Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathan_reilly

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2016
Just FOCUS on STOPPING CSAM, Tim. I hope the other CEO's that will be joining the meeting is not happy with what Apple is about to introduce with CSAM.

Hopefully, Tim doesn't focus on Cyber Espionage. LOL, is this a joke?

honestly sometimes your comments are just a whole bunch of mixed viewpoints, posted first...

Reactions: ScreenSavers

macdos

Suspended
Oct 15, 2017
Corporations have always complied and cooperated with the authorities. Echelon, Prism, Xkeyscore, what have you not… Apple is certainly no exception, and the feds got their hands in their clouds.

If this was China, and Ma Huateng met with president Xi Jinping under similar circumstances, the tune would be a bit different.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
Mass surveillance? Apple does not want you to use iCloud to upload child sex abuse images. I know that this may be difficult for you to understand: but it works only when you use iCloud. Not anything else on the phone, just iCloud.
You can remove the content label from your post since it's irrelevant to the discussion. Apple is scanning all your content and then sharing information about every photo with third parties. Why and how don't really mean much.

jjudson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
North Carolina
No, it's not Biden. It's the Freemasons who want to know that.

The Lizard people have tried to convince Biden to stop the Freemasons from doing this as it would give them too much power. But of course, the Lizard people are not as rich and cannot bribe like the Freemasons can.
Hey, I’m a Freemason, and I don’t want to sound threatening but…

Watch yourself.

We know everything about you.

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
For the moment. Many security experts agree the ability to scan on the phone is now in place.

Not to mention that Apple has NO idea what is in the hash database received from NCMECT and other agencies. To keep it relevant to Tim, what happens in another regime when there is a widely used rainbow flag hash included, and apple must comply with a law that all hits must be sent directly to State security? No review by the Apple man.

Granted not happening now, but most agree the technology is now in place.

Ahh, so it's the logical fallacy "appeal to consequences". X can happen if you do Y, so Y should never be done. Sorry, but you're going to need to come up with a real argument.

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
I’d love to be a fly on the wall. I wonder if Tim will bring one of these to keep Biden engaged:

FD13BEBB-8199-4A9C-9FC4-2302D178DD96.jpeg

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Apple is scanning all your content and then sharing information about every photo with third parties. Why and how don't really mean much.

They are looking for illegal content. THey do not wish to have their services and their servers be used for sexual abuse imagery. The third party they're sharing it with are those who prosecute such crimes.

Nice try, but you need a bit more stronger of an argument than that.

farewelwilliams

Suspended
Jun 18, 2014
Sure… and I have a bridge to sell you.

You do understand the researchers who have been working on CSAM think it is dangerous and Apple shouldn’t implement it?

Wrong. Did you even read the article? Reuters article says "Though coming mainly from employees outside of lead security and privacy roles, the pushback marks a shift for a company where a strict code of secrecy around new products colors other aspects of the corporate culture."

I'm willing to bet you only read the headline and incorrectly assumed it was the CSAM engineers that complained.

I mean seriously, who in their right mind thinks a device which you own..

Apple's core security employees think so.
"Core security employees did not appear to be major complainants in the posts, and some of them said that they thought Apple's solution was a reasonable response to pressure to crack down on illegal material."

"Other employees said they hoped that the scanning is a step toward fully encrypting iCloud for customers who want it"

Look at how that backfired.

Your sarcasm isn't good btw. Kind of insulting and didn't contribute much to the discussion so I'm going stop arguing with you. Have a good one.

Reactions: q64ceo

DesignTime

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2021
How many emails do you think were sent between them all trying to decide which video conferencing service to use? Saying that, I’m sure it’s an in-person meeting. The top executives of these companies don’t really believe in those services. They really only care about making more money. Time to remove these old farts.

Reactions: Huck

Playfoot

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
Ahh, so it's the logical fallacy "appeal to consequences". X can happen if you do Y, so Y should never be done. Sorry, but you're going to need to come up with a real argument.
Smile.

Well, one could say the same for you. X is only X so there is no need to consider Y.

Such thinking would mean there is no need for redundant systems, contingencies, excess margins and more. To state one should NOT consider alternative outcomes, unintended consequences, etc is to ignore centuries of thought, science engineering, and indeed warfare.

Yojimbo007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
F them both… !!!
The Senile Imbecile meets the Cunning B.S. er

Last edited:
Reactions: Huck
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.