Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's Phil Schiller, responsible for Apple events and the App Store, has deactivated his Twitter account following recent developments on the platform.

phill-leaves-twitter-2.jpg

Schiller often used his account to promote new Apple products, services, software, and initiatives and interact with customers. As noted on Twitter by Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, however, Schiller's account no longer exists. The account had over 200,000 followers and was created in November 2008 according to a web archive of the account dated November 4.

Yesterday, Twitter CEO Elon Musk announced that former President Trump's account would be reinstated on the platform following its suspension in January 2021. In a recent interview, Apple's CEO Tim Cook commented about the future of Twitter and the social media platform's relationship with Apple. During the interview, Cook said he remained hopeful Twitter would uphold its moderation standard under the new leadership.

Article Link: Apple Executive Phil Schiller Deactivates Twitter Account

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2020
Most will not actually quit, and the people that follow through will be back.. Just like they didn't leave the USA when they said they would. All the "quit" talk just shows what an echo chamber it was and that nobody really wants any opinions other than the ones they cuddle up with on their tear stained pillow..

The fact that everyone needs to talk about twitter 24/7 is telling. When I quit something I don't need to virtue signal that I quit it.. lol

nutritious

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2008
i don't even understand what people are outraged about. he bought it and owns it, and wants to improve it and everyone is upset because he allows people on there that you have a disagreement with. where is all this self-righteousness coming from? most twitter users are secular so they don't even have a justification for their fake moral codes

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
Even Trump has rejected Twitter. Nothing is more pleasing than watching Musk flush $44 Billion down the toilet.

Trump likely legally *can’t* go back to Twitter. If he leaves Truth Social it dies, and his investors wouldn’t be happy, so they probably made him sign a contract saying he wouldn’t return if he could.

Not sure what Schiller’s mad about, all he does is lie for a living, like every other marketer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.