Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Phone will you order?

• iPhone 8

Votes: 19 1.2%
  • iPhone 8 plus

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • iPhone X

Votes: 1,527 96.6%

• Total voters

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
As NewdestinyX mentioned I use the Zagg HD. I got both the front and rear, as well as a polycarbonate clear case. I ended up having zagg re-install it (it's free since its warrantied). The new installation looks 100% perfect, additionally the phone looks great and is very well protected at this point.
Salesman mentioned back cover one too.. don’t understand why anyone would ever need this if their phone is in a case? Please explain..

MichaelLucas

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2017
Hi Guys,

I Ordered on November 29 For iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray ( T-Mobile ) Unlocked.

It's still showing

Order in Progress

Delivers 11 Dec, 2017 by Standard Shipping

Anyone the same?

driftking2k

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
First iPhone X I ordered November 24th, it got delivered on December 2nd, but they sent me a T-Mobile iPhone instead of the sprint one I ordered ughhh.

Ordered another one after returning the iPhone on December 2nd and I just got a notification saying my iPhone will be delivered December 5th, tomorrow.

How accurate is this? Apple delivering iPhones within 2 business days of ordering?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
First iPhone X I ordered November 24th, it got delivered on December 2nd, but they sent me a T-Mobile iPhone instead of the sprint one I ordered ughhh.

Ordered another one after returning the iPhone on December 2nd and I just got a notification saying my iPhone will be delivered December 5th, tomorrow.

How accurate is this? Apple delivering iPhones within 2 business days of ordering?
Pretty accurate as it is as the warehouse now has plenty of stock. Ordered mine on 11/30/17. On 12/2/17 it shipped. While UPS track said today but apple.com shows 12/5/17. But I'm definitely going with tomorrow since I don't see any movement on my tracking.

crisandria

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
CT
Just got my phone, even thou apple said it did not require signature, they did require one. Now off to update to the new iOS and then restore from backup.

biopig

macrumors regular
May 15, 2014
Fingers crossed for you. They may just be swamped with cyber monday packages and getting those out.
Thank u! I saw on December 1 in our porch there were a pile of packages which was unusually big. So I knew that carriers were swamped.

Plenty of stock in US now
Still no stock in San Francisco Bay Area :(

What happened, they delivered your phone and you forgot to update us?
So they have missed the delivery date 2 days in a row. It says “out for delivery today” again as of now. I hope they will deliver the phone today.
DAEC34B1-DFA2-4874-A97A-6BC60A6313ED.png

NewdestinyX

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2007
Still no stock in San Francisco Bay Area :(
What I meant to say is that no phones being distributed directly to customers are going from China to Kentucky to you - as they were for a while. San Francisco Bay will eventually get their stock from the main storehouses in the US.

MichaelLucas

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2017
Hi Guys,

I Ordered @ November 29 For iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray ( T-Mobile ) Unlocked.

It's still showing

Order in Progress

Delivers 11 Dec, 2017 by Standard Shipping

Anyone the same?

biopig

macrumors regular
May 15, 2014
Update Dec 5:

(My order was placed on Nov 9, Apple shipped it on Nov 27, and I'm updating my status here on Dec 5)
So my local UPS has screwed it up. 5 days roaming here but my phone never got delivered. I've been trying my best to go home as early as possible and wait at home on Dec 1, 2, 4, 5 which was when the ups app says "Scheduled delivery" but failed me every single day, 4 days in a row. I'm done with it. It made me so stressed and upset.

Called Apple today to ask them to withdraw the delivery. And placed another order for the unlocked version in Apple Store app, and picked it up within the same day. Voila!

IMG_0125.png
IMG_0126.png

Reactions: TimeSquareDesi

TimeSquareDesi

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2013
I'm totes New Yorkian
Update Dec 5:

(My order was placed on Nov 9, Apple shipped it on Nov 27, and I'm updating my status here on Dec 5)
So my local UPS has screwed it up. 5 days roaming here but my phone never got delivered. I've been trying my best to go home as early as possible and wait at home on Dec 1, 2, 4, 5 which was when the ups app says "Scheduled delivery" but failed me every single day, 4 days in a row. I'm done with it. It made me so stressed and upset.

Called Apple today to ask them to withdraw the delivery. And placed another order for the unlocked version in Apple Store app, and picked it up within the same day. Voila!

View attachment 740501 View attachment 740502

Glad to hear you took it into your own hands (literally) and for the phone yourself. Many on here did exactly that including myself. My status said “order in progress” for 2 weeks and I would up canceling my order on a Friday, order r via app and picked up the phone on Sunday!! Ridiculous that you have to wait so long for a phone you are paying through the nose for..... I was just as upset and frustrated as you and was made infinitely more frustrated each time I checked my order status (numerous times per day) only to see “order in progress”...... ughhhhh, I don’t want to think about it :(

Anyway, this thing is a beautiful machine. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your new phone!

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Out of curiousty, what would you guys predict would be the day I get my iPhone X. It’s a 64GB Verizon on IUP. It’s showinf 12/15 but Verizon has them in stock to ship today. Obviously Verizon and Apple don’t have the same stock, but should I be safe in guessing it might come before the 15th?

Exit: Whoops, ordered today.

Last edited:

HeatherA

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
I ordered my 256 Silver Sim Free X yesterday (12/7) and it's slated for 12/15 delivery. However, I woke up today to a preparing for shipment status and it's next day shipping so I'm hoping it comes sooner than that.

Edit: My Barclay card has also been billed for both the phone and AC so fingers crossed I get it Monday.

Last edited:
Reactions: AppleFan91

HeatherA

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
I ordered my 256 Silver Sim Free X yesterday (12/7) and it's slated for 12/15 delivery. However, I woke up today to a preparing for shipment status and it's next day shipping so I'm hoping it comes sooner than that.

Edit: My Barclay card has also been billed for both the phone and AC so fingers crossed I get it Monday.

Shipping notification received...scheduled delivery 12/9

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US

Lucky lol. I ordered mine 12/7 too lol. No charge and still at “order in progress”. Oh well lol, it’ll come

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.