Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
If I'm Reading the Tea Leaves correctly, it sounds like he is planing to Exit Apple (soon).
I think Jeff Williams is being groomed to take over as CEO. Cook might stay around as Chairman or something and maybe Lisa Jackson continues to report to him.

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

jjudson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
North Carolina
Tim has ... rung out every one of SJ's last ideas and now the chamois is dry and stiff as a board.

This should be stapled on every shareholder's head.

What exactly has he come up with that's new?

The iPhone? Already there.
The iPad? Already there.
The Macbook? Already there.
The Mac? Already there.
iTunes Music? Already there.
The Apple Watch? Already in development.

Spec bumps, emojis, and accessories don't count as invention.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I really wish Tim Cook would put as much effort into Apple's products as he puts into virtue signaling.
I dunno man, the AirPods, latest and greatest iPhones, iPad Pro, the new Mac Pro, Apple Watch, the resurgence of Beats all happened on Tim's watch.
[automerge]1571962990[/automerge]
This should be stapled on every shareholder's head.

What exactly has he come up with that's new?

The iPhone? Already there.
The iPad? Already there.
The Macbook? Already there.
The Mac? Already there.
iTunes Music? Already there.
The Apple Watch? Already in development.

Spec bumps, emojis, and accessories don't count as invention.
Where did the mean Socially Conscious Tim Cook hurt you?

What happened on Tim's watch is Tim's. Period. He was the CEO.

atomic.flip

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2008
Orange County, CA
Can he just give it a rest for once? Apple should be a lot more focused on technology and less focused on gender identity, sexuality and political issues.

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I was thinking when I came here to find yet another of these “Tim Cook visits the Zoo!“ headlines.

Tim is spending more and more time and energy being in the spotlight than putting a spotlight on the products his company creates.

And while I haven’t read the interview (I seriously cannot be bothered to waste any effort on that) I’d love to get his perspective on how righteous Apple is regarding taking down an application that helps protesters remain safe in Hong Kong while literally sucking up to applications and their creators like the gay social networking (if you can call it that) app Grindr.

I guarantee you more illegal acts have been committed on and because of that app than anything ever conceived of on the app taken down due to politics and money.

(And no. It’s not about being Gay or what ever. It’s the fact the app peddles in pushing sex over anything else. And sadly to a community of people who have already been beleaguered with lifestyle consequences.)

Maybe Mr. Cook would care to relate his own coming out experience to that of many teens now... who because of devices like the iPhone and applications like Grindr have their first gay “experience” being that of going to a 30-40 plus year old’s home for casual sex.

The only thing more ludicrous about the above statement is the fact it is true.

Mr. Cook, just resign and let someone else do the job. You’re just not up to the task.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
The interview isn't annoying because of what he says. It's annoying that there aren't other interviews where he talks about technology, the type Steve Jobs used to give to Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg. He might rightly know that he doesn't have much to say about technology. From the outside, it seems like he was perfect for the position he previously held.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
The interview isn't annoying because of what he says. It's annoying that there aren't other interviews where he talks about technology, the type Steve Jobs used to give to Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg. He might rightly know that he doesn't have much to say about technology. From the outside, it seems like he was perfect for the position he previously held.
You don’t think the COO of a tech company needs to know about technology?

Reactions: Hank Carter

Brandhouse

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2014
Bla bla, just focus on the job Cook. No one cares about people’s sex lives. At least they shouldn’t, yeah I know, crazy world we live in.

i guess this announcement is somehow to balance the Chinese collusion.

What people do in the own privacy I couldn't give two hoots about, just don't tell me and if you have to tell me, then you should be open to me telling you about how I'm heterosexual. But that wouldn't go down because we can never talk about that, only how a person might be gay, queer etc.

Justanotherfanboy

Suspended
Jul 3, 2018
Tim is a sad and confused man. He loves to lecture America on what “good values” are yet turns a blind eye to Chinese oppression of Hong Kong and muslims.
This. He talks the talk but does not walk the walk.
Limousine liberals: all about helping the right kind of minorities against the right kind of oppression.
Orrrrrrr (just work with me here a minute), you guys are much more likely sad and DEFINITELY more confused... if you thought Apple was a powerful Chinese company.
Ummm... they’re an American company.
This is fairly common knowledge!
As such, they are obviously far far more powerful here than anywhere else on the planet.
You heard in the news that Dreamers are no longer in any danger of them or their families getting deported because of Tim’s efforts?? No??
Huh. I guess even in their home country, again- where they yield the MOST power, they don’t seem to be able to march around demanding changes in the government.
But you guys think he can successfully boss around FOREIGN governments??!!
Or are you guys suggesting that you realize there’s nothing he can do to singlehandedly overthrow foreign countries, so he should order up the demolition of all Apple stores & sales to innocent citizens of every country that he personally disagrees with?
I mean, it doesn’t really matter which you’re trying to say, actually. That question is rhetorical.
Either is absurd.
There’s no possible way you can rearrange anything you have said to have any meaning whatsoever.
It reads like a silly angry diatribe against someone you simply do not like.

Brandhouse

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2014
That’s like saying rap is a pretty African American-centric genre of music. You can’t force a person, regardless of their race to work in tech. Apple does a pretty good job at diversity all things considered.
And filling roles should never be about quotas, ever. It’s about the right person for the role, regardless of who, what they might be.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
What people do in the own privacy I couldn't give two hoots about, just don't tell me and if you have to tell me, then you should be open to me telling you about how I'm heterosexual. But that wouldn't go down because we can never talk about that, only how a person might be gay, queer etc.
Can you cite examples of this?

Reactions: tookitogo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.