Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Fly (film)

macrumors 68020
Feb 12, 2006
Ireland
i don't even understand what people are outraged about. he bought it and owns it, and wants to improve it and everyone is upset because he allows people on there that you have a disagreement with. where is all this self-righteousness coming from? most twitter users are secular so they don't even have a justification for their fake moral codes
Reports of Twitter's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Mick-Mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
Honestly, I really liked Musk and everything he did for the world up until the moment he started getting political and belly-flopped into the Twitter cesspool. The game changing things he could have done for humanity with 44 billion dollars...

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
If Schiller is making a political statement, that will be the end of his Apple career I suspect. Apple as you all know is very sensitive to the staff at any level but essentially that level deviating from their (Apple) norm.

As for Trump, he is all in with Truth Social. To go back to Twitter is like saying Truth Social is no good. But being the loose cannon he is, you never know what he will do next :)

jjudson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2017
North Carolina
Many will realize life can still be productive and have meaning without Twitter and the like.
I don't give a crap about Twitter -- and have never joined it.

I do, however, find it hilarious that people think Musk will make a cesspool out of the site. Twitter has been a cesspool for years. So one set of cesspool muckrakers will now leave and another set of cesspool muckrakers will move in.

same-as-it-ever-was-david-byrne.gif

coachgq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Oh please. It’s not like Musk spent $44B of his OWN money. It’s leveraged through loans & investors. The only thing of his OWN that he put up, was the stake he held in Twitter already (approx. $4B)
You probably meant to send this to the post that I replied to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.