passport, since a passport doesn’t really have a ‘front’ and a ‘back’ to scan because all the information is printed on a single page (which is, to me, the clear indication that the system was narrow mindedly setup exclusively for driver licenses).

Last edited:

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
Just as it is not to recognize a passport as an official ID and they’re doing exactly that. Some idiot set up the system only to recognize driver licenses; they will have to fix that because it’s idiotic. Before scanning, there should be a screen asking what type of Photo ID is to be scanned because not all of them have a front and back to scan (a passport has all the information on a single page, for example).

Last edited:
Reactions: compwiz1202

tatoz

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2019

same freaking problem. I've tried everything. calling them did nothing either lol. Our best bet is to wait tbh.

Novaoblivion

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2006
My state (Oregon) did roll out a new drivers license design around the beginning of the year. I have one of the new ones, I wonder if their service doesn’t recognize it haha.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
My state (Oregon) did roll out a new drivers license design around the beginning of the year. I have one of the new ones, I wonder if their service doesn’t recognize it haha.
From what we've all been posting here it seems their service doesn't recognize newly redesigned driver licenses or any official Photo ID other than a driver's license.

samtom

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2019
From what we've all been posting here it seems their service doesn't recognize newly redesigned driver licenses or any official Photo ID other than a driver's license.
I have a WA state driver's license and I'm getting the problem also. However it is the "enhanced" version of the license instead of the normal one. The design has been around for a long time though.

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
I have a WA state driver's license and I'm getting the problem also. However it is the "enhanced" version of the license instead of the normal one. The design has been around for a long time though.
Like I said, if it's not the most common or usual drivers license, it does not get recognized.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.