Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
I no longer have any trust or any respect for Apple after their decision to force mass surveillance on people’s devices.

what is he going to say about cybersecurity? that after all of the privacy and security claims, he fully bent down for their requests and opened a giant backdoor on everyones iPhone to be constantly monitored and profiled?

citysnaps

macrumors G5
Oct 10, 2011
I no longer have any trust or any respect for Apple after their decision to force mass surveillance on people’s devices.

what is he going to say about cybersecurity? that after all of the privacy and security propaganda he fully bent down and opened a giant backdoor on everyones iPhone to be constantly monitored and profiled?
No, he didn’t open a giant back door on everyone‘s iPhone.

Still, in light of your outrage, will you soon be voting with your wallet?

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010

what is he going to say about cybersecurity? that after all of the privacy and security propaganda he fully bent down and opened a giant backdoor on everyones iPhone to be constantly monitored and profiled?

Mass surveillance? Apple does not want you to use iCloud to upload child sex abuse images. I know that this may be difficult for you to understand: but it works only when you use iCloud. Not anything else on the phone, just iCloud.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA

Try reading, The CEO’s Role In Preventing A Cyber Crisis

If you’re like many CEOs we meet, you assume cyber risks are best left to the experts and you have these experts in your IT and cybersecurity departments.

But the reality is that no amount of delegation will shield you from the personal consequences of a cyberattack. Following a breach, parties whose information is stolen, or whose lives are otherwise impacted, look for someone to blame. And they don’t look to your technical experts or security vendors. Upset politicians and incited media don’t blame a faulty firewall.

They look at you, the CEO. And they don’t care who you put in charge of cybersecurity.
So CEO's are regularly involved with all aspects of a company's cybersecurity.

Reactions: KeithBN

Denmac1

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2007
Lost in Space
Because Social Media is more about data mining activity from internet participants instead of it representing a method for attacking a walled off enterprise intranet operations such as critical infrastructures like utilities, communications/telecom, energy, military, government services.
Zuke, hiding behind his facade, only cares about the $$$$$$

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Biden wants to know when the NSA gets direct access to the surveillance app in iOS 15.
No, it's not Biden. It's the Freemasons who want to know that.

The Lizard people have tried to convince Biden to stop the Freemasons from doing this as it would give them too much power. But of course, the Lizard people are not as rich and cannot bribe like the Freemasons can.

Nuvi

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2008
biden just as confused as those complaining about privacy.

CSAM on-device detection is simply a net positive for privacy when you look at device/cloud which customers are going to use anyways.

Sure… and I have a bridge to sell you. You do understand the researchers who have been working on CSAM think it is dangerous and Apple shouldn’t implement it? However, now expert like you is telling on-device scanning is net positive for privacy. That makes me fell so much better. You must be the uber developer of CSAM because you know so much. Then again, I’m leaning towards thinking you’re just full of it. I mean seriously, who in their right mind thinks a device which you own and normally would control and in many cases has LAN access to confidential data should have spy program installed, which scans every single iOS users photo library and reports offending findings to authorities. Come on dude, “net positive for privacy”... Thats what NSA said when they came up with Prism…

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Meanwhile Tim Crook is busy purposely building backdoors into devices.
Ah, but note that we actually never heard a single word regarding that issue from Tim. They sent Craig for damage control. It’s interesting imo, and I can’t wait for the movie version in the future.

Reactions: scvrx and Huck

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
you may want to do a little reseach.

no way you were ever a commodore user.
Ok, then help me, please. Tell me how how Apple will be engaging in mass surveillance. Because from what I've read so far, this only works if someone uses iCloud. Apple does not want their servers to be used to host illegal imagery of an abhorrent nature.

(Just because I'm not buying into the fear hysteria doesn't mean I was never a Commodore user. Using that logic I can claim that everyone here on this board who is against my position could never be a Commodore user.)

Playfoot

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
Mass surveillance? Apple does not want you to use iCloud to upload child sex abuse images. I know that this may be difficult for you to understand: but it works only when you use iCloud. Not anything else on the phone, just iCloud.
For the moment. Many security experts agree the ability to scan on the phone is now in place.

Not to mention that Apple has NO idea what is in the hash database received from NCMECT and other agencies. To keep it relevant to Tim, what happens in another regime when there is a widely used rainbow flag hash included, and apple must comply with a law that all hits must be sent directly to State security? No review by the Apple man.

Granted not happening now, but most agree the technology is now in place.

Reactions: xflashx and Huck
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.