Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Phone will you order?

• iPhone 8

Votes: 19 1.2%
  • iPhone 8 plus

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • iPhone X

Votes: 1,527 96.6%

• Total voters

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Wow this was fast. Ordered on 11/30/17. Then 12/1/17 I got charged and went "Preparing for Shipment" Then today, it got Shipped, but of course it's the weekend. So likely not till Tuesday

upload_2017-12-2_15-28-8.png

ilka

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2017
Wow this was fast. Ordered on 11/30/17. Then 12/1/17 I got charged and went "Preparing for Shipment" Then today, it got Shipped, but of course it's the weekend. So likely not till Tuesday

View attachment 739864

Same here. I ordered on Nov 30 - about late afternoon. a 256GB Silver iPhone X (no carrier setup). It showed "Delivers Dec 8-15, by Next Day Shipping". With a matter of hours, it changed to "Delivers 8 Dec, by Next Day Shipping". Yesterday evening (Dec 1) there a minor hiccup with my bank debit card - but I sorted it out within minutes of receiving the email. The order then changed to "Preparing to ship", and just now (Dec 2, late evening) I received a confirmation that it has shipped and will be delivered by Dec 5.
I am amazed! No Mac or iPad I have ever ordered has shipped this fast. I needed the delivery to be precisely on Dec 8th - so, was looking at forums and saw that many who ordered much earlier in November are still waiting to receive their phones. I don't know what's going on, but I can confirm that new orders are getting shipped out and fast! (I have been tracking anticipated shipping estimates for a while - and it dropped, went up, and about a week or so back dropped to 1-2 weeks...that's when I decided to order).

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

Same here. I ordered on Nov 30 - about late afternoon. a 256GB Silver iPhone X (no carrier setup). It showed "Delivers Dec 8-15, by Next Day Shipping". With a matter of hours, it changed to "Delivers 8 Dec, by Next Day Shipping". Yesterday evening (Dec 1) there a minor hiccup with my bank debit card - but I sorted it out within minutes of receiving the email. The order then changed to "Preparing to ship", and just now (Dec 2, late evening) I received a confirmation that it has shipped and will be delivered by Dec 5.
I am amazed! No Mac or iPad I have ever ordered has shipped this fast. I needed the delivery to be precisely on Dec 8th - so, was looking at forums and saw that many who ordered much earlier in November are still waiting to receive their phones. I don't know what's going on, but I can confirm that new orders are getting shipped out and fast! (I have been tracking anticipated shipping estimates for a while - and it dropped, went up, and about a week or so back dropped to 1-2 weeks...that's when I decided to order).
Yea and mine now says Delivers by Dec. 5th. So likely Tuesday. I'm pretty sure mines coming from the warehouse now since it looks they have plenty in stock now.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007

Plenty of supply now. Apple Stores and Carrier stores all with supply now. No more long waits. Pre-orders all delivered IN Apple’s promised time windows. We should go a little easier on Apple in the future. Their most popular phones will ALWAYS create back orders. And they delivered within their promised timeframes. Have heard no stories otherwise.

It’s been fun. Signing off for another year. See you all next year for the mayhem! Happy Holidays, all!

ttate90303

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2008
California
Mine is out for delivery today too. And UPS did get the Apple Leather case showed up late Friday night.
Well all done. New device delivered this afternoon. Time to set it up as a new device - not bringing over all the old apps and possible glitches. Everyone enjoy the new phone. Thanks for the ride.

Last edited:

biopig

macrumors regular
May 15, 2014
Still no delivers today as of 4:30pm tho it says "out for delivery today". UPS missed the ETA for yesterday and they will miss today again.

Screen Shot 2017-12-02 at 4.30.40 PM.png

crisandria

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
CT
Mine is still waiting to leave Windsor Locks, still no delivery day listed. And my other package that was going to show up today, never left MA for my local point in CT.

Hoping for Monday, at this point. Definitely disappointed I didn't get it this weekend.

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Make sure all you guys and gals with your new iPhone X’s upgrade immediately to 11.2 to avoid a frustrating auto-respringing bug that will hit your phones at 12:15am tonight..

Read about here..

Updating to 11.2 fixes it.

ApplePersonFreak

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2016
Mine is still waiting to leave Windsor Locks, still no delivery day listed. And my other package that was going to show up today, never left MA for my local point in CT.

Hoping for Monday, at this point. Definitely disappointed I didn't get it this weekend.

Did your delivery date update to Monday at all? If not I’d give them a call or a chat tomorrow morning.

crisandria

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
CT
Did your delivery date update to Monday at all? If not I’d give them a call or a chat tomorrow morning.
No, both dates are now information unavailable. At the end of the tracking line that said it was delayed due to a late plane, it did say delivery was rescheduled for next business day. But the date still has not updated. And that line was before the arrival at Windsor Locks.

Hopefully by morning it will have left Windsor Locks. If it doesn’t I will call inquiring about it.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hmmm. Apple.com has it delivered by Tuesday but UPS updated it say delivered by Monday. So looks like I may get mine tomorrow. Mines coming from the warehouse based in California as the starting point.

Praesto

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Congrats on the new phone. I have a case on mine but no protector yet. Which one did you go with?

As NewdestinyX mentioned I use the Zagg HD. I got both the front and rear, as well as a polycarbonate clear case. I ended up having zagg re-install it (it's free since its warrantied). The new installation looks 100% perfect, additionally the phone looks great and is very well protected at this point.

I ordered mine Friday the 24th of November and received it exactly 1 week later on Friday 12/1!

Make sure all you guys and gals with your new iPhone X’s upgrade immediately to 11.2 to avoid a frustrating auto-respringing bug that will hit your phones at 12:15am tonight..

Read about here..

Updating to 11.2 fixes it.

Wrong place for the post but definitely appreciate you putting this out. I was unhindered by this bug as it only occurred if you had particular apps. I really wish someone would EXPLAIN the bug instead of telling us what it does I find it very intriguing lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.